Bellator 238 Budd vs Cyborg

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
frC9O22.jpg

The super-skilled striker Millender stuck on a prelim? For shame! Then again, maybe Dillon Danis is actually more famous than him.

Pettis is going to be at least -1000 when lines close, but the top two fights are intriguing, especially when we get lines for Caldwell versus Borics.

The super-skilled striker Millender stuck on a prelim? For shame! Then again, maybe Dillon Danis is actually more famous than him.

Pettis is going to be at least -1000 when lines close, but the top two fights are intriguing, especially when we get lines for Caldwell versus Borics.

Millender/Moses should be a fun fight. Moses has some decent hands.

Oh damn, totally missed that Pico is on the card, too! Contrary to everyone declaring his career is dead, I think he can very easily become a great fighter after a few initial missteps. He just tried to do too much too soon.

Anywho, this is a hell of a card. Hope the two Bellator San Jose cards in April and September of this year match it in quality.

Oh damn, totally missed that Pico is on the card, too! Contrary to everyone declaring his career is dead, I think he can very easily become a great fighter after a few initial missteps. He just tried to do too much too soon.

Anywho, this is a hell of a card. Hope the two Bellator San Jose cards in April and September of this year match it in quality.
I think Pico has suffered too brutal of KO's too early. He won't be the same confident guy knowing every 3rd guy can KO him.

I think Pico has suffered too brutal of KO's too early. He won't be the same confident guy knowing every 3rd guy can KO him.

How is that necessarily a bad thing? Nevermind that there are a slew of great fighters who lost and were even knocked out in their early fights only to turn their careers around. Marlon Moraes comes to mind, among others.

This is a pretty solid card. Glad to see Millender and Pico back.

Hope to get some nice live odds on Borics after a round or two of Caldwell laying on top of him prior to Caldwell getting KO'd by a flying knee.

How is that necessarily a bad thing? Nevermind that there are a slew of great fighters who lost and were even knocked out in their early fights only to turn their careers around. Marlon Moraes comes to mind, among others.

Agree with this, Pico has just had his teething problems on a bigger stage than most people do.

Agree with this, Pico has just had his teething problems on a bigger stage than most people do.

Yeah, he tried to do too much too soon. Leandro Higo, a UFC-caliber opponent, in just his 5th professional fight was already a little crazy, although he massacred him in round 1.

Then, he moved up to Henry Corrales, a legitimately skilled and dangerous guy. He ALMOST knocked him out 1 minute in, but alas, at that level, guys are more durable and also more dangerous, and in chasing for the knockout and putting himself in danger, Pico paid for it.

Then, in response to this loss, he does the absolute dumbest shit imaginable.

First, he goes from Antonion McKee's The Bodyshop, a good, up-and-coming camp, to fucking Jackson Wink, a dying, antiquated team.

Secondly, he decides that the best fight back is immensely talented, undefeated, then 12-0 Adam Borics, a guy who is going to be a top-10 featherweight soon, if he isn't already.

Thirdly, Pico overreacts to the loss by changing his striking style completely to a wrestle-heavy one.

Predictably, this goes badly, too. He has made some poor decisions, but Pico is still only 23 and has fantastic wrestling and some of the most vicious striking in all of MMA.

His flaws are his chin and decision-making. The latter can be improved with training, and the former is not fatal, especially since his chin isn't THAT bad; the blows he got blasted with would have put out most guys.

Last edited:

Because Aaron Pico is not Marlon Moraes.

Pico at 22 wasn't as good as Moraes was at 30, but he is vastly better than Moraes was at 22.
Because Pico has his background in wrestling. It's 2019, newer MMA fighters should be doing far better than even around the time when Marlon started due to accessibility and shared information.

Pico won't ever come close to where marlon is right now. I think he will be gunshy because of the huge hype that was built around him and then current losses. ( not his fault).

But that's just my arm chair opinion. Means fuck all.

Pico really needed time to develop the transition between wrestling, striking, and clinch. He is fairly polished everywhere, but you can see he has trouble working between the different styles. It creates hesitations that has got him fucked up. I also question his durability.

Loureda pulls out with undisclosed injury

was looking to get juicy dog odds on graff

These are my tips for Bellator 238 (didn't cover all the bouts though).

Didnt see any fight of Julia Budd but I Saw her only loss was against Ronda and Nunes . Cyborg should destroy her?

Anyone on Khashakyan? I liked what I saw on tape, and he fights up to 145, where Pettis is a flyweight, this fight is at BM. I think the odds are too wide given the massive power differential and K is a fairly good striker himself, Pettis will struggle to maintain distance and could well become overwhelmed.

Back