Best UFC debut ever?

Joe Lauzon finishing Jens Pulver in less than 1 minute.
InnocentBoldIndianringneckparakeet-small.gif

Don’t know about best, but Lando tricked me into thinking he’d be a top 5 contender in a couple of years.

Glad this made the Page 1.
Absolutely my favorite UFC debut, ever. Came in insanely overmatched, with 0 fucks to give and just didn't care... and almost pulled it off.

JDS/Werdum and it's not close

Fab was a top 5 HW behind Fedor, Nog, Josh and Andrei. He was arguably the UFCs best HW at the time considering the Arlovski fight was pretty close statistically but Werdum was flopping a lot. He was on the cusp of a title shot and got murked by the uppercut

JLau/Pulver deserves an HM

Even tho he lost I'd put Landos debut up there maybe top 5. That's the closest Tony has come to being finished in UFC, and Lando gave us arguably round of the year and one of the best FOTY

Dustin beating 14-1 Grispi who was #1 contender and supposed to fight Aldo for the title. It was both of their debuts post WEC merge

Also Reem destroying Bork in his debut too

Anderson Leben is it IMO. I remember going into that fight only the hardcores knew a lot about Anderson and Leben was coming of TUF and had some hype. No one was prepared for that striking and finish. It really surprised people.

Duffee 6 seconds KO
“That was an appetizer Dana! I wanna eat! So let me eat!”

dude looked like the next biggest thing in the heavyweight division. Crazy how his career has turned out.

“That was an appetizer Dana! I wanna eat! So let me eat!”

dude looked like the next biggest thing in the heavyweight division. Crazy how his career has turned out.
Yeah...KTFO by an over the hill bloated Frank Mir

<6>

Ryan Jimmo (RIP) - 7 second KO

Spike Carlyle's epic elbow TKO this year was sick

Dustin Poirier vs Josh Grispi was an awesome performance

John Moraga KO VS Ulysses Gomez was a great 1st rd finish

Rustam Khabilov vs Vinc Pichel = Suplex City

Joe Lauzon KO VS Jens Pulver was something nobody saw coming

Frankie Edgar vs Tyson Griffin was a great debut by both fighters

Back