News Bellator 269: Fedor vs Timothy Johnson for Oct 23

Who wins

• Fedor

• Johnson

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can think of at least 10 guys from Bellator's LW division who wpuld be better match ups. If Usman wants to beat bums then I hope they put him in the prelims.

Ali is getting away with his antics again… just like he did in WSOF and continues to do with PFL… the pest has arrived to Bellator … package deals for his fighters and favorable matchmaking … Bellator better be careful here … but this usman fight sucks big time… I went to the Patricio vs Mckee show and all his guys got easy fights … it’s incredible

Ali is getting away with his antics again… just like he did in WSOF and continues to do with PFL… the pest has arrived to Bellator … package deals for his fighters and favorable matchmaking … Bellator better be careful here … but this usman fight sucks big time… I went to the Patricio vs Mckee show and all his guys got easy fights … it’s incredible

Does Ali manage MVP as well?

This is what Bellator does.

Usman constantly fighting a garbage can is ridiculous (dude's coming off a fucking loss, as well) and the commission shouldn't sanction it.

If Coker can get away with his more marketable fighters crushing coke cans, then he's gonna keep doing it.

The end result... ??

They're jokers.

Bellator is very persistent on it's way to ruin Fedor's retirement. tickets went on sale yesterday and the cheapest are more than x2 more expensive than UFC Moscow was. this is beyond crazy. add to that that it most likely be vaccinated only can attend and a loss of most appealing fight i seriously expect it to be an empty arena. less than 2000 tickets sold wont surprise me at all.

Bellator is very persistent on it's way to ruin Fedor's retirement. tickets went on sale yesterday and the cheapest are more than x2 more expensive than UFC Moscow was. this is beyond crazy. add to that that it most likely be vaccinated only can attend and a loss of most appealing fight i seriously expect it to be an empty arena. less than 2000 tickets sold wont surprise me at all.
I dunno. I’m not Russian, so admittedly a bit ignorant on what constitutes a large purchase over there. From what I can see about UFC Moscow, tickets ranged from 1500-35,000 rubles, which at the time was $24-$513. Tickets for Fedor vs Johnson range from 3500-50,000 rubles, which currently is about is $48-$687. So you’re not wrong when you say the cheapest tickets are double the price of UFC Moscow, but these seem like pretty insignificant amounts to me. UFC charged $500 max for a Calvin Kattar vs Zabit main event, I think a little under $700 for Fedor’s last fight in Russia seems reasonable to me. Bellator is pretty bush league these days, but I would expect ticket sales to do well for this fight.

I dunno. I’m not Russian, so admittedly a bit ignorant on what constitutes a large purchase over there. From what I can see about UFC Moscow, tickets ranged from 1500-35,000 rubles, which at the time was $24-$513. Tickets for Fedor vs Johnson range from 3500-50,000 rubles, which currently is about is $48-$687. So you’re not wrong when you say the cheapest tickets are double the price of UFC Moscow, but these seem like pretty insignificant amounts to me. UFC charged $500 max for a Calvin Kattar vs Zabit main event, I think a little under $700 for Fedor’s last fight in Russia seems reasonable to me. Bellator is pretty bush league these days, but I would expect ticket sales to do well for this fight.
UFC was selling not necessarily a certain fight, although it was very respectable Volkov vs. JDS when the majority of tickets were sold, but a live UFC experience. and i can tell you it delivered.
but Bellator has nothing to offer. they have no audience in Russia, no reputation, not even a tv presence. and a shit show card on top of that.

UFC was selling not necessarily a certain fight, although it was very respectable Volkov vs. JDS when the majority of tickets were sold, but a live UFC experience. and i can tell you it delivered.
but Bellator has nothing to offer. they have no audience in Russia, no reputation, not even a tv presence. and a shit show card on top of that.
Yeah, I can’t speak to Bellator’s presence in Russia, but I think the card they’re putting together is decent. A lot of the fights on that Zabit-Kattar card weren’t that special on paper, I’m glad the event delivered though. It would seem like Bellator would have some fanbase in Russia considering they have Fedor, Minakov, Kharitonov, Nemkov, Tokov, Usman Nurmagomedov, and others on the roster. I checked attendance for the UFC Moscow card and it was 11,000 people. Bellator is going to a roughly 12,000 seat arena I think, and I would assume they’d come close to selling it out. But maybe I’m totally off base, we’ll see how ticket sales do.

Yeah, I can’t speak to Bellator’s presence in Russia, but I think the card they’re putting together is decent. A lot of the fights on that Zabit-Kattar card weren’t that special on paper, I’m glad the event delivered though. It would seem like Bellator would have some fanbase in Russia considering they have Fedor, Minakov, Kharitonov, Nemkov, Tokov, Usman Nurmagomedov, and others on the roster. I checked attendance for the UFC Moscow card and it was 11,000 people. Bellator is going to a roughly 12,000 seat arena I think, and I would assume they’d come close to selling it out. But maybe I’m totally off base, we’ll see how ticket sales do.
It's Fedor, so it will sell out regardless.

People are being negative about this event since they don't like the Fedor matchup. But I think it's a good card, besides the Usman matchup

I think @Feniamin can dispute what you’re saying right now to be honest. I believe Bellator has a good tv deal and somewhat of a presence in Russian mma.

I think @Feniamin can dispute what you’re saying right now to be honest. I believe Bellator has a good tv deal and somewhat of a presence in Russian mma.
Bellator has no tv deal and next to no tv coverage in Russia since a sport network Match TV dropped them last year. now it's buried on a movie streaming service Okko as a paid bonus to a football package. you can guess how popular it is.
i believe somewhat of a presence is what Bellator has in North America.

Bellator has no tv deal and next to no tv coverage in Russia since a sport network Match TV dropped them last year. now it's buried on a movie streaming service Okko as a paid bonus to a football package. you can guess how popular it is.
i believe somewhat of a presence is what Bellator has in North America.
I think I believe @Feniamin over you no offense

It's Fedor, so it will sell out regardless.

People are being negative about this event since they don't like the Fedor matchup. But I think it's a good card, besides the Usman matchup
I think ticket sales will do well also, but it will be interesting to see. And Bellator is putting together a pretty good card. Sucks that Fortune pulled out of the Minakov fight. Rather than Moose fighting Vanderford next, I’d have rather they booked Mousasi vs Tokov for the belt on that card if it was possible. And people need to get the fuck over it with the Tim Johnson thing, honestly. People are way too pissy about that fight.

I think ticket sales will do well also, but it will be interesting to see. And Bellator is putting together a pretty good card. Sucks that Fortune pulled out of the Minakov fight. Rather than Moose fighting Vanderford next, I’d have rather they booked Mousasi vs Tokov for the belt on that card if it was possible. And people need to get the fuck over it with the Tim Johnson thing, honestly. People are way too pissy about that fight.
They said they are looking at an Amsterdam card in December so I am assuming they did Mousasi now so he will be ready for that

Yeah, the card itself isn't that bad, not fantastic.

It's light years ahead of the "But I'm friends with John Kavanagh" cards from Ireland.

"Let's sign every single fighter that's ever walked into SBG" isn't exactly a razor sharp marketing strategy, but whatever.

Yeah, the card itself isn't that bad, not fantastic.

It's light years ahead of the "But I'm friends with John Kavanagh" cards from Ireland.

"Let's sign every single fighter that's ever walked into SBG" isn't exactly a razor sharp marketing strategy, but whatever.
The Ireland card just got updated with more bouts and it's pretty strong now

The Ireland card just got updated with more bouts and it's pretty strong now

Not really sure I agree with that.

The main card at least features ranked fighters against ranked fighters.

WAY too heavy on SBG fighters, the cronyism is just too transparent for my tastes.

Not really sure I agree with that.

The main card at least features ranked fighters against ranked fighters.

WAY too heavy on SBG fighters, the cronyism is just too transparent for my tastes.
Those fights are at least meaningul rankingwise and there are some grudge matches, too.

Back