Best Gloves for Power Punching?

Sam L.

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a pair of boxing gloves made for power punching. I know some brands are geared toward protecting the hands, but I am not concerned with hurting myself. My hands are already well conditioned, so what gloves would help me apply the most power?

I'm looking to purchase a pair of boxing gloves made for power punching. I know some brands are geared toward protecting the hands, but I am not concerned with hurting myself. My hands are already well conditioned, so what gloves would help me apply the most power?
Why do you want to apply the most power what U want to hurt your sparring partner?

My 2 cents - Bare Knuckle, Just hands wrapped, MMA gloves and pro bag gloves -- https://www.titleboxing.com/gloves/title-boxing-pro-leather-speed-bag-gloves-3-0. Not sure if that means more power but since it spreads the force of your punch over a smaller area, would translate into more damage from your punch. Also would think your velocity of the punch would increase and that is far more important by a large factor on the kinetic energy of your punch than the added weight of bigger gloves.

What are you using them for? For pro fights Mexican style gloves with horse hair padding, like Reyes, are what you call punchers gloves. If you're asking for a training glove that has great feedback, then most of the top brands, like Winning & Reyes, have great feedback and are designed to improve knuckle placement.

If you just want to hit shit hard because you think you're a bad ass, then save your money and forget about gloves. You're going to need that cash for hospital bills.

If you hit hard, most any glove would do the trick but I think you’re looking for something to help in that department.

Sad.

Back