Best TV series's of last generation, tell me I'm wrong

DeepFry

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
- Two and a Half Men: Charlie Sheen episodes. Gets written off as "laugh track bs" but no other series convincingly and entertainingly portrayed the life of California playboy, to influence generations (cause lawd knows that "ghetto thug" alter ego gets stupidly overplayed).

- Sopranos: just cause everyone loves it. I think they like insights into the "bully" mentality.

- Breaking Bad: drug culture, making chemistry glamorous.

- Better Call Saul: underdog using skill and education to struggle toward a better quality of life, whilst not neglecting those oft neglected.

The Breaking Bad universe is the Citizen Kane of the small screen. In terms of a prompt a prequel about Saul Goodman should have been doomed to fail. Yet Gilligan and friends made it arguably better than Breaking Bad(I don't quite agree with that but it's close enough to be a serious discussion).

It's really hard to judge comedy's by normal standards because they aren't taking themselves seriously. But Two and a Half Men was very good. Even in terms of it's awful years at the end they were better than the comparable periods of other shows. But I feel Two and a half men wouldn't be as successful today as all the shit that would be outrageous and edgy in Two and a half men would be semi normal today. Two and a Half Men relied a lot on shock value and a lot of the humor today just wouldn't be as shocking as in the early 2000s. I'm not sure if it's the best but I don't really spend time thinking of my favorite. Didn't those people work on Big Bang Theory after? If so that would kind of degrade any prestige from TAAHM.

One I want to bring up is Franklin and Bash which I consider to be the best law/crime show in a genre that is almost entirely garbage. One of my only positive law school experiences was being compared to Franklin so maybe I'm biased(it wasn't meant to be a compliment but context wise to me it was).

I can’t take this thread serious if you said Two and a Half Men. Everything else here is at least worthy of being included in such a discussion.

2 1/2 men was a really funny show for the first 5 seasons or so. I wouldn't say it's one of the best but I remember it being hilarious

You are wrong in including 2.5 men. It's just not on the same level. I don't mind including sitcoms but not just based on popularity, you need quality. Even community was better than 2.5, not to mention the office.

Breaking bad is a good pick. Sopranos i haven't watched but based on consensus it seems to be a good pick.

Better call saul i would exclude.

I would add:

Deadwood
Succession
Rome
Mad Men

Yea, I generally feel the same way. Anytime i tried to watch it and Chuck was involved I just turned it off.

It was so boring, I went through almost the full first season waiting for something to grab my attention. I had people recommending it non stop as an incredible show so I stuck with it.

Just so boring.

2.5 Men was absolutely terrible.

I’ve never watched The Sopranos, due to the types wearing the t-shirts.. same with Sons of Anarchy.

Breaking Bad was a good show. I don’t believe it was the be all end all of tv some make it out to be. It was a good show.

I haven’t watched Saul either.

2.5 Men was absolutely terrible.

I’ve never watched The Sopranos, due to the types wearing the t-shirts.. same with Sons of Anarchy.

Breaking Bad was a good show. I don’t believe it was the be all end all of tv some make it out to be. It was a good show.

I haven’t watched Saul either.

I agree 2 1/2 men was crap.

So I am not on the Breaking Bad band wagon. I am not a fan of Cranston. So that ruins the series for me. He will always be Malcoms Dad to me. The Wire is just too dam depressing. Who wants to go through that torture.
For Me:
Comedies: Cheers and Seinfeld
All others:
X-Files
Lost
Supernatural
GOT
Sherlock
Sopranos

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads