Bellator 238 Budd vs Cyborg

I almost bet Budd pre-fight. Just watched it and glad I didn't. Passed all around for me.

Borics found a way to lose. Fair play to the DC backers. Excited to see how him vs Mckee plays out.

Borics found a way to lose. Fair play to the DC backers. Excited to see how him vs Mckee plays out.

Meh, that's not very fair. I wanted to bet Borics, but watching thte tape, I realized Caldwell was a hell of a fighter himself, and better than ever at 145. (I thought he looked incredible against Corrales) Ergo, I passed. Caldwell simply managed to exploit a relative weakness of Borics, whose improvement over his past fights has been insane, but as with virtually any great young fighter, they eventually hit a wall.

That's a credit to Caldwell, a monster grappler and arguably top 10 featherweight. Borics, who suffered his first loss in any combat sport, will come back even better. I liked seeing his utter anguish at finally tasting defeat, so refreshing from other fighters who are smiles and laughs after losing.

Back