PBP Bellator 249: Cyborg vs. Blencowe, Thu. 10/15, 7:15 PM ET/4:15 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins the Bellator 249 headliner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Already posted this but it looks like Jimmy vs Mix

if Juan is still champ what do you gain if Mix wins? He's not getting a rematch. I guess if Pettis wins but would Mix jump right back into another title fight?

WOuldnt do that fight, I'd give Jimmy someone fresh like Higo or Stots or Magomed so whoever wins is a fresh title challenger. But if thats the fight its a real fight and not another squash match.

There is nothing interesting for Cyborg unless its Nunes or Kayla Harrison.

She's just gonna beat up on washed Cat or that Irish chick or whoever these girls are. Its whatever.

if Juan is still champ what do you gain if Mix wins? He's not getting a rematch. I guess if Pettis wins but would Mix jump right back into another title fight?

WOuldnt do that fight, I'd give Jimmy someone fresh like Higo or Stots or Magomed so whoever wins is a fresh title challenger. But if thats the fight its a real fight and not another squash match.
I think of all the top contenders, Bellator might feel this is Gallagher’s best shot at a victory right now. That’s the only reason I think they’d do it.

She didn't really have competition in the UFC either, and then Dana decided to fuck with her and not get her a rematch or a decent contract lol

rematch after getting ko'd? she was getting a fixed 500k per fight in her last 3 fights as champion in the ufc. you think the ufc was gonna keep paying her that much after getting obliterated? before she was champion she was getting a fixed around 200k per fight. her last fight with budd in bellator earned her 250k in disclosed pay. she left on her own because she knew she'd make a few g's more and leverage being a champion while fighting cans in bellator. ROFL.

The result was as expected. Cyborg remains in the 2nd place step on a podium made of trash.

rematch after getting ko'd? she was getting a fixed 500k per fight in her last 3 fights as champion in the ufc. you think the ufc was gonna keep paying her that much after getting obliterated? before she was champion she was getting a fixed around 200k per fight. her last fight with budd in bellator earned her 250k in disclosed pay. she left on her own because she knew she'd make a few g's more and leverage being a champion while fighting cans in bellator. ROFL.

Every time a fighter get's KO'd they deserve less pay

Excellent analysis

Painful to watch. Complete squash match. Shame on Bellator for making this a main event.
Yeah, but Cyborg is one of the few attractions they have, division happens to be crap everywhere, it happens that she lost to the 135 champ, otherwise she would be doing the same in the UFC.

Was this on television? No? Good bye bellator. You’re finished.

Was this on television? No? Good bye bellator. You’re finished.
The main 4 fights were on CBS Sports (so it was on TV). The rest were streamed for free on the Bellator website.

I convinced my neighbor to not take the 1.5 round under on the Cyborg fight. I was quite nervous during the entire fight. :)

The main 4 fights were on CBS Sports (so it was on TV). The rest were streamed for free on the Bellator website.

I convinced my neighbor to not take the 1.5 round under on the Cyborg fight. I was quite nervous during the entire fight. :)
I didn’t know, I should know.

when did i say that?

Excellent reading comprehension

For someone as dominant as Cyborg, losing 1 fight doesn't mean you get less pay. Thats so stupid of you to even say, especially because shes basically the only female draw outside of Rousey

There is nothing interesting for Cyborg unless its Nunes or Kayla Harrison.

She's just gonna beat up on washed Cat or that Irish chick or whoever these girls are. Its whatever.

How about that King Rena in Rizin? Wouldn't mind watching her knock that dudes head into the fifth row.

For someone as dominant as Cyborg, losing 1 fight doesn't mean you get less pay. Thats so stupid of you to even say, especially because shes basically the only female draw outside of Rousey

thats even more stupid of you to assume the ufc was gonna keep paying her that much after the loss when other fighters in the ufc who are better draws gets paid even less. she lost her leverage as undefeated and a champion in the UFC. she accepted and signed on that contract for that kind of pay. and her stupid team releasing that fake edited video about dana didn't help her case. we all know dana never liked her even before she was in the ufc. so when her contract was up, dana just went bye bish.

thats even more stupid of you to assume the ufc was gonna keep paying her that much after the loss when other fighters in the ufc who are better draws gets paid even less. she lost her leverage as undefeated and a champion in the UFC. she accepted and signed on that contract for that kind of pay. and her stupid team releasing that fake edited video about dana didn't help her case. we all know dana never liked her even before she was in the ufc. so when her contract was up, dana just went bye bish.

500k for Cyborg isn't a lot of money. She is marketable, the UFC barely tried to promote her fights half the time and she still drew well.

Back