Best Performance in UFC history?

Shogun fought consistently following the Jones mauling and he was KOed and even beaten several times. HE WAS NEVER BEATEN LIKE THAT AGAIN. He was never beaten like that prior. This is greasy hate lol

He struggled horribly against Brandon Vera, was brutally beaten against senior citizen Dan Henderson in horrendous fashion until Dan gassed out from bashing his skull in for 2 rounds, he became a sloppy brawler with big power who relied more on toughness than his actual skills.

You can only take so much damage before the chin goes out the window.

You can call it hate, I call it facts and complete and utter delusion attempting to deny the fact that THREE ACL tears had a massive impact on the career of a professional athlete who went from having a 19-4 record to finishing up his career 8-10-1 post third ACL tear.

Last edited:
Anderson vs Leban is the answer, its that simple.

the #2

is Conor vs Aldo

He struggled horribly against Brandon Vera, was brutally beaten against senior citizen Dan Henderson in horrendous fashion until Dan gassed out from bashing his skull in for 2 rounds, he became a sloppy brawler with big power who relied more on toughness than his actual skills.

You can only take so much damage before the chin goes out the window.

You can call it hate, I call it facts and complete and utter delusion attempting to deny the fact that THREE ACL tears had a massive impact on the career of a professional athlete who went from having a 19-4 record to finishing up his career 8-10-1 post third ACL tear.
He had a close fight with Hendo and got caught. The levels of history rewriting and false equivalence to compare Shogun Hendo to Shogun Jones you should be deeply ashamed sherbro

Gonzaga vs Cro Cop has to be up there. Definitely a defining moment in both thier careers. Gonzaga never had another performance close to that, and Cro Cop became a shadow of his former self.

GSP vs Hughes at ufc 79. You could sub in any current or former welterweight for Hughes and they would've got completely smoked all the same.

Cody Garbrandt against Dominick Cruz
this is the correct answer, in the truest sense of the word “perform.” nobody has ever put their skill set together as well on one night, against a world class opponent like dominick cruz. the fact that cody never performed that well again only highlights how on he was that night.

Penn/Sanchez at UFC 107.

BJ dropped him with the first punch he landed. Outstruck him 149 to 8 and defended all 27 takedown attempts. Then he finished him with a head kick in the fifth. It's an all time beatdown on par with Jones/Shogun.

It deserved more attention.
when i think of the best performance, i think of a fighter doing their absolute best, maybe getting tested, but digging deep, and rising to the occasion. for bj, i think that fight was as easy as it looked. respect to diego, but he was not of the same caliber. bj’s performance in the first gsp fight was much more impressive imo.

What do you think is the best showcase of skills, fighting abillity and toughness ever displayed in a fight?

I have 3 contenders to this questions:

GSP vs Jon Fitch

Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin

Jon Jones vs Shogun Rua

Honorable Mentions:

McGregor vs Alvarez

Khabib vs Poirier
Unpopular but reasonable picks:

- aspinall v volkov. Just a perfect display of how to mix striking into grappling early and work for a sub. Textbook.

- Izzy v costa. I hate Izzy but it was textbookZ

- Beneil v Gamrot.

He had a close fight with Hendo and got caught. The levels of history rewriting and false equivalence to compare Shogun Hendo to Shogun Jones you should be deeply ashamed sherbro

You realize they fought twice, correct? Make no mistake about it the first fight was "close", but only because as I stated, Henderson gassed out from absolutely demolishing Shogun in the first three rounds, Shogun ate more significant damage in round 3 against Hendo than any other round of his career.

Shoguns toughness was the primary factor in that fight being competitive, because it was an absolutely vicious mauling through 15 minutes and if you knew your MMA history, I wouldn't need to explain this.

3.gif

giphy.gif

hendo-shogun.gif

868703fef0254e7fb3e51f5ff4dbdffd.gif

6647454529d84ce6a8c8c477c352daf8.gif

fd6d51c6e0fb4ff798707ba455e7b4bc.gif

3ca1ab8a8ca9456db87655080274c1a2.gif

Last edited:
Whatever Arianny did to keep her job so long

Followed by crap performances, but neck tats vs Dom Cruz was an amazing performance

Conor vs Aldo

Conor vs Alvarez

Conor vs Cowboy

Chael vs Anderson 1. Close to perfect performance before Silva got lucky.

Superficially, not taking fighters skill levels or match-up or etc. into account, it's probably Silva versus Griffin. Sure, there's some fights that ended in mere seconds, but Silva vs Griffin was like five dominating fights in one.

Anderson Silva vs Chris Leben or Forrest Griffin

Back