Bo Nickal: In 3 to 5 years we are gonna takeover the sport

Let's see how these wrestlers look standing up. This isn't 1993 anymore.

They have wrestling classes for kids there. Those kids will develop their striking sooner than later.
Of course the 3-5 years is too short for a stable, but hey it's promo

https://www.statecollege.com/bo-nic...top-team-to-open-new-mma-gym-in-pleasant-gap/

Not coincidentally, ATT-Happy Valley is located right behind another Nittany Lion wrestling great’s own facility — Olympic gold medalist David Taylor’s M2 Training Center, which offers wrestling technique and training for youth through high school-age grapplers.

“Obviously David’s got a great thing going with his club, with youth wrestling,” Nickal said. “They’re, in my opinion, the number one youth wrestling club in the country. I’m looking forward to seeing the kids come out of there. If they have interest in MMA already then we’ll have an opportunity for them, but continue to wrestle, maybe wrestle through college then train here by the time they’re ready to be pros or whatever it is.”

Could you design a more ugly building if you tried?

I think the Ruotolos, elite adcc submission grapplers should also be mentioned ADCC winner Kade Ruotolo wants to be a MMA champ and his submissions are nasty!

If Kade started mma that would be cool. Still very young so he has a lot of time to grow into a more well rounded fighter if he decides to do so.

The heyday of the American wrestlers was back in the day of Mark Coleman, Randleman, and Kerr. I don't see a second wave coming because for one, today you need to be well rounded in order to be successful in modern MMA (see Ben Askren) especially when everyone has already seen and knows how to defend against that style. Two, the UFC isn't keen on LnP fighters and won't pick up one dimensional wrestlers.
These guys are cross training bjj at their wrestling clubs. Nittany wrestling club is going to be turning out some ridiculous athletes. Nickal, Nolf and Cassar are gonna be problems.

People forget Ben Askren became a multi org champ easily with slick wrestling at an older age. These guys are not blast double bruisers they are slick and athletic and will be subbing guys easily

The heyday of the American wrestlers was back in the day of Mark Coleman, Randleman, and Kerr. I don't see a second wave coming because for one, today you need to be well rounded in order to be successful in modern MMA (see Ben Askren) especially when everyone has already seen and knows how to defend against that style. Two, the UFC isn't keen on LnP fighters and won't pick up one dimensional wrestlers.

Ben Askren won world titles in Bellator and ONEFC. He was an undefeated 19-0 at one point. He was WILDLY successful in MMA

Terrible example

220806EE-D032-4494-933C-60DC8C37218C.jpeg 048EDEE1-6994-4B38-8AA0-CDB25FB42754.jpeg

Ben Askren won world titles in Bellator and ONEFC. He was an undefeated 19-0 at one point. He was WILDLY successful in MMA

Terrible example

View attachment 945144 View attachment 945145
It was only because UFC and Bellator didn't want him that he had that record. He would've struggled hard against top guys in that period. We saw what he could do against Maia and Lawler late in their careers.

He needs to chill out. I think he is being pushed way too fast. He really has less than two years of training MMA and he started fighting too. It is impossible not to have holes in his game.

As someone who wrestled pretty far when i was young. Being great at wrestling only gets you so far, just because you are great at wrestling doesn’t mean you will be great at fighting mma.

its like great bjj guys, just because they are bjj world champs, doesnt mean they will submit people everytime it hits the ground.

same with great kickboxers and muay thai guys. They dont always win even the stand up fights.

great wrestlers get outwrestled all the time in mma. As do great strikers getting outstruck.

i know people like to hype the next guy up, but imo, he needs beat someone worthy, go on a win streak and prove it.

Back