Biggest disappointment of 2023?

Level design, enemy variety, combat all got stale quickly. I dumped hundreds of hours into Nioh and Nioh 2 and this game didn't have that magic

Agreed I didn’t like anything about it. Even the way it looked just bothered me. It was only the first level but it just completely turned me off to the game.

Agreed I didn’t like anything about it. Even the way it looked just bothered me. It was only the first level but it just completely turned me off to the game.
Yeah Wolong seems a bit meh. The combat looks like it could be fun but otherwise not very interesting.

How was Wo Long disappointing? They had like 3 different betas as they usually do. Team Ninja always sets expectations months before the game releases. If you guys are disappointed in it no offense but it's on you. This isn't like Starfield where they try to trick you into believing the game is completely different than the final product. Got to respect Team Ninja for giving multiple levels as a demo before the game is even out. Plenty of time to decide whether it's for you

All the games I legit played I enjoyed. I mean I tried others but never bought or put the time in them to give a legit assessment; so even though the games I played weren't perfect and I'd change things here and there I can't say they were a disappointment if I liked the vast majority about them.
To be fair I didn't buy much this year, too big of a backlog and I always try to get the most out of what I do play.

Diablo 4

I usually get hooked very easily to this type of game but this one never got me going. Didn't care about the loot, exploration, story, anything. I was actually kinda glad when it was over.

Starfield was bland as hell but I didn't have very high expectations for it in the first place.

Somewhat agree, 7 was a welcome return to horror. Now it’s going back to action
They actually backed off of 7 because there were complaints that it was too scary. Can you believe that nonsense? The sales should have told them the story as to how it was received. Not some stupid survey.

And as such, we are now back to kung fu'ing not zombies and talking to shopkeepers who somehow have a location in some old french castles. We've seen where this all goes.

Last edited:
bobby kotick, ceo of activision blizzard just stepped down.

even the developers have been shitting all over him on twitter ever since he walked out the door lol

I only bought 3 games in 2023 Baulders Gate 3, MW3, and Phantom Liberty.
One of those games was pretty disappointing. I'll let you guess which one it was.

How was Wo Long disappointing? They had like 3 different betas as they usually do. Team Ninja always sets expectations months before the game releases. If you guys are disappointed in it no offense but it's on you. This isn't like Starfield where they try to trick you into believing the game is completely different than the final product. Got to respect Team Ninja for giving multiple levels as a demo before the game is even out. Plenty of time to decide whether it's for you

Can't speak for the others but I didn't play the demo at all. I honestly almost never do. I just saw all the good things being said in the thread and I'm a souls fan and Team Ninja fan.

even the developers have been shitting all over him on twitter ever since he walked out the door lol

Deflection is happening here. Seasoned talent at Blizzard have all left over this past decade and the ones that remained were forced out from the sexual misconduct lawsuits. While having high employee turnover rate since they hire fresh out of college developers at a starting salary below the industry median.

Community manager at Blizzard that complained about Kotick cutting Overwatch 2 funds to combat bad Steam reviews is hilarious. Development was cut on the game mode used to justify the sequel. An the main reason it came to Steam was from the massive loss of revenue Blizzard had by losing their Chinese publisher.

Deflection is happening here. Seasoned talent at Blizzard have all left over this past decade and the ones that remained were forced out from the sexual misconduct lawsuits. While having high employee turnover rate since they hire fresh out of college developers at a starting salary below the industry median.

Community manager at Blizzard that complained about Kotick cutting Overwatch 2 funds to combat bad Steam reviews is hilarious. Development was cut on the game mode used to justify the sequel. An the main reason it came to Steam was from the massive loss of revenue Blizzard had by losing their Chinese publisher.

Yea I read some of the complaints and they were written by people who are clearly out of touch with reality. This guy complaining because his team will be "exposed to steam reviews" is hilarious.

g338iwi116w31.jpg

For me it was probably Diablo 4. I really wanted to like it but yeah, it wasn’t so great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back