PlayStation Bloodborne Megathread, v.4

Tempted to give this one more try as its on the PS Plus collection. Would really like to break into the From Soft universe

Not in mine. Cant have tourists while im figuring things out.
As for where to go, it’s pretty much explore and find out, no follow this X to next objective here.

I am just beginning, but this is just about the worst characteristic in a game for me. I hate not knowing where to go or what to do.. Couple that with doing shit over and over?

Im not there yet, but Ive got nothing else to do since I cant leave my place.

2 Quick beginner questions:

Should I use...what is it, Madmans insight immediately when I find them? Theyre what increase Insight.
When should I kill the pig in the sewer? Im lvl 18, (I started at 10?)

2 Quick beginner questions:

Should I use...what is it, Madmans insight immediately when I find them? Theyre what increase Insight.
When should I kill the pig in the sewer? Im lvl 18, (I started at 10?)
There are two numbers in the top right hand corner of the screen. What does the bottom number say?

Why the fuck is there no pause button!?

that was the only thing that drove me nuts.

shortly after i started playing this, upon getting to the first boss, there was knocking on my door (mailman). ~30 minutes later, upon getting to the boss again... more knocking. i raged downstairs to the door and it was...

jehovah's witnesses. (or maybe they were mormons? don't remember) the one and only time they ever came to my door in philly.

shortly after i started playing this, upon getting to the first boss, there was knocking on my door (mailman). ~30 minutes later, upon getting to the boss again... more knocking. i raged downstairs to the door and it was...

jehovah's witnesses. (or maybe they were mormons? don't remember) the one and only time they ever came to my door in philly.
They deliberately omitted a pause button?

Then no, don't use any more (yet). That's your number of "soft" insight. Madmans knowledge are considered "hard" insight and they become soft when you pop them but you only need one soft insight to awaken the doll so that you can level up.

You can also trade your soft insight at the bath messenger right outside the Hunter's Dream on the top level. There won't be too many items available for sale right now but more will be added after you defeat each boss.

edit - and yes, fist that pig till it squeals like Ned Beatty.

Last edited:
All those dark souls games are boring repetitive tedious dogshit with no storyline.

Does your heart rate have a pause button? Neither does Bloodborne.

Then no, don't use any more (yet). That's your number of "soft" insight. Madmans knowledge are considered "hard" insight and they become soft when you pop them but you only need one soft insight to awaken the doll so that you can level up.

You can also trade your soft insight at the bath messenger right outside the Hunter's Dream on the top level. There won't be too many items available for sale right now but more will be added after you defeat each boss.
So just collect the madmans knowledge for now?

Its the ideology of of completion in a game. Tis not fun to do shit Ive already done.
I hate that too. That's why I tend to get annoyed when games don't have quick saves, or well placed check points.

I grew up in Atari/NES days, so that shit was ubiquitous.

With SoulsBorne/Souls-like games, I hated them initially too. I hate Rogue/Rogue-like games, so anytime I see that tag (or early access) I'm out. It was the same for "Souls-like", but now I'm like a crack addict for them.

You have to give Souls games some time. Once the mechanics click with you, you'll understand its addictive allure.

Obnoxious cunts will mock new players telling them to "git gud". They're not wrong lol, but it just comes across as an elitist slight. Take your time and learn enemy movement while getting used to your dodge. You can Stagger/parry with the gun (all it's really good for) but learn the dodge timing first. You have invincibility frames in there.

The beauty of this game is that there is one difficulty setting and every enemy can fuck you up, even at your strongest (if you get sloppy). Enemies aren't going to scale up with you either, so it's more about your skill, which will improve as you play.

Eventually you'll only die because you either panicked, got sloppy, or haven't studied the movement of a new enemy. It will feel fair. They will throw the occasional cheap death in, like some hidden enemy pushing you off cliff, but that's there to keep you on your toes

The difficulty is something you'll come to appreciate . Be warned, it will ruin most other action RPG's and their shitty (as you're learn) level gating and enemy scaling. Rather than make enemies a challenge, most games make them one shot cheapskates with massive hit point pools that you can't properly fight until you level up some skill or weapon. * cough * God War * cough * :D

There's a also a great story in there. You'll get it from item descriptions, and more importantly from looking at the environment. The latter tells you everything you need to know largely.

When you're done the game, start watching lore videos, it's quite the lovecraftian rabbit hole, then do it again and soak it all in properly. I rarely play games twice, certainly not in a row, but these games are better the second go around. You get to keep your shit, while they up the difficulty.

Got to the Cleric Beast. Now that I first saw him, I HAVE to go after him to get my echoes. And he pushes me into the corner.

cheap

So just collect the madmans knowledge for now?
Yes, that's what I would do. You can safely pop them without fear of losing them when you die, like what happens with blood echoes, but you're better off just saving them.

TS for your first playthrough I'd forget about using the gun. It's only useful for parrying and you don't really need to parry anything in this game. Using it as a ranged weapon to do damage isn't gonna help you much.

I'd just suggest you be patient and take it slow when it comes to combat. Always try to bait enemies into attacking first, then dodge and counter. For groups, lure enemies out one by one whenever possible so you don't get overwhelmed.

Bloodborne was also my first FromSoft game so I know exactly what you're going through now. It's frustrating at first but you just need to put the time in to learn the game, once it clicks you'll have some fun cutting through mobs like they're nothing.

I hate that too. That's why I tend to get annoyed when games don't have quick saves, or well placed check points.

I grew up in Atari/NES days, so that shit was ubiquitous.

With SoulsBorne/Souls-like games, I hated them initially too. I hate Rogue/Rogue-like games, so anytime I see that tag (or early access) I'm out. It was the same for "Souls-like", but now I'm like a crack addict for them.

You have to give Souls games some time. Once the mechanics click with you, you'll understand its addictive allure.

Obnoxious cunts will mock new players telling them to "git gud". They're not wrong lol, but it just comes across as an elitist slight. Take your time and learn enemy movement while getting used to your dodge. You can Stagger/parry with the gun (all it's really good for) but learn the dodge timing first. You have invincibility frames in there.

The beauty of this game is that there is one difficulty setting and every enemy can fuck you up, even at your strongest (if you get sloppy). Enemies aren't going to scale up with you either, so it's more about your skill, which will improve as you play.

Eventually you'll only die because you either panicked, got sloppy, or haven't studied the movement of a new enemy. It will feel fair. They will throw the occasional cheap death in, like some hidden enemy pushing you off cliff, but that's there to keep you on your toes

The difficulty is something you'll come to appreciate . Be warned, it will ruin most other action RPG's and their shitty (as you're learn) level gating and enemy scaling. Rather than make enemies a challenge, most games make them one shot cheapskates with massive hit point pools that you can't properly fight until you level up some skill or weapon. * cough * God War * cough * :D

There's a also a great story in there. You'll get it from item descriptions, and more importantly from looking at the environment. The latter tells you everything you need to know largely.

When you're done the game, start watching lore videos, it's quite the lovecraftian rabbit hole, then do it again and soak it all in properly. I rarely play games twice, certainly not in a row, but these games are better the second go around. You get to keep your shit, while they up the difficulty.
The git gud stuff is just a meme. Nobody really cares. Everyone goes through the same process when they first start playing these games so the jokes are just playful ribbing because we all remember what it was like.

TS for your first playthrough I'd forget about using the gun. It's only useful for parrying and you don't really need to parry anything in this game. Using it as a ranged weapon to do damage isn't gonna help you much.

I'd just suggest you be patient and take it slow when it comes to combat. Always try to bait enemies into attacking first, then dodge and counter. For groups, lure enemies out one by one whenever possible so you don't get overwhelmed.

Bloodborne was also my first FromSoft game so I know exactly what you're going through now. It's frustrating at first but you just need to put the time in to learn the game, once it clicks you'll have some fun cutting through mobs like they're nothing.
Yeah after looking at a Youtube vid on the cleric beast, I see the player doesnt use the gun whatsoever and that he dodges to the sides, not back. Normally I wouldnt watch a YT vid this soon, but the game has my echoes under hostage and thats unacceptable.

I come from a God of War lover, so I am used to hack n slash, but Ive played other games where you have to parry. I can be patient in between screaming. (all of you would laugh, half my jaw is unmovable so I am sound like a pissed off Sloth while looking like Shrek)

I have found a shit load of items, including a Saw Spear. Should I upgrade this or the Hunter axe?

Yeah after looking at a Youtube vid on the cleric beast, I see the player doesnt use the gun whatsoever and that he dodges to the sides, not back. Normally I wouldnt watch a YT vid this soon, but the game has my echoes under hostage and thats unacceptable.

I come from a God of War lover, so I am used to hack n slash, but Ive played other games where you have to parry. I can be patient in between screaming. (all of you would laugh, half my jaw is unmovable so I am sound like a pissed off Sloth while looking like Shrek)

I have found a shit load of items, including a Saw Spear. Should I upgrade this or the Hunter axe?

The worst enemy in these games, is impatience. Never go ham, thinking you can get some extra shots in. That will be your downfall 9 out of 10 times. Get in and get out, get a nice rhythm going, and just whittle them down slowly and steadily.

Not being able to pause is a feature to add extra challenge. I remember trying to rock my crying new born son to sleep while fighting the amygdala.

Back