Media Bo Nickal on Pereira and Izzy: “If I grabbed a hold of those guys, it wouldn’t go well for them”

Do you see Bo Nickal winning against Poatan or Izzy?

• Total voters
well for one, gary payton was never a superstar. two, jordan is arguably the best perimeter defender of all time so that’s a dumb question. that’s like asking who’s a better heavyweight than prime fedor. three, players don’t iso as often as they used to so it’s a completely different kind of defense for what’s really a different kind of basketball.

jordan could never defend a pick and roll as well as mikal bridges does now and no center of that time besides maybe hakeem could switch onto guards and defend well like someone like evan mobley or draymond. kawhi (when healthy) is every bit as good a perimeter defender as gary payton and if he could stay healthy, would be in the eschelon of jordan.

HOFer, 9x All-Star, and member of the NBA’s 75th Anniversary Team Gary Payton not a superstar??? Put the crack pipe down.

Nah I think it's a classic example of a guy being too cocky for most people's taste. There's plenty of confident guys who come across likeable, like Burns for example. He says he can beat anyone, even Marty who demolished him, and he never comes across like a smug douche, like this guy
yeah it's a bit much from him since he hasn't even had an official fight in the UFC. maybe he knows his style might not be the most crowd pleasing, so he's drumming up interest.

A player like Larry also played when the sport was 100 times tougher. Dudes didn't leave games like LeBron for Stubbed toes. Larry was one of kind to answer your question though.
only reason LeBron scores is nobody aloud to touch him lol...go watch 80 90's was way more physical then today so was football....

timestamped.

"I’m not going to say that’s an easy fight, because Pereira is dangerous. But as far as styles go, that’s a great matchup for me. I’ve watched their fight a couple times and the grappling, you know, the striking exchanges are super impressive, that goes without saying. They’re absolutely elite strikers. But when they get ahold of each other, it’s just almost funny. Like, I’m laughing at how they’re moving and what they’re doing and stuff. And maybe they feel that way about me when I’m hitting pads and hitting the bag and stuff. But I just feel like, if I grabbed ahold of either of those guys, it wouldn’t go well for them. And I think everybody knows that, so that’s not something that’s a shocking statement or that’s pretty outlandish, in my opinion.”

Middle of interview he also touched on his fight with Pickett.
“I think that the more that I experience MMA, the more experience I get in sparring and things like that, you just understand the range a little better, you understand when you’re in danger. And the reality is, whenever I’m fighting a guy who’s a striker, they have all the anxiety. I have none. Like, if they’re going to knock me out, they’ve got to either catch me coming in somehow, which is incredibly difficult to do, or walk me down and hope I don’t take them down as that’s going on. So it’s just like, I have all the advantage in the pace of how the fight goes and just controlling the distance and that type of thing."

“In reality, I’m not going to sit here and stand in front of you in a 50-50 situation and let you kick me in the head. I’m either going to be in or out, right? And I know I have good enough cardio and good enough pace that I can do that for 25 minutes if I need to, on top of the fact that once I do grab you and get ahold you, you’re going to be gassed out, you’re going to be done. And that’s just if you survive, and if you don’t get strangled or don’t get beat up too badly and the ref stops it."

He also mentioned very early in the interview he signed with the GOAT Jake Paul company. Very funny debate with Ariel on their meat too.

Masvidal said Bo is very good and he's improving. He also said he isn't the strongest guy. That was Interesting.
There's a big guy I used to roll with a lot, for about 3 years I thought he wasn't that strong for his size, then one day he put it on and I realised he was never using his full strength lol

Isn't this dude that was saying his debut had to be on the ppv because he's a big deal and then pulled out of the fight? Forget who he was scheduled to face, some scrub. Just trying to promote himself tho, I can't hate too hard.

Isn't this dude that was saying his debut had to be on the ppv because he's a big deal and then pulled out of the fight? Forget who he was scheduled to face, some scrub. Just trying to promote himself tho, I can't hate too hard.
He returns on UFC 285

I do think the matchup issue for them would be significant against a top-notch MMA grappler; a fighter that worked the grappling angle well could beat those guys. Thing is, we don't know that Bo will be top-notch; not every sport grappler is a great MMA grappler. It depends on other skills.

I don’t hate the guy and I recognize his extremely high ceiling as far as his potential, but I’m sure either one of them would find his striking acumen to be comical if asked to dissect a video if it

Nickal may wind up being great.

But until we see him get punched in the face, hard. It's tough to say for certain.

Back