Better career: Chris Jericho vs Kurt Angle

jml4life

Boom
@Blue
Reaction score
cd022ee2-kurt-angle-says-he-was-the-original-choice-over-chris-jericho-for-the-wwe-undisputed-championship.png

These are always hard but I would lean Jericho if we're only looking at rasslin.

Jericho is an all time great on the mic, solid performer, and has stayed relevant via reinventing himself better than damn near anyone else in the business.

Jericho and its not even close, but Angle was probably the better performer, but he wasn't smart with it. Would Jericho agree to do the bullshit Angle did with Sharmell or some of the atrocious shit in TNA? I doubt it. Jericho was just smarter with his career.

Jericho had a much longer career on top and in prime so he had the better career.

But I think prime vs prime angle the better talent

Hard for me to answer cos I didnt pay attention to the later parts of kurt's career. I didnt really see Kurt in TNA or anything.

All I can say is I always liked Kurt,while Jericho,I was a big fan of him early on,and can respect his work in the WWE for the most part...the AEW stuff is pretty bad.

Look at Kurt's neck. Jericho never stood a chance.

Jericho has been going at a high level and is still at a high level for 30 straight years. Kurt had a great prime from 2000-2012 and even missed a lot of that time period from being so fucked up. Can't really argue against Jericho's longevity and still to this day capable of doing every aspect of the business at a high level.

Just this week alone Jericho at 52 years old just had a great match in front of 81,035 paid attendees at Wembley. Kurt Angle at 54 just did an interview and said he couldn't even wrestle if he wanted to and has to get a shoulder replacement surgery soon.

Kurt should've jumped on that DDP Yoga like Jericho did, maybe this conversation would be different.

Jericho for being able to just keep manipulating/evolving still through the years. Y2J debut, The List, all the AEW BS,anything in between and he's still relevant. I haven't been a fan for many years (outside of the KO feud), but sticking around the top for so long takes talent/luck, and as the saying goes "I'd rather be lucky than good".

Career - Jericho
Everything else (oddly enough) - Angle

Angle was a (ironically) the Rockstar who burnt bright then burnt out, Jericho is fading away.

I think prime Angle was a far better overall performer, but Jericho has had the better, much longer career. It's really not even close.
I think that's the ticket.

In Angle's prime, esp back in the Stone Cold days and Attitude Era, he was huge and a damn good performer. He also had the legit Olympic background.

But Chris, much more longevity, the reinventions, mic skills that are almost untouched, while being great in the ring really makes him stand out.

Back