Beterbiev vs Bivol June 1st in Saudi ESPN+

Who wins ?

• Total voters

Ok shit show … thank you Arum … the main event goes on regular espn and Hearn and Warren want to fuck people and charge for the 5 vs 5 …. Fuck

I knew this was the reason they haven't officially announced the card yet, very predictable.

yeah that does seem very likely right now.

i mean we're all going to be sitting on the edge of our seats, waiting for the right hand to land... but gun to my head zhang TKO's him in 8 rounds.
It won't last very long. Eight rounds is a lifetime. I'd be surprised if it went past 2 or 3 rounds. Wilder either catches him as soon as it starts or Zhang beats the fuck out of him.

It won't last very long. Eight rounds is a lifetime. I'd be surprised if it went past 2 or 3 rounds. Wilder either catches him as soon as it starts or Zhang beats the fuck out of him.
i mean wilder could end it early, but he can take a beating. i don't think zhang will finish him quick. it took fury a while to fuck him up, and parker had to keep wailing on him too.

i mean wilder could end it early, but he can take a beating. i don't think zhang will finish him quick. it took fury a while to fuck him up, and parker had to keep wailing on him too.
Zhang hits a hell of a lot harder than both of those guys. Especially with his straight left. I'd be shocked if it goes rounds. Wilder is also outweighed here massively. Even worse than Fury. Wilder has also been knocked out before, both guys are old, Zhang's cardio is really bad, and both aren't hard to find. All signs point to an early finish.

Wilder's got the stamina to go 12 rounds and still be extremely dangerous. if he can drag this fight out past the midway point, its very likely he flattens Zhang.
but he's in danger for the first 3-4 rounds.

unless Beterbiev ages overnight(which is possible), he isn't losing this one

Bivol doesnt have the pop to keep him off and needs to play it extremely careful, it could all come down to something like the ring size, but the Saudis love the fights with knockouts so i cant see them allowing this one to be fought in a giant ring

unless Beterbiev ages overnight(which is possible), he isn't losing this one

Bivol doesnt have the pop to keep him off and needs to play it extremely careful, it could all come down to something like the ring size, but the Saudis love the fights with knockouts so i cant see them allowing this one to be fought in a giant ring
i agree that bivol probably doesn't have the power, but are we really sure about that? has he fought anyone he couldn't keep at bay?

clearly it's not bivol's style to get dragged into a shootout even when the other guy wants it, but i struggle to think of anyone who came after him recklessly.

i mean it wouldn't shock me if he tagged beterbiev coming in, after all artur has been down before.

i agree that bivol probably doesn't have the power, but are we really sure about that? has he fought anyone he couldn't keep at bay?

clearly it's not bivol's style to get dragged into a shootout even when the other guy wants it, but i struggle to think of anyone who came after him recklessly.

i mean it wouldn't shock me if he tagged beterbiev coming in, after all artur has been down before.
Artur has been dropped by guys that don't hit that hard but he's also taken clean shots from several big punchers and absorbed them. When he has hit the canvas he respected his opponent, for about 2 seconds, before finishing them. Bivol has to try and make a dent early, and actually maintain his respect, or else it's only a matter of time.

People have been talking about Beterbiev being knocked down twice for about 6 years now. If you look at the 2 situations where he went down, the first against Jeff Page was a balance thing, his feet got tied up & imo it was not a legit knockdown. The second against Callum Johnson was legit, he got hit with a crushing left hook while he was also throwing a left hook. Callum Johnson is a known puncher with a great left hook and he released it with full power. I don't think thats an indication that Beterbiev's chin can be had.

As far as Bivol, the Callum Johnson (or Anthony Yarde) playbook is the only way you're gonna KO Beterbiev and that's simply not the way Bivol fights. Bivol hasn't had a knockout in 6 years not because fighters aren't coming at him, it's because his style does not lend itself to knockouts or even knockdowns. He's a cautious in and out fighter who doesn't sit on his punches, and he'll be even more cautious with Beterbiev than he's ever been with anyone before.

Last edited:
People have been talking about Beterbiev being knocked down twice for about 6 years now. If you look at the 2 situations where he went down, the first against Jeff Page was a balance thing, his feet got tied up & imo it was not a legit knockdown. The second against Callum Johnson was legit, he got hit with a crushing left hook while he was also throwing a left hook. Callum Johnson is a known puncher with a great left hook and he released it with full power. I don't think thats an indication that Beterbiev's chin can be had.

As far as Bivol, the Callum Johnson (or Anthony Yarde) playbook is the only way you're gonna KO Beterbiev and that's simply not the way Bivol fights. Bivol hasn't had a knockout in 6 years not because fighters aren't coming at him, it's because his style does not lend itself to knockouts or even knockdowns. He's a cautious in and out fighter who doesn't sit on his punches, and he'll be even more cautious with Beterbiev than he's ever been with anyone before.
right, i'm not saying i'm expecting bivol to knock him out at all.

my point was that he clearly has some power, because no one so far has actually just walked through his shots and walked him down. bivol puts people on the back foot all the time.

we're all just assuming that artur will eat his shots like tictacs and knock him out, but the more i think about it, the less convinced i am that bivol's shots can't keep him at bay.

yeah, i see what you mean, but i think the ring size plays a major part in this fight, Bivol has squeaked by a couple of fighters already, i think Biev will just end up hurting him, like he does to everyone he fights

very good fight though, cant wait for it and has echos of Jones-Toney for me

right, i'm not saying i'm expecting bivol to knock him out at all.

my point was that he clearly has some power, because no one so far has actually just walked through his shots and walked him down. bivol puts people on the back foot all the time.

we're all just assuming that artur will eat his shots like tictacs and knock him out, but the more i think about it, the less convinced i am that bivol's shots can't keep him at bay.
I’m gonna have to disagree, I think fighters are hesitant with Bivol because of the speed and the movement not the power, fighters are afraid of “looking bad” almost as much as they are of getting hurt. Remember Canelo was able to pin Bivol against the ropes several times. I don’t think Bivol’s power will deter Beterbiev at all.

I’m gonna have to disagree, I think fighters are hesitant with Bivol because of the speed and the movement not the power, fighters are afraid of “looking bad” almost as much as they are of getting hurt. Remember Canelo was able to pin Bivol against the ropes several times. I don’t think Bivol’s power will deter Beterbiev at all.
Yeah Bivol's power isn't going to bother Artur. Not one bit. His combination of hand & foot speed may frustrate him a little at first but once Artur starts breaking him down it will be manageable for him. There may be times where Bivol tries to temporarily overwhelm him in spurts (with quick scoring combos/flurries). That's when Artur will time that shit and punch between his shots.

Back