Bigfoot Silva outclasses Fedor revisited

And even IF Bigfoot was on something, Cormier crumpled him the very next fight. Why couldn't Fedor do that?

Because Cormier was early in his career and a very smart fighter. Fedor was well into his "fight stupid" phase, just after his great strategy of "jump into Werdum's guard" worked so well.

He thought "brawl with a giant and ignore his punches" was a great idea at this point in time.

You realize that's kind of stupid, right?

If a football defender is able to shut down Messi, despite Messi being faster and better at handling the ball, he'd get credit for it, because those aspects about Messi make it more difficult and less likely for someone to stop him.

If Messi beat him the next game in the open field for a goal, do you think people would look at Messi being faster and having ball skills as a reason to cast more blame at that defender?
Except it's not comparable, your analogy.

Fedor had the the important advantages when it comes to Hw, speed and skill.

When Fedor beat giants like Choi everyone was on his nuts, even tho there was a high discrepancy in skill and speed.

When Fedor lost to bigfoot, its suddenly moot? Fedor was more skilled and faster. Bigfoot was more skilled than Choi but Bigfoot deserves credit for beating Fedor. Bigfoot won that fight more than Fedor lost.

So you're telling me a literal giant with a 50lb advantage, that was green-lighted for TRT, and was given a win by a doctor, is something that you think about at night?

Wrong forum.

This was before Bigfoot started producing milk from his teets from all the roids he was shooting up
He should go on onlyfans and sell it there. There's got to be a market for that today, no? Put it under the "don't try to define me" category??

Except it's not comparable, your analogy.

Fedor had the the important advantages when it comes to Hw, speed and skill.

When Fedor beat giants like Choi everyone was on his nuts, even tho there was a high discrepancy in skill and speed.

When Fedor lost to bigfoot, its suddenly moot? Fedor was more skilled and faster. Bigfoot was more skilled than Choi but Bigfoot deserves credit for beating Fedor. Bigfoot won that fight more than Fedor lost.

Since you didn't phrase it as "Fedor being smaller gave him important advantages" or anything like that, but instead decided to chime in with "So when Fedor beats bigger guys he gets all the credit but when he loses to bigger guys theres no fault?" my analogy fits PERFECTLY - with what you wrote.

If what you wrote in no way reflected what you wanted to say, that's kind of a problem with you, not me.

Fedor striking is always wild.

I mean DC and Stipe are pretty damn good. I'm not just gonna hand Fedor the GOAT title in my mind when those guys are out there.

DC only lost to Jones and Stipe and dominated Hendo, a guy who knocked Fedor into oblivion. I can only go by on what I saw in the cages.

All other talk is just nonesense and reaching by his fanboys and haters.

Here's how I see it: the size difference was too much for Fedor, his bad fight IQ had taken over by this point (he was in love with sloppy brawling here), and Bigfoot was enjoying all the benefits of TRT. Fedor was still physically in his prime here but his fight IQ was shit.

But Fedor did brawl throughout his career, he only didn't when he deeply respected select few opponents like Cro Cop and Big Nog, which is why I'm not delusional enough to believe he'd beat every HW ever.

For sure. Strikeforce paid big bucks for Fedor and having him be their HW champ would have added to their legitimacy. That whole Grand Prix was designed for Fedor to win it; and it probably wouldn't have even happened if Werdum hadn't have beaten Fedor.
Can you elaborate on what you mean? I understand what you mean about having Fedor as champ adding legitimacy, but you lost me after that.
  • The winner of the tournament didn’t win the championship. They just got a GP belt.
  • The actual champion—Ubereem— was in the tournament, but his title wasn’t on the line throughout.
  • I don’t see how the tournament was designed for Fedor to win it. Had he beaten Bigfoot, he’d have been scheduled to fight Ubereem. On the other side of the bracket were 2 guys he’d beaten previously in Arlovski and Rogers—but they didn’t win their fights anyhow. Fedor would’ve been dealing with Ubereem or Cormier as alternate, and either Kharitonov or Barnett. Not exactly a walk in the park.

tHu9pcv.gif

So you’re saying the victory was down to Bigfoot’s skills and not the fact that he outweighed Fedor by like 60lbs and was also juiced to the gills?

So? It was preusada era. Dc and cain destroyed this bigfoot but fedor couldn't and its a fact. I will say that for me last time we saw fedor fedor was back in 2006, somewhere before mark hunt fight

Can you elaborate on what you mean? I understand what you mean about having Fedor as champ adding legitimacy, but you lost me after that.
  • The winner of the tournament didn’t win the championship. They just got a GP belt.
  • The actual champion—Ubereem— was in the tournament, but his title wasn’t on the line throughout.
  • I don’t see how the tournament was designed for Fedor to win it. Had he beaten Bigfoot, he’d have been scheduled to fight Ubereem. On the other side of the bracket were 2 guys he’d beaten previously in Arlovski and Rogers—but they didn’t win their fights anyhow. Fedor would’ve been dealing with Ubereem or Cormier as alternate, and either Kharitonov or Barnett. Not exactly a walk in the park.

Now that I look back at it you are right here and I'm being a bit too critical. I remember being pissed that he fought Rogers and not Overeem in his Strikeforce debut though. Outside of the UFC Overeem vs Fedor was the fight to make back then. There was definitely some bullshit from both sides of their management that was holding up the Overeem Fedor fight from happening.

IIRC Overeem said that Fedor Declined to fight him twice, but Vadim was wanting Reem to do extensive drug tests as part of the stipulation. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but it kind of sucks that they never fought.

Now that I look back at it you are right here and I'm being a bit too critical. I remember being pissed that he fought Rogers and not Overeem in his Strikeforce debut though. Outside of the UFC Overeem vs Fedor was the fight to make back then. There was definitely some bullshit from both sides of their management that was holding up the Overeem Fedor fight from happening.

IIRC Overeem said that Fedor Declined to fight him twice, but Vadim was wanting Reem to do extensive drug tests as part of the stipulation. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but it kind of sucks that they never fought.
I definitely agree, I’d love to have seen that fight. I’d actually still like to see it lol. But yeah, there was definitely some management-type-jockeying going on. But I don’t subscribe to the idea that Fedor ducked him, as they were in the GP tournament, and even on the same side of the bracket.

I was actually trying to remember why the hell they did that tournament. Was there a reason? I don’t recall one. I enjoyed the tournament, but it was really weird booking.

I definitely agree, I’d love to have seen that fight. I’d actually still like to see it lol. But yeah, there was definitely some management-type-jockeying going on. But I don’t subscribe to the idea that Fedor ducked him, as they were in the GP tournament, and even on the same side of the bracket.

I was actually trying to remember why the hell they did that tournament. Was there a reason? I don’t recall one. I enjoyed the tournament, but it was really weird booking.

I think Vadim was bad for Fedor in the long run. He got him payed, but Fedor could have done better with different management imo. I think if he would have spent some time in the States at a premiere mma gym, and hired a dietitian and Strength and conditioning coach (like all of the other top fighters were doing at that time) he could have stayed on top for a while longer; because If you look at the fights he had in M-1 after Strikeforce folded you can see that he could still move well.

Since you didn't phrase it as "Fedor being smaller gave him important advantages" or anything like that, but instead decided to chime in with "So when Fedor beats bigger guys he gets all the credit but when he loses to bigger guys theres no fault?" my analogy fits PERFECTLY - with what you wrote.

If what you wrote in no way reflected what you wanted to say, that's kind of a problem with you, not me.
Except that is the logical follow through of that statement. This is well known in MMA, not my fault your peabrain couldn't make the connection.

Na. I'm good. I really don't care what OP says. If one doesn't know what "out-classed" means, then it's whatevs.

Well continue to be ignorant on the subject then... In short Bigfoot never had a TRT exemption until he fought Mark Hunt in the UFC two years after he fought Fedor in Strikeforce.

Back