Bellator 279: Cyborg vs Blencowe 2 - April 23rd

My final results from this card.

Overall, it was a good result for me, much better than today's UFC result, but I profited on both cards, so that's nice.

Bellator 278 = $28.36
Bellator 279 = $419.58
Total = $447.94

I am watching the Bellator recap portion of this video and Josh Thomson and Big John are talking about Ilima-Lei MacFarlane. (around the 1:05:00 mark of the video)

They basically talked about how she looked bad in the fight, and how she has had serious knee issues in her career, which is why she hadn't fought since December 2020. They also said she wasn't able to run during this camp, which is why her cardio and output looked bad in Round 3. Moreover, they mentioned her lack of fire, and how it probably affected her coming off of her first loss where she lost her title, and the long layoff.

MacFarlane is a grappler, so her having serious knee issues and lacking the fire isn't good for her. If she fights again, she will definitely be the favorite due to her name, she'll be coming off of back-to-back losses, and she might be in a spot where retirement is likely if she loses (which makes fighters usually fight worse than usual).

Since MacFarlane won't be fighting for a title next time out, we'll get good dog odds on her opponent, so there is potential for a lot of money to be made the next time we see her fight, which will likely be her last fight.

I am watching the Bellator recap portion of this video and Josh Thomson and Big John are talking about Ilima-Lei MacFarlane. (around the 1:05:00 mark of the video)

They basically talked about how she looked bad in the fight, and how she has had serious knee issues in her career, which is why she hadn't fought since December 2020. They also said she wasn't able to run during this camp, which is why her cardio and output looked bad in Round 3. Moreover, they mentioned her lack of fire, and how it probably affected her coming off of her first loss where she lost her title, and the long layoff.

MacFarlane is a grappler, so her having serious knee issues and lacking the fire isn't good for her. If she fights again, she will definitely be the favorite due to her name, she'll be coming off of back-to-back losses, and she might be in a spot where retirement is likely if she loses (which makes fighters usually fight worse than usual).

Since MacFarlane won't be fighting for a title next time out, we'll get good dog odds on her opponent, so there is potential for a lot of money to be made the next time we see her fight, which will likely be her last fight.

Doubt we will ever get a better spot than kish at +250-350. I tried to tell people she was mulling retirement and coming off knee surgery

she’s going to get an easy fight next time out. They thought kish grappling was poor enough for macfarlane to dominate but macfarlanes grappling is way overrated without the injury and layoff.

they will feed her a can like most of the girls she’s fought previously

Back