PlayStation Bloodborne Megathread, v.4

Downloaded to my PS5 and despite this being at least my 3rd go and only expecting failure...I'm actually sort of enjoying it. I still find things maddening like the lack of options or tutorials. Im wasting items trying to figure out the buttons. The combat is ok. I can see the hook but it still feels less than ideal given the difficulty. I just need to take my time, remember to breathe, and I might just actually get somewhere in this game.

I recently finished this game for the first time, it's an amazingly well crafted experience.

I'm a big enough man to admit that I found it scary as hell in some spots.

Those ghosts in Cainhurst castle that scream at you? Fuck those things.
Dude, you need to check out the chalice dungeons. I've done them several times and they still creep me tf out.

Update.

So i rage quit last night on martyr logarius. Ill try again today.

I also was trying him out the same time i was trying to kill the undead giant in the final ritual headstone...the dungeon. He was ridiculous. So i went exploring and found some bitch hunter in the grand cathedral, whom keeps fucking me up. It was at this point where i couldnt kill this hunter, couldnt kill this dungeon giant, and couldnt kill this logarius. Went to youtube for suggestions and i managed to get past the giant, see a cheesy way to kill the hunter, but logarius is just gonna have to get better.

Thank god for this non commentary walk through. I only watch it when im stumped on where to go. Other than that, i duke shit out on my own. However, i just cannot stand "where the fuck do i go; what the fuck do i do" games, and this is coming from a player that looks around a LOT. In short, if it wasnt for these knowledge nudges, i wouldve quit sometime around father mas...or whatever the fuck his name was in the beginning.

Now the next battle is logarius. Every vid i saw shows someone doing what i do, just better. I hate that admission but its true. I forget what level im at, but it costs around ~50k to level up.

That means i gotta try different shit. I am using the ludwig sword or totarus or whatever its called. Sword is 7 and the bolt bullshit is 6. Ive tried using everything from time to time. Fire/bolt paper, some beast pellet shit, some ash to make the gun better, knives, poisoned knives, molotovs. I dont mind using them, but when im spamming them, thats when i personally feel cheap, so i dont want to, obviously.

I saw this guy kill the undead giant with 1/4 of health, 100%always dodging the spin attack. I mean, how the fuck did he get that good? I had to spam my inventory on the giant AND pop his zit. Now i gotta fight Rom again and deal with his cheap ass. Another one i feel ill be lucky, not talented to beat.

My frustrations is hitting dodge or attack buttons, and there being a delay. Next thing i know, i am getting murked, when ive been pressing dodge 100x, just cuz my character is still trying to do an attack. I dont mind trial and error, but when i gotta wait for that motherfucking load screen, then RUN back to some cocksucker, only to get there and think, gee, maybe i should try some bolt paper? Then i use it, its wasted on poor game play, i die, go back to that fucking spawn spot, but now NO bolt paper and NO blood echoes to buy more. Its that tedious work that makes dying, which happens constantly, such a fucking pain in the ass. Before i killed the undead giant, i was in this state AND out of blood viles and quicksilver. Talk about a shit load of fuck.

What i really want to get good at is parryjng. Logarius is susceptible to it, but im awful at it anyway. Seriously, it doesnt matter what kind of spoiler shit i see, im still gonna get raped.

Dude, you need to check out the chalice dungeons. I've done them several times and they still creep me tf out.
Ive been doing them...or not doing them.,i dont know. I see these grave stones in the hunters dream that say first ritual, second ritual, but when i open it up, there are multiple options. I never know the difference between these and the grave stones.

Went to youtube for suggestions and i managed to get past the giant, see a cheesy way to kill the hunter, but logarius is just gonna have to get better.
2cd068a19f95a0fe62707386a856ceef.gif

Update.

I also was trying him out the same time i was trying to kill the undead giant in the final ritual headstone...the dungeon. He was ridiculous. So i went exploring and found some bitch hunter in the grand cathedral, whom keeps fucking me up. It was at this point where i couldnt kill this hunter, couldnt kill this dungeon giant, and couldnt kill this logarius. Went to youtube for suggestions and i managed to get past the giant, see a cheesy way to kill the hunter, but logarius is just gonna have to get better.

Thank god for this non commentary walk through. I only watch it when im stumped on where to go. Other than that, i duke shit out on my own. However, i just cannot stand "where the fuck do i go; what the fuck do i do" games, and this is coming from a player that looks around a LOT. In short, if it wasnt for these knowledge nudges, i wouldve quit sometime around father mas...or whatever the fuck his name was in the beginning.

Now the next battle is logarius. Every vid i saw shows someone doing what i do, just better. I hate that admission but its true. I forget what level im at, but it costs around ~50k to level up.

That means i gotta try different shit. I am using the ludwig sword or totarus or whatever its called. Sword is 7 and the bolt bullshit is 6. Ive tried using everything from time to time. Fire/bolt paper, some beast pellet shit, some ash to make the gun better, knives, poisoned knives, molotovs. I dont mind using them, but when im spamming them, thats when i personally feel cheap, so i dont want to, obviously.

I saw this guy kill the undead giant with 1/4 of health, 100%always dodging the spin attack. I mean, how the fuck did he get that good? I had to spam my inventory on the giant AND pop his zit. Now i gotta fight Rom again and deal with his cheap ass. Another one i feel ill be lucky, not talented to beat.

My frustrations is hitting dodge or attack buttons, and there being a delay. Next thing i know, i am getting murked, when ive been pressing dodge 100x, just cuz my character is still trying to do an attack. I dont mind trial and error, but when i gotta wait for that motherfucking load screen, then RUN back to some cocksucker, only to get there and think, gee, maybe i should try some bolt paper? Then i use it, its wasted on poor game play, i die, go back to that fucking spawn spot, but now NO bolt paper and NO blood echoes to buy more. Its that tedious work that makes dying, which happens constantly, such a fucking pain in the ass. Before i killed the undead giant, i was in this state AND out of blood viles and quicksilver. Talk about a shit load of fuck.

What i really want to get good at is parryjng. Logarius is susceptible to it, but im awful at it anyway. Seriously, it doesnt matter what kind of spoiler shit i see, im still gonna get raped.

Ive been doing them...or not doing them.,i dont know. I see these grave stones in the hunters dream that say first ritual, second ritual, but when i open it up, there are multiple options. I never know the difference between these and the grave stones.
You just have to try and relax and learn their patterns, that goes for pretty much every boss, outside cheap cunts like the Capra Demon in Dark Souls. I forget the equivalent in BB.

Personally, I like weapons/techniques that deal massive damage with decent enough speed. It's so easy to make a dodge mistake, especially with BB's inconsistent framerate. The less time I spend hacking away at enemy HP, the happier I am to spend time learning patterns.

Your posts made me want to go back and play. I'm chasing Micolash again, I hate him so much lol

One thing I may as well ask now that I have a shitload of it is...the armor. Ive collected a lot garments on my exploration of where the fuck to go and youre damn sure Ive looked at their stats when dealing with certain areas or bosses. Frenzy and poison resistance improved with switching out their clothes, but when it comes to fighting, I dont notice shit.

I am assuming Logarius is shooting arcane at me. Ok, I switch out clothes and I die 1 second later than sooner. Put together some solid defense garments for the undead giant and ill still get one hit killed.

Is there any point to giving a shit about this?

One thing I may as well ask now that I have a shitload of it is...the armor. Ive collected a lot garments on my exploration of where the fuck to go and youre damn sure Ive looked at their stats when dealing with certain areas or bosses. Frenzy and poison resistance improved with switching out their clothes, but when it comes to fighting, I dont notice shit.

I am assuming Logarius is shooting arcane at me. Ok, I switch out clothes and I die 1 second later than sooner. Put together some solid defense garments for the undead giant and ill still get one hit killed.

Is there any point to giving a shit about this?
Outside some garments/Armour that maybe slowed poison/helped poise? I never cared much about the stats of them. They never had much noticeable impact to me. It became all about the fashion.

When you look good, you feel good, then you kill good :D

I later learned that "Fashion Souls" is a thing lol

I killed martyr and im proud to say, i did it with no upgrades or grinding needs. It was nice to parry his ass.

Now....i got a crown of illusions. Gee thanks. Just like the blood, sweat, and tears ive exchanged in the dungeons, ive gotten JUNK in return dominantly.

Honestly, i just wanted a new door to open for a new place to go.

Back to the walkthrough...

Update.

I just want to say that I've been enjoying reading your rants. Making me literally LOL. I think you may have a future in comedic reviews or something.

I just want to say that I've been enjoying reading your rants. Making me literally LOL. I think you may have a future in comedic reviews or something.
I actually do comedy. Or did... this covid shit fucked up things.

I killed martyr and im proud to say, i did it with no upgrades or grinding needs. It was nice to parry his ass.

Now....i got a crown of illusions. Gee thanks. Just like the blood, sweat, and tears ive exchanged in the dungeons, ive gotten JUNK in return dominantly.

Honestly, i just wanted a new door to open for a new place to go.

Back to the walkthrough...
Put the crown on in his boss arena and run towards the throne

Alright I have to admit this game has grabbed me and im kind of obsessed with it at the moment. Haven't made it very far yet but I'm definitely feeling the hook.
<DCWhoa>

Put the crown on in his boss arena and run towards the throne
Yeah I just booted up the walk through and saw that.

Christ o mighty, "get gud" includes this type of shit? How the hell was I supposed to know?

Thanks

Yeah I just booted up the walk through and saw that.

Christ o mighty, "get gud" includes this type of shit? How the hell was I supposed to know?

Thanks
Thats literally what I did instantly. Like who doesnt wanna put on the crown instantly?

Alright I have to admit this game has grabbed me and im kind of obsessed with it at the moment. Haven't made it very far yet but I'm definitely feeling the hook.
I was wondering why I have been obsessed myself. Granted, im on medical leave, but this game has made me sink hours into it.

The leveling up is the most important and it can be done at any time. In the beginning I thought it wasnt doing shit, like I feel now with the garments I find all the time, but when I go farm blood viles/quicksilver, earlier folks arent a problem any more.

The other reason is what I mentioned before about dying being my fault. It is, but its a commitment issue. The game typically commits to what button you press. Fuck that, I want to change my mind constantly. However, those are the rules. In my last boss fight, for example, I got knocked down, hit an attack button, and as my character was slowly getting up, I knew attacking was no longer an option, because I got knocked down. My guy gets up and swings the fucking blade, while my controller lies idle. Granted, I absolutely was mashing the dash button, but NOOOOO NO NO, UH UH, we gotta attack cuz i fucking said so 10 sec ago.

Thats literally what I did instantly. Like who doesnt wanna put on the crown instantly?
I looked at its attributes.

I look at everything I get because accomplishing any task should deserve some spoils.

Back