Rumored Bo Nickal vs Jacob Malkoun Confirmed By Malkoun - UFC 302 - June 1st

On paper Malkoun is a good grappler with lower than average striking. It's another slow step on the ladder for Bo who needs to stay active and get more experience. He needs to fight more often and as seen with his last fight, the UFC should let him do it so he can work on different parts of his game. I don't see an issue with it if I'm being pragmatic, regardless of what Bo says in interviews, which the matchups he's being offered and accepting contradict.
I think this last fight was a wakeup call for the UFC. They were hoping he would blow through Brundage easily and shoot him into ranked top guys, but he ran into a few hurdles. They will mothball him some more fights before moving him too far up the ladder, which I actually think is a good move for Nickal long-term.

If you start calling out the champ and other top fighters do you deserve the right to build yourself up anymore? You at least deserve the shit you get for fighting unranked guys afterwards.

I think this last fight was a wakeup call for the UFC. They were hoping he would blow through Brundage easily and shoot him into ranked top guys, but he ran into a few hurdles. They will mothball him some more fights before moving him too far up the ladder, which I actually think is a good move for Nickal long-term.

I do as well. He finally was matched up with a warm body who had some experience and wouldn't wilt from pressure. Bo couldn't bully him psychically and he was at least competent. He needs fights like these in the long run. This is a gradual, realistic step up for him. With that said, if he doesn't fight often, none of this really matters. They might as well throw him to the wolves and capitalize on the attention if he won't, which is why I think this matchup is actually going to take place.

Looks like this fight will round out the main card for UFC 302:

Islam vs. Poirier
Strickland vs. Costa
Almeida vs. Romanov
Dolidze vs. Puffy
Nickal vs. Malkoun

Main card is a 7.5/10
I'd honestly push it to an 8 now.
the .5 being cause we know that Costa vs Strickland press conference with Dustin and Islam being like WTF on the side will be funny as hell.

Bo adds an intriguing featured bout on the card as well.

I'll have to rewatch all the footage before committing to this, but my hunch here is Malkoun wins. He's an underrated fighter. As a gambler, I'm still haunted by his Hawes loss, but he's looked healthy ever since.

Finally Bo is fighting someone that can wrestle. Not as decorated as Bo is of course, but Malkoun has solid all around MMA grappling.

another can crushing event? i am not familiar with the other guy....they should challenge bo a bit more especially since they gifted him the opportunity of a lifetime over actual potential title fights (leon vs. belal)

I'll have to rewatch all the footage before committing to this, but my hunch here is Malkoun wins. He's an underrated fighter. As a gambler, I'm still haunted by his Hawes loss, but he's looked healthy ever since.
Yeah i think most of everyone is underrating Malkoun, he won Gold at ADCC in the Oceanic/Asia region.
He's got very legit BJJ so Bo can't just spam takedowns like he usually does and decent enough standup to survive with Bo on the feet.

Malkoun is just a budget Robocop. I would've rather seen Bo vs Rodrigues.

Robocop is way too dangerous for Bo right now lol. Are you suggesting Robocop because you think it's a good incremental increase in opposition for Bo or you just want to see him lose? Going from Brundage to Rodrigues is too much of a leap.

Either I didn't or I'm just forgetting what happened.

So Malkoun a step up in competition?
Yeah Malkoun is a decent fighter. Wont be ranked or anything but better than Brundage. Alkhassan and Petroski are good wins Malkoun has under his belt.

Robocop is way too dangerous for Bo right now lol. Are you suggesting Robocop because you think it's a good incremental increase in opposition for Bo or you just want to see him lose? Going from Brundage to Rodrigues is too much of a leap.
For whatever stupid reason Robocop isn't top 15 at MW either, so as far as that's concerned he's still an unranked opponent. I just want to see wrestlers tested by him tbh.

Malkoun ranked number 56 on Fight Matrix. 41 on Tapology.

I mean.. You see those numbers, right?

For a guy saying he would have beaten every MW champion for the last while. Also said he’d be -1000 against Borz.

GTFO.. Fight a top 10 MW, or shut your piehole.

Can crusher.

Back