PBP Bellator 300: Nurmagomedov vs. Primus, Sat. 10/7, 6:30 PM ET/3:30 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who ends Bellator 300 as a champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn, usman was on a pretty easy side of the bracket in that tournament. Shabliy vs. usman has seemed inevitable for a while now. This tournament just delayed it.
I liked McKee's chances to win it all despite how impressed I've been with Shabliy. He really did KO an arguable prime Patricio and had a 50/50 fight in the rematch.

It also breaks my heart that Patricio went to flyweight for 3 titles instead of moving up to LW to avenge his brother type thing since Bendo, Primus and a couple of the other guys felt way out of place being in this tourney at this point.

At 38 Primus just doesn't have the speed to compete with the top fighters anymore. Usman will make a nice addition to the UFC roster if he goes there but I think he will need to find another gear. Fighters in UFC LW division can match his skill set while pushing the pace enough to outwork him.
he hasn't even hit his prime yet, and he is fighting at like 75% most of his fights. Give him another 3-4 fights, 2-3 more years of training, and he will round up into form. His toughest fights are in practice, guarantee it.

This Meredith dude must have the most pillow of pillow fists.

watched the replay. all i can say is zingano did a good impression of bob sapp

couldn't take the heat so he cards me

<36>

he hasn't even hit his prime yet, and he is fighting at like 75% most of his fights. Give him another 3-4 fights, 2-3 more years of training, and he will round up into form. His toughest fights are in practice, guarantee it.
He looks like he's using ~50% of these fights to work on specific things. It doesn't. Make for great television, and it doesn't set the sport on fire, but it is impressive in its own way. He has the most potential in that group, IMHO. To your point, he's being pushed in practice much further than on television. He would be really good for a Bellator/PFL merger

Back