News Bisping on Conor's inactivity "excuse" : GSP came off the sofa and choked me out. Better man won.

Ping Ping workin dat string theory....

Not to mention Dominick Cruz beating Mizugaki after a year plus lay off. If anything I would think the lack of brain trauma and rest would help Conor.

Sherdog.com's play by play had Silva winning too. Im shocked people act like that was some clear win for Ping. The man got KO'd and was allowed to continue lol

Except Bisping was never KO'd. Why do people keep saying this. He was rocked yes but not out. Now had Silva tried to follow up and had more time on the clock he likely could have finished it, instead he walked off like an idiot.

Ring rust has existed as common knowledge among the elite boxers/fighters for decades but let’s believe this mediocre Brit MMA fighter.

There's a guy called Floyd Mayweather who disagrees.

100% truth, Conors trying to find excuses as to why he got knocked out but its pretty clear he didnt have the right gameplan or training for Dustin. Wouldn’t surprise me if he screwed around in training to hes more distracted these days

Conor should find some new coaches imo, an actual real mma coach would be helpful no idea why he keeps a Kavanagh around dudes a jujitsu guy not a real mma coach
What you say is true to an extent. Conor was in camp for 5 months prior to the fight, and coach Kav even admitted he hadn't seen him in better physical shape ever prior to UFC 257.
It wasn't his conditioning that failed him. He overlooked Dustin's own capabilities and thought he'd sleep him in the first round. When Dustin started eating his shots and returning fire, Conor folded up like a lawn chair.

Ring rust has existed as common knowledge among the elite boxers/fighters for decades but let’s believe this mediocre Brit MMA fighter.
/fullshertard

No sane human being is calling someone with his resume mediocre. But maybe that's not the issue here. Maybe you just don't like Brits. Maybe you're just a racist prick.

Bisping got lucky with his win over Rockhold. He knew it and plenty of fans knew it too. Why do you think he ducked like half the division when he became champion? 45 year old 13 ranked Dan Henderson beat the shit out of him and Kelvin cleaned his clocks like nothing.

Dustin has been fighting at the top of 155 for years now. The equivalent would be GSP coming out of retirement to fight Yoel or Whittaker which is something GSP would have never done

That's not the equivalent at all since Dustin is in Conor's most natural weight class, not a step above. The equivalent to that would obviously have been GSP coming back and fighting a top 10 WW again (one that he's already beaten if we're to really make it similar).

Not fair to compare the GOAT to someone like Conor.

Actually being I'm a Boxing Trainer and the cousin of Karim Mayfield.. boxers do not compete often at the elite levels, many taking a yr or even two in-between fights. Jiu-Jitsu and Judo competitors are similar in that many may only do one or two grappling events a year.

GSP and Cruz both came off long layoffs that included injuries/surgery and won a title

It just proves Conor was never close to real GOATs

while he won GSP didn't exactly look like he did in his prime. He was just that much better than Bisping to start with, if he had moved up and fought Bisping before the long lay off he would have probably been more dominate.

Bisping on his best day was not half the fighter Dustin is so its not comparable at all. And GSPs long period of inactivity made that fight messier and more competitive than it should have been.

As for Conor/Dustin, I think prime for prime Conor was better, but we are talking 4+ years of diva bullshit since Conors prime, while Dustin has stayed active, kept his skills sharp and improved significantly since they last met. In 2021 he is the better man, and I dont think Conor can get back to what he was anymore.

I think you're just struggling to follow along. I elaborated on what I meant by can champ by saying he was technically the champ but never the best. You said that was stupid which means you think he was the best. If you're saying you don't think he was the best then you agree with me.
Drop the ad hominem, brah, ya suck at it.
English must be second language for ya.
I can just now tolerate Bisping, never liked the dude, but "not being the best" doesn't make someone a can champ, ffs.
And, he, imo, was better champ than CM...ergo, my reference to title defense matches. At least Bisping had the balls enough...Conor didn't.

Just accept you were talking stale chit and move along.

Conor has always been rediculously overated by casuals. He put together a good string of picked wins... But homeboys life has completely changed from the time when there was any magic in his hat.

Cowboy sadly folds like a lawn chair.

I don’t think GSP knows what the couch is... he still was training very hard in all disciplines with Freddie roach in boxing and the Donaher Death Squad at Renzo gracies.

Also, GSP was living arguably a healthier lifestyle(reduced stress) than when he was defending the ww championship.

But, let’s not forget that GSP was slowing significantly in the Bisping fight before he dropped him and choked him out.

Conor bought into his own hype. He wasn’t living a GSP lifestyle when he was taking time off. He was living that BJ Penn lifestyle.

As a Conor Fan, he has no one to blame but himself. If he wants to compete, and that’s a big if, he needs to remove all the yes men and go train at Tristar and dedicate himself to mma. Then and maybe then he might be able to reach the top 5 in LW again.

/fullshertard

No sane human being is calling someone with his resume mediocre. But maybe that's not the issue here. Maybe you just don't like Brits. Maybe you're just a racist prick.
Yea...Being the UFC MW champion is not a mediocre fighter by any means. That guy you quoted is a moron.

Back