Social Biden considers accepting Palestinian refugees

Please point me to some good books that came out after OCT 7, I will wait.
Why would I read a book post-Oct 7 to understand Israel's occupation decades ago or about other occupations? If you have a point, feel free to make it. All I see is flailing so far.

Why would I read a book post-Oct 7 to understand Israel's occupation decades ago or about other occupations? If you have a point, feel free to make it. All I see is flailing so far.
Yea nothing happened on that date you're right. I don't even see why America got involved in WW2 I don't care about history and correlating data. Take your troll gimmick elsewhere

Yea nothing happened on that date you're right. I don't even see why America got involved in WW2 I don't care about history and correlating data. Take your troll gimmick elsewhere
I'm trolling by pointing out that Israel's current military operation has gone way past the point of diminishing returns? If you want historical analogies, Israel is more looking at a Vietnam-esque backlash (not the military loss). They're going to exit this war with Hamas still the dominant player in Gaza, worse international standing, permanent damage to the relationship with its biggest sponsor (notice the Israeli handwringing about delayed weapon shipments), and most of its progress toward normalization with the Gulf States erased.

That's also ignoring that it has done its part to ensure that Hamas and extremist groups remain popular and that Gazans have all the more reason to hate Israel.

You seem to think I was opposed to military action after 10/7, when what I was opposed to was the scale and length of the operation, paired with wildly unrealistic war goals from Bibi.

So you are saying that NO interpreters etc etc were able to make it here during Trumps term?? And before you answer... think back when I posted about this over a month ago.

That isn't what I said.

I'm saying you're blaming Biden for a problem that was overwhelmingly GOP.

That isn't what I said.

I'm saying you're blaming Biden for a problem that was overwhelmingly GOP.
Wow.... Essentially all you told be was that you have never been in the military and never talked to anyone in the military about this whole ordeal.

I'm trolling by pointing out that Israel's current military operation has gone way past the point of diminishing returns? If you want historical analogies, Israel is more looking at a Vietnam-esque backlash (not the military loss). They're going to exit this war with Hamas still the dominant player in Gaza, worse international standing, permanent damage to the relationship with its biggest sponsor (notice the Israeli handwringing about delayed weapon shipments), and most of its progress toward normalization with the Gulf States erased.

That's also ignoring that it has done its part to ensure that Hamas and extremist groups remain popular and that Gazans have all the more reason to hate Israel.

You seem to think I was opposed to military action after 10/7, when what I was opposed to was the scale and length of the operation, paired with wildly unrealistic war goals from Bibi.

What evidence do you see of this actually happening though? Israel didn't exactly start out with a major fan club in the region so they don't really care about pissing off the neighbors since they have already been trying to wipe them off the Earth for their entire existence. Where is the backlash going to come from?

I do agree that what you suggest is likely what Iran expected to get from this attack but I don't think it is happening and in fact is very likely to massively backfire. From what I am seeing is Saudi, the largest power in the Middle East by far, wants nothing to do with Iran or their desire to continue this senseless Arab-Jew conflict that isolates the region from the rest of the world.

It looks like the most likely outcome of this war is going to be a strengthened alliance between the US, Saudi Arabia, and Israel that will massively change the political dynamics of the world in favor of those 3 countries while also essentially ending everything Iran/Hamas has hoped to achieve.

You could be right, only time will tell, but my guess is October 7th, 2023 will end up more equivocal to December 7, 1941 than August 2, 1964.

US president may allow permanent residency and resettlement benefits to those with American relatives

Joe Biden plans to allow some Palestinians fleeing the war in Gaza to enter the United States as refugees.

White House officials have in recent weeks been talking about options to resettle displaced Gazans with family members who are US citizens or permanent residents, according to government documents seen by CBS News.

The move would put the Biden administration at odds with his 2024 presidential rival Donald Trump, who has pledged to bar entry of all refugees from Gaza.

One of the proposals being considered involves using the decades-old United States Refugee Admissions Program to provide a lifeline for Palestinians with US relatives, who have managed to escape war-torn Gaza and enter neighbouring Egypt.

Officials have also discussed how to help additional qualifying Palestinians get out of Gaza and process them as refugees, the documents show.

American citizenship
Refugee status would be dependent on passing a series of eligibility, medical and security screenings.

It offers the beneficiaries permanent residency in the US, resettlement benefits such as housing assistance and, ultimately, a path to American citizenship.

The eligible population is expected to be relatively small and the plan would require coordination with Egypt, which has so far refused to take in large numbers of refugees from the latest Gaza conflict.

Palestinian officials claim Israel’s military campaign – in retaliation to the Hamas attack of Oct 7 – has killed more than 34,000 people in Gaza and displaced hundreds of thousands of residents.

Without addressing the specifics of any refugee plan, a White House spokesman told CBS News that the US “has helped more than 1,800 American citizens and their families leave Gaza, many of whom have come to the United States”.

They added: “At president Biden’s direction, we have also helped, and will continue to help, some particularly vulnerable individuals, such as children with serious health problems and children who were receiving treatment for cancer, get out of harm’s way and receive care at nearby hospitals in the region.”

What could possibly go wrong with allowing people come in from a country that is war torn that very likely holds a grudge against your country for helping Israel?

They say small number but they will give them benefits and help that are denied to American citizens.
Maybe should have just cut off the arms shipments a lot earlier, and then he wouldn't even have to be thinking about this option.

How about we just not fund their slaughter? If the U.S. wasn't funding Israel's war crimes there would be less refugees.

Nah let's fund the genocide AND bring the people getting genocided over here.

wHaT could Go WrOnG?

34808668-0.jpg

Dude, quit posturing about your "VAST" knowledge of history, like it means a fucking thing, or you're totally schooling anybody here. YOU believe it's a risky path, because some people you agree with said so. That's it. You don't have any inside scoop here, buddy.

At the end of the day, all of your supposed "knowledge" is just bleeding heart leftist nonsense, combined with name calling when people don't agree with you. You(and most leftists) approach every topic with the same hubris.

Your very big brain thinks the international community is gonna turn it's back on Israel for fucking Palestine(LOL) in some meaningful way. That's all I really need to know about you. You're not smart. You're just a typical leftist narcissist, who can't handle reality when it goes against said narcissism.

So he's a bleeding heart leftist and I'm a jew hating racist?

Everyone who disagrees is crazy, right?

They'll always exist for sure. Just not to the extent that they're actually in charge of a nation right beside them

Hamas has been in charge because of Israel policy. Netanyahu does not want the less radical Palestinian Authority to have any power. He does not want a united Palestine. He's on record saying this. He has propped Hamas up all these years.

The same applies to Gaza and Hamas that applied to Afghanistan. When you invade and occupy a country and bomb the shit out of them you get resistance and you radicalize the people there. Most of the people living there are children who know nothing other than Israel's oppressive occupation.

The UN would have checked Israel long ago had the U.S. not been literally defending everything they have done and blocked any attempt at stopping them

Last edited:
What evidence do you see of this actually happening though? Israel didn't exactly start out with a major fan club in the region so they don't really care about pissing off the neighbors since they have already been trying to wipe them off the Earth for their entire existence. Where is the backlash going to come from?
They had just normalized relations with several states in the region. There's only so much "we urge both parties to exercise restraint" messaging a country like Egypt can do before they have to actually do something more to save face and assure their citizens of some Pan-Arab sympathy.

Israel is already experiencing backlash for the US and other allies. Blocking weapon shipments is a very mild slap on the wrist, but in the decades of US support for Israel, that's unheard of and should not be ignored.
I do agree that what you suggest is likely what Iran expected to get from this attack but I don't think it is happening and in fact is very likely to massively backfire. From what I am seeing is Saudi, the largest power in the Middle East by far, wants nothing to do with Iran or their desire to continue this senseless Arab-Jew conflict that isolates the region from the rest of the world.
Well Saudi Arabia is a direct rival of Iran, which was what spurred a lot of their rapprochement with Israel. On the topic of Iran, it's not a good sign that Israel has wildly missed on its diplomatic tactics in recent months. They vastly miscalculated in not expecting Iran to attack (granted, most of us didn't either), and Hamas claiming they accept a ceasefire right as Israel is about to invade Rafah is also a huge misstep. A terrorist group should not be outmaneuvering a super power like this diplomatically, it points to effectively institutional inertia and autopilot in Israel.
You could be right, only time will tell, but my guess is October 7th, 2023 will end up more equivocal to December 7, 1941 than August 2, 1964.
I think if Israel has retaliated and limited its ground operations and wound them down in a few months, yes, Israel would be emerging the good guy in the tale. I'm not very optimistic on that happening at this point, particularly when Bibi is on borrowed time.

Hamas has been in charge because of Israel policy. Netanyahu does not want the less radical Palestinian Authority to have any power. He does not want a united Palestine. He's on record saying this. He has propped Hamas up all these years.

The same applies to Gaza and Hamas that applied to Afghanistan. When you invade and occupy a country and bomb the shit out of them you get resistance and you radicalize the people there. Most of the people living there are children who know nothing other than Israel's oppressive occupation.

The UN would have checked Israel long ago had the U.S. not been literally defending everything they have done and blocked any attempt at stopping them

Cool fan fiction, but if this is true why did Israel try to keep elections from happening? Then when they were coerced by international pressure to hold elections why did they try to keep Hamas off the ballot?

Also, why did they assassinate Hamas leadership prior to the election if it was their secret plan all along to divide and conquer Palestine by propping up Hamas?

Cool fan fiction, but if this is true why did Israel try to keep elections from happening? Then when they were coerced by international pressure to hold elections why did they try to keep Hamas off the ballot?

Also, why did they assassinate Hamas leadership prior to the election if it was their secret plan all along to divide and conquer Palestine by propping up Hamas?
Your bullshit has been addressed multiple times

Your bullshit has been addressed multiple times

So you don't have a good response to any of those questions and you want to keep spreading this literally bullshit fanfiction. Got it.

Do you think Palestinians bear any responsibility in prolonging and/or exacerbating this conflict? Is it purely Israeli machinations keeping things going for over 80 years?

Dividing and conquering means not only weakening other civil groups, but also Hamas, and keep the situation always precarious. There have also been policy nuances from administration to administration in Israel. Not sure what you're trying to argue here given Israel's strategy is well documented.

Dividing and conquering means not only weakening other civil groups, but also Hamas, and keep the situation always precarious. There have also been policy nuances from administration to administration in Israel. Not sure what you're trying to argue here given Israel's strategy is well documented.

Well basically, it's entirely bullshit fanfiction, and even if true, then what?

Well basically, it's entirely bullshit fanfiction, and even if true, then what?
From the man himself. The downside of this strategy (which is very common in occupations) is that it erodes civil society and retards democratization and other advances that require cohesion.

Or in very real terms: Someone needs to be in charge of Gaza after this war is over, and Israel's strategy has helped ensure that there is no one else to replace Hamas in Gaza.

So you don't have a good response to any of those questions and you want to keep spreading this literally bullshit fanfiction. Got it.

Do you think Palestinians bear any responsibility in prolonging and/or exacerbating this conflict? Is it purely Israeli machinations keeping things going for over 80 years?

"Fan fiction" = quotes from Netanyahu that have been provided to you over and over.

You're a complete embarrassment. You are more loyal to Israel than you are to your own country. Let's not forget all the child murder you supported. You are morally compromised and have zero credibility at this point.

From the man himself. The downside of this strategy (which is very common in occupations) is that it erodes civil society and retards democratization and other advances that require cohesion.

Or in very real terms: Someone needs to be in charge of Gaza after this war is over, and Israel's strategy has helped ensure that there is no one else to replace Hamas in Gaza.

You post me this shit like you think I'm unaware. lmao

After the second intifada, I do not blame a single Israeli living in Israel being against a two state solution. This is all policy and strategy from AFTER that event, but the common conspiracy is that Hamas was created by Israel and propped up intentionally.

The second intifada mind you, carried out by the "moderate" faction of Palestinians and not Hamas.

Should Israel not exist because they tried to play politics in a bad situation? The PLO was literally bombing them daily at the time. Where they wrong to look for other alternatives in Palestinian leadership to work with?

Back