Social Bill Maher rags on Disney

He's right that pedophiles will find their way into professions that give them access to kids.

He's wrong in saying that when someone yells "pedophiles" at their political enemies it should be recieved with blanket acceptance rather than a request for evidence.

I think if Ron Desantis said "Disney knowingly hired this specific convicted child molester to work directly with kids" (I don't know if that's exactly what happpened but hypothetically) it would have been recieved VERY differently than saying "Oh those guys I don't like are a bunch of kid touchers". For my part I never heard Desantis make the statement in the first place, so I'm not all that firm on the specifics or the critique.

There is literally a clip of him talking about how he sees it as a fine that a 14 year old impregnated a 35 year old and that she shouldn't be in jail because they "love" each other.

If you read the actual thread, you'd see that I also said I had no problems with him dating young WOMEN. The problem is when you start talking about minors.
Oh, so you're not upset about how anything he has said regarding young women, it's that he once voiced a belief there is a difference between boys and girls, and whether or not they're being victimized in sexual relationships with an age imbalance. I wasn't aware of that, and I don't agree with him on that matter, but here is what he said about it:
"I think it’s a little offbeat, but you know, I believe in the double standard. If a 28-year-old male teacher is screwing a 13-year-old girl, that’s a crime. But with Debra Lafave [another teacher who had a sexual relationship with her student] screwing her 14-year-old boy student, the crime is that we didn’t get it on videotape. Was he being taken advantage of? I wish I had been taken advantage of like that. What a memory she gave him. I would think he’s a champion among his friends. Are you kidding? Even with Michael Jackson."
And he also asked, "How can a woman rape a man?" Which is a common argument however one feels about it. What he said doesn't stray too far from what many feel about the double standard. SNL even made a skit about it, and it has 306K likes.

The concerns with Disney following the Netflix documentary focus on pederasty and male-perpetrated pedophilia: male execs preying on young girls and boys.

There is literally a clip of him talking about how he sees it as a fine that a 14 year old impregnated a 35 year old and that she shouldn't be in jail because they "love" each other.
Sounds like he's just got the same double standards that a lot of people have. If it was a 14 year old girl impregnated by a 35 year old man, he'd be singing a different tune. Not saying it's right, but it's not a unique position to have. Like @Madmick just posted, it's such a common stance that they can make comedy sketches about it, and nobody bats an eye.

Had no idea Disney hired some registered sex offender from Nickloden. I don't even understand why they would do that. Is he that talented or does he just have the right pedo friends in the right places?

Sounds like he's just got the same double standards that a lot of people have. If it was a 14 year old girl impregnated by a 35 year old man, he'd be singing a different tune. Not saying it's right, but it's not a unique position to have. Like @Madmick just posted, it's such a common stance that they can make comedy sketches about it, and nobody bats an eye.

Yep - definitely a double standard. Not claiming he is a criminal or anything like that at all, no matter how you think about what he does in his own personal life. He didn't ever do anything illegal. Just think that maybe folks who hold those type of double standards shouldn't be so outwardly preachy.

Oh, so you're not upset about how anything he has said regarding young women, it's that he once voiced a belief there is a difference between boys and girls, and whether or not they're being victimized in sexual relationships with an age imbalance. I wasn't aware of that, and I don't agree with him on that matter, but here is what he said about it:

And he also asked, "How can a woman rape a man?" Which is a common argument however one feels about it. What he said doesn't stray too far from what many feel about the double standard. SNL even made a skit about it, and it has 306K likes.

The concerns with Disney following the Netflix documentary focus on pederasty and male-perpetrated pedophilia: male execs preying on young girls and boys.

Never saw that before, not bad!

Yes, just pointing out the double standard of what he's said in the past. That was all. I don't think Maher is a criminal or anything like that and I actually agreed with what he said in the video.

Maher has to regret that statement.... From the 90's. Like 27 years ago... Think he still feels that same about it?

He gets beat with it by the right when he says something they don't like.

Then he gets beat with it by the left when he says something they don't like.

The guy has been talking for a living non-stop for decades, but critics (either side) always comes back to ONE interview almost three decades ago in an attempt to discredit him. If they pound that bell hard enough, they can then ignore any claim or statement he's trying to make.

It was an awful and inappropriate take. The fact he's still around and not canceled from that interview is a testament to his career.

If a dude is fairly regularly pissing off both sides of the political aisle, you have to admire the consistency and not pandering to one group or another. He's means what he says without toeing an agenda.

Maher has to regret that statement.... From the 90's. Like 27 years ago... Think he still feels that same about it?

The guy has been talking for a living non-stop for decades, but critics (either side) always comes back to ONE interview almost three decades ago in an attempt to discredit him. If they pound that bell hard enough, they can then ignore any claim or statement he's trying to make.

It was an awful and inappropriate take. The fact he's still around and not canceled from that interview is a testament to his career.

If a dude is fairly regularly pissing off both sides of the political aisle, you have to admire the consistency and not pandering to one group or another. He's means what he says without toeing an agenda.
It would be interesting to hear his take on it now, if that has evolved, particularly over the past 15 years with so many women teachers getting national attention for the same crime, but I doubt he has changed his opinion on it. A disproportionate number of those female teachers were quite attractive, too. This became a running joke on Sherdog for a while.

Meanwhile, every male teacher I've ever seen who has done the same in reverse could set up camp under a bridge. Fucking disgusting goblins, every one of them.

To be fair, when its your job to give your opinion on serious topics, messing up like that is quite a big deal like you said. It should be noted every time he makes comments on this topic.

And he didn't say something I don't like (not sure if you are referring to me) - I actually agree with what he said regarding disney. I just thought the double standard is worth noting given the topic aligns directly with that previous statement.

To be fair, when its your job to give your opinion on serious topics, messing up like that is quite a big deal like you said. It should be noted every time he makes comments on this topic.

And he didn't say something I don't like (not sure if you are referring to me) - I actually agree with what he said regarding disney. I just thought the double standard is worth noting given the topic aligns directly with that previous statement.

And yet... You're response was the bring up his statement from the 90's in one of your first posts.

Isn't Maher known for liking young girls and thinking that its ok to date extremely young?

I remember seeing a clip of him from his show talking about it in like the 90s but can't find it anymore.. the guy seems like a real weirdo. I don't disagree with him here at all, but he probably shouldn't be the one preaching to us.

Now... I do get it. He was defending (and trying to be funny) about a relationship between a 14 year old male and an adult female almost thirty years ago. The stigma back then with teen males/adult females wasn't what it is now... I mean fuck... I still remember this movie fondly

b2ee0e481eb2d43a54bbf388973cc92e30fdb6e5.gif

Every teen boy fantasized to this scene back then...

However, the adult female in that story needed to go to prison... especially an adult that was put into a position of trust. It's a gross violation of ethics alone.

But he's talking about how Hollywood elites were busted with kids in the single digits... and the sexually compromising positions that girls were put in on camera. Not really the same thing.

Maher really should address that statement from 90's sometimes and put it to bed as a terrible attempt at comedy. Or whatever... It always comes up.

Had no idea Disney hired some registered sex offender from Nickloden. I don't even understand why they would do that. Is he that talented or does he just have the right pedo friends in the right places?

Yes

And yet... You're response was the bring up his statement from the 90's in one of your first posts.

I literally said I thought it was worth mentioning LOL - of course I brought it up. It gives context to the video in the OP. The topic was Maher and his opinion, not just on Disney.

Maher really should address that statement from 90's sometimes and put it to bed as a terrible attempt at comedy. Or whatever... It always comes up.

Agree with you here! I don't think it was comedy. He turned it into comedy when he was called out on it. And, of course, people's opinions can always change. Maybe it has.

@kflo

Haha... There it is

Like a pavlovian dog drooling all over himself after hearing the bell
You have to agree with EVERYTHING they think or do, or you are somehow a grifter, or some turncoat to the "cause". How sad to live like that.

Be like me! Be like me! Be like me!!!!

Ok so apparently Nickelodeon had a producer that went to jail and is a registered sex offender against children and Disney hired him to produce a children's TV show. I didn't know about it til just now.

Did someone say pedo party????

giphy.gif

A lot of people didn't believe he did it. Apparently the victim had his brother and mom on one side of the court room and a full house on the other side, complete with actors and big name people. Those same people wrote letters to the judge to help get his sentence reduced and many of them shamed the boy who was molested by them by saying that the pedo wouldn't have done it if the boy hadn't influenced him jailbait style to do it.

I'm sure most of the people 100% thought he was innocent but it's pretty sick stuff to read back on. Some of them have recanted their statements since then.

Now whether Disney believed it or not, you cannot under any circumstances have a convicted sex offender working on a set with children.

A lot of people didn't believe he did it. Apparently the victim had his brother and mom on one side of the court room and a full house on the other side, complete with actors and big name people. Those same people wrote letters to the judge to help get his sentence reduced and many of them shamed the boy who was molested by them by saying that the pedo wouldn't have done it if the boy hadn't influenced him jailbait style to do it.

I'm sure most of the people 100% thought he was innocent but it's pretty sick stuff to read back on. Some of them have recanted their statements since then.

Now whether Disney believed it or not, you cannot under any circumstances have a convicted sex offender working on a set with children.

Sounds similar to what Ashton Kutcher was doing.

I have Sherdog to thank for informing me Dennis Blundon is a pedo.

Back