Bellator 257 April 16th Showtime Nemkov vs Davis & Anderson vs Yagshimuradov

Ideally, Vassell or Moldavsky but an Ayala type of opponent is more than likely.

Vassell would be cool to see where his wrestling and overall grappling is, but Ayala's style might actually be worse for Steve. In 2 of his 4 fights he's got his bell rung by powerful blitzing punchers, and Ayala fits the bill there. Of course he looked stronger defensively against Teed, and the knee would be a huge weapon against a stockier guy like Ayala.

Any of Vassell, Ayala, Fortune would be interesting. Moldavsky I think is too soon, and that's a better matchup that's very likely to make more sense down the road with title implications.

Vassell would be cool to see where his wrestling and overall grappling is, but Ayala's style might actually be worse for Steve. In 2 of his 4 fights he's got his bell rung by powerful blitzing punchers, and Ayala fits the bill there. Of course he looked stronger defensively against Teed, and the knee would be a huge weapon against a stockier guy like Ayala.

Any of Vassell, Ayala, Fortune would be interesting. Moldavsky I think is too soon, and that's a better matchup that's very likely to make more sense down the road with title implications.
100% agreed. I wouldnt mind Ayala because it would be a good test for Mowry. After all, if you cant get past Ayala then you have no business in the top 10.

To me he looked like a talented young guy taking on a beast way too early. He actually showed some nice stuff in the pocket for as long as it lasted, a few times he dipped Pitbull's shots, and fired back a quick hook on the way out that came close to connecting. Obviously he missed but the pathway to Pitbull's chin was clear, maybe with a few years' seasoning he doesn't miss those openings and that's a very different round. Honestly leaning slightly to Pedro here, Weichel is showing his age lately, even if he's still got a lot of savvy.
I agree, I think Pedro has a decent shot at upsetting Weichrl. At the same time, I wish Pedro wasnt fighting Weichel right now. I think he needs to dial it back a notch and face someone less seasoned. Maybe Corrales or Borics would have been better fights.

2701_1947_detail__26664.1577651753.jpg

I agree, I think Pedro has a decent shot at upsetting Weichrl. At the same time, I wish Pedro wasnt fighting Weichel right now. I think he needs to dial it back a notch and face someone less seasoned. Maybe Corrales or Borics would have been better fights.
Corrales and Borics aren't halfway washed, though. Weichel is experienced, skilled, high IQ, but he doesn't have a lot of tread left on those tires.

I'm happy to see Pico getting back in there. He's been making a lot of improvements with his new team and really developing as a fighter. Coker said after this one they would reassess his matchmaking, so that will be exciting.

This fight should tell you everything you need to know about the depth of this division, particularly considering that Bellator has arguably the best women's FW division. With the exception of a possible rematch against Nunes and a possible fight against Kayla Harrison, Cyborg doesnt have anything left to prove in MAA. Once Cyborg retires Bellator should get rid of the division and concentrate in building the 115 division, if they are still interested in WMMA.

This fight should tell you everything you need to know about the depth of this division, particularly considering that Bellator has arguably the best women's FW division. With the exception of a possible rematch against Nunes and a possible fight against Kayla Harrison, Cyborg doesnt have anything left to prove in MAA. Once Cyborg retires Bellator should get rid of the division and concentrate in building the 115 division, if they are still interested in WMMA.

Bellator has the best FW div cause they have the only FW div. UFc managed to put on bigger fights using one offs and BW but thats run its course. Right now the only FW fight not using a BW would be sign Invicta champ Sorensen.

Bellator has a div with bodies in it, the talent in that div is what it is but they have bodies atleast.

They didnt just sign Cyborg for her to walk away, she's gonna just run through who she has to. Cat, SK, Budd again, whoever gets a few wins will get a shot.

Updated BELLATOR MMA 257: Nemkov vs. Davis 2 Main Card:

April 16 on SHOWTIME 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT

• Light Heavyweight World Title/WGP Quarterfinal Bout: Vadim Nemkov (13-2) vs. Phil Davis (22-5, 1 NC)
  • Light Heavyweight World Grand Prix Quarterfinal Bout: Corey Anderson (14-5) vs. Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov (18-5-1)
  • Flyweight Bout: Veta Arteaga (5-4) vs. Desiree Yanez (5-2)
Preliminary Card:

• Lightweight Bout: Lance Gibson Jr. (3-0) vs. Marcus Surin (6-2)
  • Welterweight Bout: Grachik Bozinyan (10-4) vs. Demarques Jackson (11-4)
  • Featherweight Bout: John de Jesus (13-9)vs. Alfred Khashakyan (11-5)

Updated BELLATOR MMA 257: Nemkov vs. Davis 2 Main Card:

April 16 on SHOWTIME 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT

• Light Heavyweight World Title/WGP Quarterfinal Bout: Vadim Nemkov (13-2) vs. Phil Davis (22-5, 1 NC)
  • Light Heavyweight World Grand Prix Quarterfinal Bout: Corey Anderson (14-5) vs. Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov (18-5-1)
  • Flyweight Bout: Veta Arteaga (5-4) vs. Desiree Yanez (5-2)
Preliminary Card:

• Lightweight Bout: Lance Gibson Jr. (3-0) vs. Marcus Surin (6-2)
  • Welterweight Bout: Grachik Bozinyan (10-4) vs. Demarques Jackson (11-4)
  • Featherweight Bout: John de Jesus (13-9)vs. Alfred Khashakyan (11-5)
What happened to Pico vs Lee, Daley vs Homasi, and Carvalhi vs Weichel?

Still on the card. Someone on wiki edits quickly so you can check there. We only lost the Rogers/Burnell fight so far

I put the updated cards.... seems like a ton of injuries have messed the complexions we had before

Bellator 257
MAIN CARD (Showtime, 9 p.m. ET)

• Vadim Nemkov vs. Phil Davis
  • Corey Anderson vs. Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov
  • Paul Daley vs. Sabah Homasi
  • Veta Arteaga vs. Desiree Yanez
PRELIMS (Bellator YouTube, MMA Junkie)
  • Lance Gibson Jr. vs. Marcus Surin
  • Grachik Bozinyan vs. Demarques Jackson
  • John DeJesus vs. Alfred Khashakyan

Forum statistics

Threads