Bellator don't sound interested in Anderson Silva?

Lol, no one wants damaged goods.

Is Bellator interested in impending free agent Anderson Silva?
Scott-Coker-Anderson-Silva-1.jpeg

“I have a lot of respect for him. He’s definitely one of the greatest fighters in the history of mixed martial arts. I really haven’t thought about it, but I think I’m happy with the way our roster is heading and the fighters that we have now. I think that’s my statement on that.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/list...nderson-silva-whos-next-for-vadim-nemkov-more
Obviously Coker is going to say that.

Anderson is still under contract with the UFC. He's not going to tamper and give Dana an excuse to send some legal papers.

Once Anderson finishes out the last fight on his UFC contract, or is officially released from contract by the UFC, THEN Coker can show his cards.

Really comes down to how Anderson finishes out his contract. He looked good against Hall. Anderson most definitely should not be booked in any 5 round fights... that too under USADA. So, there are still acceptable grounds for wanting to see Anderson fight again. He was fighting a top10 fighter, and leading on points up till the knockdown. He looked good.

However, If Anderson gets smashed in his final UFC fight, like badly knocked out cold... put to sleep... then yea, I guess Bellator would be under fire for signing Anderson Silva in that case... especially since Dana White is already willing to throw out the narrative that Anderson shouldn't be licensed to fight (from the guy who signed CM Punk to fight twice).

So yea... really depends on how Anderson's final fight plays out. The UFC is contractually obligated to offer Anderson Silva a fight.
Dana is likely going to offer another 5 round fight against a top10 guy in his prime in order to burry Anderson once and for all... so yea, the odds are against Anderson for sure.

Time for Fedor vs. Silva at catchweight.
I don't know how can Coker not see this possibility.
He can hire Silva only for this megafight.

Silva is one of the dumbest people to ever be associated with MMA

If he was smart enough to retire after the Bonnar fight, or even either of the Weidman fights...he would've been remembered as a legend with no asterisks.

Like it or not he's taken a giant shit on his own legacy, same with Fedor

Telling a fighter when to stop, or quit is almost impossible. They just don't listen to their bodies, or anyone around them. Just look at Ali versus Holmes, that fight should've never happened.

Almost all of the greats do it in combat sports
Muhammad Ali lost to a bum in his last fight (a guy who ended up getting beaten to death inside a church)
Tyson lost to bums, Duran did and the list goes on
Chuck, BJ, Andy, Fedor and the list of MMA greats is the same
GSP is the only one who retired without losing a ton

That "bum" got beat to death in a church when he was 52 years old, against two assailants, with weapons. You bringing that up, and misrepresenting the situation also doesn't do anything to further your point.

Well they signed 50 year old Ken and Royce. Kimbo and DADA 5000. Basically they can't afford him

the reality is that Anderson is damaged goods

Bellator has paid top dollar for that in the past, the execs at Viacom must be smartening up

If he was smart enough to retire after the Bonnar fight, or even either of the Weidman fights...he would've been remembered as a legend with no asterisks.

He made milions extra, so why would he care about his legacy?

Maybe Bare Knuckle? He can be the co-main event when PVZ makes her debut.

The fight we all need to see.

Anderson Silva
Anderson_Silva.png

vs

Anderson Silva
silva.jpg

I think Anderson Silva might need to juice and put on 60 lbs before he fights..... Anderson Silva though.

<{JustBleed}>

That "bum" got beat to death in a church when he was 52 years old, against two assailants, with weapons. You bringing that up, and misrepresenting the situation also doesn't do anything to further your point.
Not really misrepresenting shit, Trevor Berbick was a shit boxer, him getting murdered inside a church is an interesting tidbit, can’t imagine how anyone could relate it to his career
I love how you ignored the entire post for the bit about Berbick getting killed, lol

In real life it is actually difficult to retire if you are still young and healthy. Living on saved money without a constant income source if really difficult unless you have enough discipline to still live the same lifestyle and know how to manage investments.

Also, not working or teaching instead of doing gets old quickly for most people. Sure, a business savy person can found a gym, sell merchandise, etc but most people are not good at that.

Anderson fucked his whole late career up, made terrible decisions. Can't blame Coker. Andersons worth is really low now and doesn't justify his asking price most probably.

Thank the lord. I would hate to see the Spider get KO'd by a can-crusher like MVP at the end of his career

. Have MVP, their Silva, beat up Anderson. God dammit that's worth throwing up. I hope Coker doesn't go there.

And I hope if Anderson still wants to compete he'd style on cans in Japan. That'll still be fun to watch.

IDK, cans in Japan have a tendency to style on Anderson... MVP vs Anderson would at least be a fun fight (but we all thought that Venom vs Semtex would be fireworkds, so who knows).

Tito vs Anderson would be fun too, in a different kind of bout.

Although nothing would’ve been better than for him to retire after ko’ing bonnar, in Brazil no less. These fighters need to make money, their families are accustomed to a certain lifestyle. Training jiu- jitsu a few days a week isn’t going to cut it.

Hopefully this is code for "we're trying to get out of the aging-legends business". Gracie, Shamrock, Kimbo, Fedor. Not working out well for any of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back