Binge Model vs Weekly Episodes

Bingeing is the best way to live your life. If you want to build suspense, then voluntarily wait.

I prefer all at once. Not necessarily to binge but to have the freedom of watching a show at my own chosen pace. If I want to binge I can, if I want to watch an episode a night I can. I think I’m in the minority on this and that’s fine, I just prefer the Netflix model.

I am curious whether you prefer the Netflix binge model (all episodes at once) vs. the traditional weekly episode format.

When Netflix started dropping entire series at once, I really liked it

Now... a lot of the shows that I really like (Severance, Peacemaker, Slow Horses, Tokyo Vice, Better Call Saul, Barry) are all weekly drops (albeit with 2-3 episodes to start off). The time between episodes is cool to build some suspense and allow some time to talk about it with friends.

On the other hand, I would 100% binge any of the above series in a week if I could.

What is your preference?
I prefer the traditional weekly format, but wait years until I watch. That way I can binge watch the series.

I rather binge watch and rather than wait a week or sometimes two weeks to watch the next episode

They are the same for me because I wait until the end of the season to watch them at my own pace. I usually watch 1-2 episode a day so I don't binge a whole season in one weekend anyways but I detest the feeling of being forced to wait.

I like to watch one a week then talk to people and come up with theories.

Some of my friends refuse to watch any until the whole series is out so they can binge though.

Binge.
That way, you get full seasons of shows, unlike sometimes in the past, where they would sometimes cancel shows mid-season, and your left with blue balls..

Weekly. Hate the binge model, ruins suspense and you screw up your entire mindset where you're just searching for new shit to binge rather than spending your time wisely and just watching something that's good and worth your time. I've seen this model screw up the sleep schedules of people as well, stay up to all hours of the morning because you want to watch the next episode and the next after that and so on.
I can't imagine binging something like Breaking Bad and screwing up all that anticipation built for the next episode just because you want to get your t.v. nut off as soon as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back