Rumored Bo Nickal vs Jacob Malkoun Confirmed By Malkoun - UFC 302 - June 1st

casuals will say Bo is being babied, but this was the fight many called for Bo on 300. Malkoun could absolutely beat Bo Nickal at this stage of his career. Even though this is a much better fight than Brundage, at least they avoided potential derailment on the big stage at 300.

I like how he's getting back in there right away, but with all the smack he's talking and the hype he's getting, he should be fighting a ranked guy at least.

On paper Malkoun is a good grappler with lower than average striking. It's another slow step on the ladder for Bo who needs to stay active and get more experience. He needs to fight more often and as seen with his last fight, the UFC should let him do it so he can work on different parts of his game. I don't see an issue with it if I'm being pragmatic, regardless of what Bo says in interviews, which the matchups he's being offered and accepting contradict.

If he does get a small step up in competition every single time he beats somebody and fights 3-4 times a year I'd be fine with it.

Still don't like his main card spot at UFC 300 very much.

Malkoun is just a budget Robocop. I would've rather seen Bo vs Rodrigues.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Bo needs to operate on Fear to kick in his primal instincts to survive. His evolution seems that of privilege, which is fine if you want to come in and kick ass like Alex P -- but Not Fine if you want to talk shit at Top Performers whilst trying to beat down cans in Main Events.

This shit needs to get real -- and the reality that Robocop is showing up to damage your body and brand would stimulate the correct response. Talk less shit, train like your life and future health depended on it, and cage-fight against legit talent.

If he does get a small step up in competition every single time he beats somebody and fights 3-4 times a year I'd be fine with it.

I agree. I posted this on the second page:

He needs fights like these in the long run. This is a gradual, realistic step up for him. With that said, if he doesn't fight often, none of this really matters. They might as well throw him to the wolves and capitalize on the attention if he won't, which is why I think this matchup is actually going to take place.

Still don't like his main card spot at UFC 300 very much.

Yep. That was a misstep. He should have kicked off the 300 prelims. There's nothing wrong with his level of competition, we all saw what happened with Aaron Pico. But the UFC brass needs to stop elevating him into positions he hasn't earned

This is a good step up. Melkoun is a strong dude who’s ragdoled some tuff guys.

On paper Malkoun is a good grappler with lower than average striking. It's another slow step on the ladder for Bo who needs to stay active and get more experience. He needs to fight more often and as seen with his last fight, the UFC should let him do it so he can work on different parts of his game. I don't see an issue with it if I'm being pragmatic, regardless of what Bo says in interviews, which the matchups he's being offered and accepting contradict.

I think this is a pretty big step up from brundage. Malkoun made brundage look like a child and arguably beat brendan allen. He also has mastered defending takedowns with hip bone counter strikes.

That's a pretty good match up to be honest and better than Brundage was. Malkoun has a serviceable jab, average striking, but can test Bo a bit in that grappling realm. It gives Bo a chance to either show off his striking or someone that will grapple with him that he should beat.

I like it on a smaller UFC and it gives both fighters a chance to get a good win and establish their spot in the division.

Either I didn't or I'm just forgetting what happened.

So Malkoun a step up in competition?
I thought you were making a joke lol... Malkoun beat him so bad that he made Brundage look like a LW, before getting Brundage call it off the illegal elbow. The shot was illegal, but his acting was Aljo level. We have seen how they both react to KO/TKOs and neither have reacted like that ever. It should have been a point, loss of position and then fight continued. That fight got him the Nickal fight though which kinda backfired on the UFC. Brundage is most likely done and will be cut shortly.

Malkoun ranked number 56 on Fight Matrix. 41 on Tapology.

I mean.. You see those numbers, right?

For a guy saying he would have beaten every MW champion for the last while. Also said he’d be -1000 against Borz.

GTFO.. Fight a top 10 MW, or shut your piehole.

Can crusher.
I think you are really underestimating Malkoun here

Back