Bellator 257 April 16th Showtime Nemkov vs Davis & Anderson vs Yagshimuradov

The best possibilities are some combination of Albrektson, Puetz, Nemkov the elder, and Anglickas. Making only fresh matchups would leave combinations of Nemkov/Puetz vs Albrektson/Anglickas. Andreisceviscus and Biyong could be wild cards but are less proven. Luke Trainer, Tyree, and Christian Edwards all need more fights before consideration in something like this imo. McGeary is also a good option, but I have a feeling the shiny new guys are who they'll opt for in the reserve matches.

I think the best matchups would be Anglickas vs Puetz and Albrektson vs Nemkov.

The best possibilities are some combination of Albrektson, Puetz, Nemkov the elder, and Anglickas. Making only fresh matchups would leave combinations of Nemkov/Puetz vs Albrektson/Anglickas. Andreisceviscus and Biyong could be wild cards but are less proven. Luke Trainer, Tyree, and Christian Edwards all need more fights before consideration in something like this imo. McGeary is also a good option, but I have a feeling the shiny new guys are who they'll opt for in the reserve matches.

I think the best matchups would be Anglickas vs Puetz and Albrektson vs Nemkov.
Yeah but what if Nemkov has to step in against his brother? I would prefer Anglickas vs Puetz and Albertkson vs Biyong/Andreisceviscus to avoid any conflict of interest.

Yeah but what if Nemkov has to step in against his brother? I would prefer Anglickas vs Puetz and Albertkson vs Biyong/Andreisceviscus to avoid any conflict of interest.

Viktor isn't anything special anyway, he got fairly comfortably beaten by Klidson Abreu.

Yeah but what if Nemkov has to step in against his brother?

Then we get the biggest brother v brother matchup in mma since hughes and his brother pounded each other out behind the barn.

This might be ameliorated by having one more alternate matchup, maybe Nemkov vs McGeary or McGeary vs Biyong, so they have some leeway in how they want to proceed if his brother is still in the tourney. It'd be a shame to leave out one of the top seeds, especially if his brother gets beat out (or he hypothetically needs to replace him).

Viktor isn't anything special anyway, he got fairly comfortably beaten by Klidson Abreu.

Nobody's anything special on their worst day. Rumble's taken worse losses than that, half the tournament field has. He's one of the most proven guys outside the 8 participants, I wouldn't leave him out, he's been fighting quite well lately.

Nobody's anything special on their worst day. Rumble's taken worse losses than that, half the tournament field has. He's one of the most proven guys outside the 8 participants, I wouldn't leave him out, he's been fighting quite well lately.

He's okay, I think he's a decent guy for filler but probably shouldn't be ranked in a top organisation imo.

Excited about Machida vs Bader even though both guys are less than they were before.

I hope Machida wins this rematch. He lost his last 2 by split decision but I thought he won both. If he beats Bader again and ends up out of the tournament he should move up to HW and take the belt, then fight Fedor. Fedor and Machida are my favorite fighters so I hate to see them fight but it would be awesome.

I love the brackets.

They put Nemkov who everyone thinks is the best fighter on the same side of the bracket as Rumble and Romero who are the most marketable and exciting fighters.

It guarantees the finals will have either the best fighter. (Could be Davis if he beats Nemkov) or one of the most exciting fighters. (Rumble or Yoel)

The other side is pretty decent as well.

We could end up with a Bader vs Nemkov rematch

I hope Machida wins this rematch. He lost his last 2 by split decision but I thought he won both. If he beats Bader again and ends up out of the tournament he should move up to HW and take the belt, then fight Fedor. Fedor and Machida are my favorite fighters so I hate to see them fight but it would be awesome.
How the fuck do you scored the Mousasi fight for Machida? He did nothing only attepmted a submission from his back at the end. He even got dropped in the first round by Moose. Very easy fight to score, that split is bullshit. Ah, you said Fedor and Machida are your favorite fighters, I didn't seen that at first

Full media scores:

Untitled.png

Am I the only one that thinks Romero stands a good chance of just running through this thing?
Disclaimer: haven't seen any of Nemkov's fights. Fixing that rn

Am I the only one that thinks Romero stands a good chance of just running through this thing?
Disclaimer: haven't seen any of Nemkov's fights. Fixing that rn
After you see his fights, you will change your mind about Romero winning this GP <21>

I agree with any combination of this 2 matchup s. Let viktor out of the gp. Use him on regular fights

I love the brackets.

They put Nemkov who everyone thinks is the best fighter on the same side of the bracket as Rumble and Romero who are the most marketable and exciting fighters.

It guarantees the finals will have either the best fighter. (Could be Davis if he beats Nemkov) or one of the most exciting fighters. (Rumble or Yoel)

The other side is pretty decent as well.

We could end up with a Bader vs Nemkov rematch

I'm guessing the big issue is Coker wants to make sure he has a big ex UFC name to fight Nemkov/Davis next, so you have Rumble/Romero as a big fight in itself and then also one of them sure(bar injury) to be in the next round.

The guys on the other side of the draw having less hype I think makes sense, they won't be used to hype big cards in the first couple of rounds most likely and it means the one who reaches the final will actually have built up some hype with a couple of good wins.

Personally my feeling is Davis had his best chance against Nemkov in a 3 rounder when the latter was facing his style for the first time, not sure I can see Davis adapting to those lowkicks and Nomkov now has 5 rounds to work them or land a KO.

Vadim Vs Davis over 5 is an interesting fight I think. Vadim had better be careful with how he paces himself, if he goes out there and tries to KO Phil and starts getting tired he could be in trouble. Phil has one of the absolute best chins in the history of the sport imo.

Davis has a solid chin for sure but I would not place aming the absolute best in history a guy who refuses to engage as much as he does.
There are guys who expose their chins to clean shots waaay more than he does and still take them, repeteadly.

How the fuck do you scored the Mousasi fight for Machida? He did nothing only attepmted a submission from his back at the end. He even got dropped in the first round by Moose. Very easy fight to score, that split is bullshit. Ah, you said Fedor and Machida are your favorite fighters, I didn't seen that at first

Full media scores:

Untitled.png

It was a close fight where not much happened. I thought Machida won, 1 judge agreed with me. 2 disagreed. A draw would have been the best result probably but MMA hardly ever gives draws. I'd have to watch the fight again to give any details but I recall it being pretty boring so I doubt I will lol

It’s a shame they couldn’t have brought Moose in, the Bader side is so stale. I could see Davis pulling off the upset against Nemkov. All he needs is to land takedowns earlier in the round and he would have won the first fight.

Back