Bellator Fedor vs. Bader Payout Discussion.

Ngannou was offered 8million to re-sign with UFC to fight Jones, he turned it down.

Fedor, an absolute legend, fought Bader a second time for the Bellator title, and got 100k.

Lol Bellator's pay is shocking.

Fedor was knocked out in his last fight in 13 seconds, unfortunately by a jab.

As a prize fighter, sadly hes not worth much.

Last edited:
Bellator has been paying out roughly an average of 30% of revenue.

The UFC has been paying out ~18% of revenue for the past ten years, a bit lower now. This isn't up for debate its public information from their financial filings and court discovery. 18% includes every single penny attributed to fighters - all bonuses, PPV points, travel, hotels, per diem, insurance, the performance institute.

Bellator makes a lot less revenue so the totals look low, but they are sharing a much more fair split of the incoming cash with the fighters. At some point near double what the UFC revenue share is.

The UFC pays these guys pennies on the dollar.

Yes, UFC is wrong

But that still doesn't make Bellator pay acceptable

They are BOTH in the wrong

Doubt that is all he actually took home but he's one of the few guys I would actually believe would take a retirement fight for the honor of it. Money was far from guaranteed back in the era he first got into fighting. At least now a mid tier fighter in the UFC can bank a few million through a long career in and out of the cage. Back then, if you weren't a household name you were not thinking about retirement ever.

Disclosed pay dosen't mean shit. Josh Thomson did a segment on it. Much like you or I, fighters don't want people knowing exactly what they make. They only have to disclose a small percentage of what they actually make for public record through the commission.

This. Even Josh Thomson was saying this. He said he made close to 7 figures and was disclosed pay of like $15k.

Anyone who thinks Fedor only got $100k is out of their mind. I’m guessing 1/2mil minimum but probably more.

No question. Disclosed pay is a fallacy and people are hung up on it. Figures.

No he absolutely wouldn't, the man is 46 years old, no one cares about him nowadays... Mark Hunt was somewhat of a star still, that's what you're failing to notice, not only that, but when he was making 850k per fight, he was still having fights people wanted to watch, such as the Lesnar one.

Fedor was a bigger star than Hunt though.

UFC pays far more than what Bellator pays though. As evidence with those numbers. Bellator still have prelim fighters making 1k / 1k.

They also don't pay for any injuries sustained in a fight, which the UFC does.

They also don't have a bonus structure either, which the UFC does.
A 2005 shill? That's gotta be a joke. A sick joke.

I mean if you think about it, it's pretty good pay. Fedor got paid $666,66 per second for his retirement fight.

UFC pays far more than what Bellator pays though. As evidence with those numbers. Bellator still have prelim fighters making 1k / 1k.

They also don't pay for any injuries sustained in a fight, which the UFC does.

They also don't have a bonus structure either, which the UFC does.

Bellator pays more than their disclosed pay to their fighters, particularly their top guys. This is common sense, same as the UFC. These threads are getting tiresome. If you think Fedor only made 100k you're being a fool.

No question. Disclosed pay is a fallacy and people are hung up on it. Figures.
It is a fallacy, but when the UFC used to do it haters come out of the woodwork and take it as gospel. Cormier recently said Israel makes closer to 7mil+ per fight and has been for a while now.

Reactions: lsa
It is a fallacy, but when the UFC used to do it haters come out of the woodwork and take it as gospel. Cormier recently said Israel makes closer to 7mil+ per fight and has been for a while now.

I know. I said he said that and got dragged for it despite Izzy himself saying he signed the second biggest deal in the UFC behind Conor - at the time - and DC confirmed it. Hilarious, lol.

Its even more peanuts when he takes it back to Russia given the exchange rate. Unless there’s some deal in place where he gets payed back there somehow

Disclosed pay dosen't mean shit. Josh Thomson did a segment on it. Much like you or I, fighters don't want people knowing exactly what they make. They only have to disclose a small percentage of what they actually make for public record through the commission.
This. Julia Budd's reported purse was $350,000 per fight. Corey Anderson stated that he made more money in six months in Bellator than he did in his entire UFC run.

People actually believe that Fedor only made 100k.<Lmaoo>

If he had signed to the UFC after PRIDE, right now he'd be making an absolute killing. UFC are paying Arlovski 700k right now, and he's on the prelims at like 44 years old. No one cares about him anymore either, but he's earning a big salary.
And if my grandma had wheels she'd be a bicycle. If bellator had signed him after PRIDE he'd be making a lot of money there as well had his contract not run out.

Back