Best Use Of BJJ In A Street Fight

It's some gentleman agreement that if a fight goes to the ground everyone should stand back up and start again. Obviously not everyone agrees.

This is only true when your guy is winning. When he is losing its not fair.

Apparently dude hitting on the wife thought street fights follow Marquis of Queensbury rules.

It's some gentleman agreement that if a fight goes to the ground everyone should stand back up and start again. Obviously not everyone agrees.

Only people who are like a fish out of water once the fight goes to the ground want that. There are many aspects and areas any given street fight can go, if someone is well trained at ground fighting, they are taking your ass down and putting you in the shadow realm, no different than a trained kick boxer would attempt to put you there with crisp strikes. Everyone in a fight is going to fight to their strengths to gain the upper hand, can't just remove the part they suck at in a street fight to help them win, at that point, just stay home and stop acting like Maximus, that life ain't for you.

When shit hits the fan in a street fight, the agreement is, and should always be, no weapons, and not to do anything potentially deadly to the person during the fight. Other than that, you do what you must, to give them safe passage to the shadow realm, and hope they awaken enlightened and a better person.

I've seen video's where someone loses a fight which they were originally winning, due to idiot bystanders standing them back up after it goes to the ground.

Only people who are like a fish out of water once the fight goes to the ground want that. There are many aspects and areas any given street fight can go, if someone is well trained at ground fighting, they are taking your ass down and putting you in the shadow realm, no different than a trained kick boxer would attempt to put you there with crisp strikes. Everyone in a fight is going to fight to their strengths to gain the upper hand, can't just remove the part they suck at in a street fight to help them win, at that point, just stay home and stop acting like Maximus, that life ain't for you.

When shit hits the fan in a street fight, the agreement is, and should always be, no weapons, and not to do anything potentially deadly to the person during the fight. Other than that, you do what you must, to give them safe passage to the shadow realm, and hope they awaken enlightened and a better person.
You're preaching to the converted. I've been doing BJJ for a number of years now so I'm quite comfortable on the ground and I've done years of boxing and MuayThai as well as MMA. I'll keep the fight standing as much as possible but if I go down I know what I'm doing just in case.

I've seen video's where someone loses a fight which they were originally winning, due to idiot bystanders standing them back up after it goes to the ground.
Yeah I've seen one's like that. It pisses me off. There was one I saw recently that was even worse because the kid was on top winning and a spectator runs in and soccer kicks him unconscious.

There's more to it than that.

Boxing is/was the most sociable accepted form of fighting for years and years. so thats what most people USED to consider a fair fight.

So when you are dealing with hoodrat idiots they think grapplng is cheap/unfair.

I'll never get the soccer kick on an unconscious person.

I like the vid in here of a fight on an outdoor basketball court. When people tried to pull that shit, the guy on top said he will beat the ass of whoever stands them up, so they rightfully let it continue on the ground lol

Yeah I've seen one's like that. It pisses me off. There was one I saw recently that was even worse because the kid was on top winning and a spectator runs in and soccer kicks him unconscious.

ugh...I remember that one.

A reminder of why most fights should be avoided. Even if you're confident in handling yourself, playing the odds that it remains one-on-one is not a great bet.

Every situation is different and most seem to start with one person suckering another. We can’t even get people on a fight forum to agree on pride or ufc rules, so to imagine someone who maybe has never been in a fight before to “agree” on anything is wishful thinking.
If some crackhead attacks a much smaller, elderly person he shouldn’t cry if a gun comes out. I’ll certainly have no sympathy.
If you’re talking about two people with beef squaring up on each other with cameras and friends all around, sure its a street fight but the element of surprise is gone, which can be a defining factor in a lot of these fights.

I'll never get the soccer kick on an unconscious person.

As soon as you bite someone, you are escalating the fight into dangerous territory.

If you are going to bite someone in a fight, you better make sure you win, otherwise you are in for a world of pain!

That man is lucky he only got a soccer kick.

Talk shit, hit on a dudes girl right in front of him, and dont know how to grapple, and you got that maggot mentality to bite during a fight..

Man, I got to say, he got off easy with KO and 1 soccer kick, that bite alone deserved hospitalization and months of physio if you ask me. You are getting Kimura'd into Nog vs Mir town while you are out if you fuckin bite me during an altercation, or an inside heel hook with full torque Paul Harris style until I physically feel ligaments going buh bye, which should take all of 2.8 seconds.

Maybe i'm just too harsh, or maybe that dude was just too nice, matter of perspective I guess, biting deserves months of daily reminders and constant re-evaluation of ones morals if you ask me..

I agree.

As soon as you bite someone, “Queensberry rules” are off the table.

As soon as you bite someone, you are escalating the fight into dangerous territory.

If you are going to bite someone in a fight, you better make sure you win, otherwise you are in for a world of pain!

That man is lucky he only got a soccer kick.
Fighting on the street is crazy and dumb period. I get that all logic goes out the window.

From a strictly legal standpoint, regardless of what transpired, kicking someone when they are unconscious will get you a murder charge really easily if they are unfortunate enough to die.

10/10 for thoroughness.
-1 for his friend yelling worldstar.

It's very rare a beatdown is "fully and completely expressed" as it was here. Even the rare times a fight doesnt get stopped, something always gets in the way of the violence being dealt in full.
Be it the lack of skills/confidence of the fighter, all the adrenaline and unfamiliarity of situation preventing clear thought, the opponent and friends fighting back or the fighters conscience telling them they have done enough.

It was really satisfying to see the full banquet here for once (compared to masvidal style 3pc & soda). It doesnt matter that he kept punching a skull with his knuckles. He dealt plenty of elbows and did not show pity. No resets.

'Let's reset! Let's reset'
First elbow lands
Starts praying to god in his head

No god.

And the slap at the end, priceless. Classic clip.

starts praying to god in his head... no god.

you angsty little fellas are something else

Back