Bellator London MVP vs Melillo

Was he yelling that for real? LOL

He yelled it during the fight late in round 3 when he knew he lost, right after the fight in his corner, AND grabbed the microphone from Soren during his post-fight interview to yell that as well.

Brain-dead, sorry-ass loser.

R1: Shipman (Edwards gave away that round by doing nothing and allowing himself to get held against the cage)

Had round 1 for Edwards, but it's closer than I expected it would be from the tape. At least so far.

R1: Shipman (Edwards gave away that round by doing nothing and allowing himself to get held against the cage)
R2: Shipman (Clear round. Edwards didn't do shit, and was controlled for 4 minutes of the round.)

I have it 1-1

incredibly boring

Round 2 is definitely Shipman's round.

I was looking to bet Shipman, but man, he looked awful for this level on the tape. Wasn't bowled over by Fabian, but thought he would take more advantage in the striking and not be as bothered by Shipman's underwhelming grappling.

Shipman gave that round away by doing nothing and accepting a weak takedown

I don’t think either did enough to win that awful fight but I guess I’d give Edwards the nod for actually inflicting more than an ounce of damage

I have it 2-1 Fabian Edwards, but man, what a massively disappointing performance by him.

Shipman is a tough guy who doesn't go away easily, but his talent level is very underwhelming for this level. Fabian should have walked through him.

30-27 = no way Fabian Edwards was losing tonight, even though he clearly lost Round 2.

The right man won, but the judge who scored it 30-27 should be banned from ever scoring a fight again. Edwards did nothing to win round 2.

Such a shit decision. Could have just about seen Edwards edging it even though he did almost nothing for 2 rounds but 30-27 is plain stupid.

Shipman definitely the right side there.

Shipman definitely the right side there.

Kind of? As I wrote elsewhere, I was actually surprised by how flawed and deficient in basic skills Shipman was when looking at the tape contrasted with his glossy record. He's just a tough bastard and overachiever who has defeated many guys with better skills and natural talent over his career.

I thought the skill gap would be too much against Fabian, even if the difference between him and his older brother is comparable to the difference between Dhiego and Douglas Lima, and I was half-right, as Fabian underachieved to the point of almost giving the fight away.

When one guy fights perfectly, maxes out his abilities, and another guy severely underperforms and half-asses it, and STILL edges the fight, is -350 correct or overinflated? Hard to say.

How is Shipman being the value side even debatable?

Back