Best staredown ever ?

oq9Bdz.gif

He's right.

Honourable mention:

BogusBrightGreatargus-max-1mb.gif
The more I see that Cro Cop/Wand gif the more badass it seems.

The ref is feeling them up, and giving instructions in some kind of language. And proceeds to pat them both several times on the forehead.

In that whole gif, neither guy even blinks. Even while some third party is patting them on the forehead.

Epic shit.

Sergei had a funny one before that one against my man Choi Mu-Bae (back then I was on the hypewagon, Choi seemed like he was en route to become a good HW... then Sergei happened)

Some really good staredowners that don't get mentioned too often are Babalu Sobral and Ninja Rua (well, Ninja does get credit for the Tony Bonello one, but that's about it)
Babalu & Ninja always looked like they wanted to kill their opponent
Nice job at not getting out-stared by staredown-artist Kharitonov

Babalu had some mean ones, intense dude, and one of the best wrestlers from Brazil... sadly I can't find a gif of the second Chuck fight (I'm still mad he just went after him brawling wildly in his long awaited title fight, instead of trying to wrestle the Iceman... he had a very documented training camp with lots of wrestlers and all that good stuff, and he blew it by running after Chuck getting countered over and over

Made Mousasi break eye contact :eek:

Is there anyone else who can rock tribal tattoos? Even his friggin' haircut looks like it wants to fuck you up

Sergei had a funny one before that one against my man Choi Mu-Bae (back then I was on the hypewagon, Choi seemed like he was en route to become a good HW... then Sergei happened)

Some really good staredowners that don't get mentioned too often are Babalu Sobral and Ninja Rua (well, Ninja does get credit for the Tony Bonello one, but that's about it)
Babalu & Ninja always looked like they wanted to kill their opponent
Nice job at not getting out-stared by staredown-artist Kharitonov

Babalu had some mean ones, intense dude, and one of the best wrestlers from Brazil... sadly I can't find a gif of the second Chuck fight (I'm still mad he just went after him brawling wildly in his long awaited title fight, instead of trying to wrestle the Iceman... he had a very documented training camp with lots of wrestlers and all that good stuff, and he blew it by running after Chuck getting countered over and over

Made Mousasi break eye contact :eek:

Is there anyone else who can rock tribal tattoos? Even his friggin' haircut looks like it wants to fuck you up
I never thought Choi mu bae would be any good,but he WAS funny

I never thought Choi mu bae would be any good,but he WAS funny

Yeah, obviously one can't win all them "future GOATs picks"
But I did have a good feeling about "The Heavy Tank of Busan"... PRIDE hyped him well, his Greco-Roman background was another thing that made him endearing to me, and if the Giant Silva bout was an obvious freakshow, his wins over Soa Pelelei
(undefeated vs undefeated, Choi was 3-0 and "The Hulk" was 8-0, not bad)
and, in his second MMA fight ever, over Yoshihisha Yamamoto who had an insane record like... google time... dayum, when they fought he was 42-33-1?

An 86 fights veteran who had just smashed Mark Kerr just one fight ago (he lost to Cro Cop right after) in what was surely a colossal upset; using a never-seen before technique to KO the hulking Hammer House prodigy in 40 seconds

the Japanese pioneer was quicly emulated at UFC 43 only 4 months later, when the massive underdog (+500) Falaniko Vitale would use a reverse variant of the YoYa to KO Matt "The Law" Lindland (-350 favorite) in a HUGE upset!

3 years later, the desperate underdog Rob "The Saint" Emerson (last seen last year KOing Krazy Horse/Felony/Kid Khaos in are bare knuckle bout) would extensively study the "YoYa" in order to KO the future 2x UFC LW contender & gigantic favorite Gray "The Bully" Menard, which he totally did!
3 times is obviously not luck, but 3 times as huge underdogs against elite wrestlers? There are levels to this.

Yeah, obviously one can't win all them "future GOATs picks"
But I did have a good feeling about "The Heavy Tank of Busan"... PRIDE hyped him well, his Greco-Roman background was another thing that made him endearing to me, and if the Giant Silva bout was an obvious freakshow, his wins over Soa Pelelei
(undefeated vs undefeated, Choi was 3-0 and "The Hulk" was 8-0, not bad)
and, in his second MMA fight ever, over Yoshihisha Yamamoto who had an insane record like... google time... dayum, when they fought he was 42-33-1?

An 86 fights veteran who had just smashed Mark Kerr just one fight ago (he lost to Cro Cop right after) in what was surely a colossal upset; using a never-seen before technique to KO the hulking Hammer House prodigy in 40 seconds

the Japanese pioneer was quicly emulated at UFC 43 only 4 months later, when the massive underdog (+500) Falaniko Vitale would use a reverse variant of the YoYa to KO Matt "The Law" Lindland (-350 favorite) in a HUGE upset!

3 years later, the desperate underdog Rob "The Saint" Emerson (last seen last year KOing Krazy Horse/Felony/Kid Khaos in are bare knuckle bout) would extensively study the "YoYa" in order to KO the future 2x UFC LW contender & gigantic favorite Gray "The Bully" Menard, which he totally did!
3 times is obviously not luck, but 3 times as huge underdogs against elite wrestlers? There are levels to this.
They learned from Jake the Snake how to KO people

Stare down in ring before the fight starts or weigh-in stare down? Makes a world of difference.

I am trying to think of the super intense intimidating ones... Wanderlei vs Rampage probably had some good ones.

But I'll never forget Crazy Horse, Kid Kaos. or Felony or whatever he goes by these days.
Time stamped for your sins aaaand this first fight last about 9.4 seconds and his celebration is quite the thing as well

I swear there was another one that I'm remembering...maybe with Shimada as the ref... my googling skills wane.

tumblr_pln795jYLk1uqgszq_400.gifv

maxresdefault.jpg

Back