LW: Frankie Edgar vs BJ Penn 1
FW: Volk vs Holloway 1
BW: TJ Dillashaw vs Renan Barao 1
FLW: Henry Cejudo vs Demetrious Johnson 2

W FW: Amanda Nunes vs Cris Cyborg
W BW: Holly Holm vs Ronda Rousey / Julianna Pena vs Amanda Nunes 1
W FLW: Alexa Grasso vs Valentina Shevchenko 1
SW: Joanna vs Rose 1

Do you agree ? If not then what is your list?

HW: Fabricio Werdum vs Fedor Emelianenko
LHW: Forest Griffin vs Shogun Rua
MW: Michael Bisping vs Luke Rockhold 2 / Adesanya vs Strickland
WW: Matt Serra vs GSP / Usman vs Edwards 2

I like the list for the higher weight classes. For MW I would have to say Silva vs Teh Chris.

Anderson just came off the 1 round destruction of Bonnar and was on a streak of 4 knockouts following the first Sonnen fight. Teh Chris was good, but not many people gave him a chance. And to win by KO? Not even Weidman's dad believed in his boy that much

LHW: Forrest Griffin vs Shogun Rua

Great list
I am not too sure about Volk Max 1 being the biggest upset. Volk didn't have a crazy resume back then but he did beat Jose Aldo and knocked out Chad Mendes and had a record of 20-1 at the time of the first Max fight. Max would of been a huge favorite being the champ with 3 title defenses and a more deep resume at that point but it didn't give me GSP Serra or Strickland Izzy vibes. Not too sure which fights would at FW though. Just my opinion

A lot of these aren't that big upsets, and certainly not "the biggest".

Forest vs Shogun was pretty even, Amanda vs Cyborg was pretty even, just off the top of my head

I like the list for the higher weight classes. For MW I would have to say Silva vs Teh Chris.

Anderson just came off the 1 round destruction of Bonnar and was on a streak of 4 knockouts following the first Sonnen fight. Teh Chris was good, but not many people gave him a chance. And to win by KO? Not even Weidman's dad believed in his boy that much
naw, old lion vs young lion type of deal, there were plenty that gave weidman a fighting chance. But I guess since the division was dominated by AS for so long, it does qualify as there are not many options.

dillashaw barao was shocking
adesanya strickland has got to be up there
jones shogun and HOW was pretty shocking
werdum cain was even more of an upset
aljo sugar was a big upset

Forest vs Shogun was pretty even, Amanda vs Cyborg was pretty even, just off the top of my head
Yeah I remember Amanda Nunes vs Cyborg being pretty even. Cyborg seemed invincible at the time but Amanda was on a pretty good streak herself. It was definitely shocking how Amanda defeated her so easily

Great list
I am not too sure about Volk Max 1 being the biggest upset. Volk didn't have a crazy resume back then but he did beat Jose Aldo and knocked out Chad Mendes and had a record of 20-1 at the time of the first Max fight. Max would of been a huge favorite being the champ with 3 title defenses and a more deep resume at that point but it didn't give me GSP Serra or Strickland Izzy vibes. Not too sure which fights would at FW though. Just my opinion
conor knocking out Aldo in 13 seconds has to be the biggest upset in FW history.

conor knocking out Aldo in 13 seconds has to be the biggest upset in FW history.

Conor was at even odds going into the fight.

Obviously the way he did it, wasn't predicted.

Most shocking and unpredictable outcome for sure. I believe Conor did have a lot of hype going into the fight.
But yeah Aldo was seemingly invincible and hadn't lost in a decade so it was still a pretty big upset

Wouldn’t an upset be something like Martins beating Islam?

Or Strickland beating Izzy?

LHW: Forrest Griffin vs Shogun Rua

Volk vs Holloway? That was probably close.

Amanda vs Cyborg was the Upset of the year. Same goes for Max vs Volk.

There might be a better pick for FW, but I doubt there is for W FW., especially considering what was on the line in that fight. That fight was a superfight.

Cyborg had not lost in like 13 years and according to Tapology that fight is the 27th biggest upset of all time. About 80% of Tapology users picked her to win.

HOW was shocking. But i believe Jones was the odds favorite going into the fight.
from what I recall, I think the odds were even, I had jones via gnp, but....

<{dayum}>

Volk vs Holloway? That was probably close.
Yeah, that's the one I'm unsure of, that and LHW.
Volk vs Max 1 won the upset of the year but yeah the odds were close. I just couldn't find anything better, out of title fights of course.
If you have a better suggestion, then I'll update the list.

Cyborg had not lost in like 13 years and according to Tapology that fight is the 27th biggest upset of all time. About 80% of Tapology users picked her to win.

Nunes were coming off of wins vs Shevschenko, Tate - and Rousey. And as much as people don't like it in retrospect, especially the Rousey win was BIG.

It was definitely big enough to make the odds of Cyborg-Nunes pretty even and not close to a huge upset.

Yeah I remember Amanda Nunes vs Cyborg being pretty even. Cyborg seemed invincible at the time but Amanda was on a pretty good streak herself. It was definitely shocking how Amanda defeated her so easily

I remember Nunes being a nice sized underdog because I bet on her and won. Had her at around 3x the money I believe.

The KO itself was shocking but many of us had Weidman going in. Silva was 38 and wasn't looking as unbeatable.

Back