Rumored Bo Nickal vs Jacob Malkoun Confirmed By Malkoun - UFC 302 - June 1st

good fight

i predict Malkoun will push Nickal against the fence, grab a single leg, then trip out his back leg. And he will use this takedown again in rounds 2 and 3 and win a UD.

You should really delete this post. You clearly didn't watch that fight.

Never make bold statements based on Wikicapping when it comes to UFC, haha, especially when no attempt was made to read the fineprint!

Malkoun beats Brendan Allen (in reality, not according to the mong judges).

Allen = next big thing at MW
Malkoun = can

Shitdog logic.

Malkoun beats Brendan Allen (in reality, not according to the mong judges).

Allen = next big thing at MW
Malkoun = can

Shitdog logic.

Malkoun had 0 % takedown defence in the UFC until he defended one against Petroski.

But if Bo pretends he's a Mixed Martial Artist and underestimates Malk, he could get his bell rung.

It's the right fight for Bo in many ways, as Malkoun presumably can't spam takedowns, but you know what... I kinda think he will, and he'll be a lot more active than Brundage who just ceases up at times.

God, I hope this fight happens, I don't think it will be the best fight in terms of entertainment, but none of them will be at this stage - Bo just ain't there yet. Let's just focus on Bo getting a good, solid, intriguing test.

Malkoun had 0 % takedown defence in the UFC until he defended one against Petroski.

But if Bo pretends he's a Mixed Martial Artist and underestimates Malk, he could get his bell rung.

It's the right fight for Bo in many ways, as Malkoun presumably can't spam takedowns, but you know what... I kinda think he will, and he'll be a lot more active than Brundage who just ceases up at times.

God, I hope this fight happens, I don't think it will be the best fight in terms of entertainment, but none of them will be at this stage - Bo just ain't there yet. Let's just focus on Bo getting a good, solid, intriguing test.

Allen and Brundage did land 3/3 combined takedowns on Malkoun without him defending 1, but in fights where Malkoun otherwise dominanted the grappling. He had 7 TDs on Allen. That's more TDs than Allen has suffered in the rest of his UFC career combined.

There isn't any question that Nickal can get him down, the question is what happens over 3 rounds when Nickal is faced with a competent MMA grappler.

Anyway the fight probably isn't happening so there's no point discussing it further.

Malkoun... the same guy that got KO'd in round 1 against Cody Brundage not long ago...

Lol... they keep feeding Bo scrubs.

Nickal says he should be a -1000 favorite against Khamzat, and would "dominate everybody in the top 10"

Why continue fighting unranked fighters

Bo is fighting cans, and easily winning, until he finishes his contract. He's doing it because he's making very little money, and it doesn't make sense to go up against the killers for the few bucks the UFC is giving him.

His contract is almost up, then he will negotiate a new contract, will be fighting top 10 fighters and main eventing every single one of his fights. All you shertard haters aren't going to like that either, but tough shit, he is the future. Not a single one of you will start to see the light until after he's champion and has cleaned out the division, Suga Sean style. And even then, you still won't because your hate just flows too strong. I think it's gingerism.

If you're calling Malkoun a can you're an idiot. Brundage isn't a can either. You're just salty Bo isn't fighting ranked opposition.

This is a good fight and test for Bo...what's everyone crying about? Malkoun is a good fighter who arguably beat Brendan Allen during his big run.

Yeah Malkoun is a perfect test for Nickal IMO. He's 4-3 in the UFC but he could easily be 6-1.

I think it's a solid step-up considering Malkoun legit legit BJJ-wise. Bo can't just spam takedowns like pretty much everyone else he's fought.
His only real loss is against Brendan Allen and a flash KO vs Hawes.
Personally I thought he won that fight v Allen

On paper Malkoun is a good grappler with lower than average striking. It's another slow step on the ladder for Bo who needs to stay active and get more experience. He needs to fight more often and as seen with his last fight, the UFC should let him do it so he can work on different parts of his game. I don't see an issue with it if I'm being pragmatic, regardless of what Bo says in interviews, which the matchups he's being offered and accepting contradict.
Yeah, he took the break to develope his skills, but now maybe he'll start doing quick turn arounds if he's not taking damage. Dude looks like he cuts very little weight

Is this a step up tho? He was beating Brundage and lost by DQ, but feels like a marginal step up in competition here.

Im not asking for him to fight for the belt on his 7th pro fight, but somehow feels like he should be fighting better competition, Pereira fought for the belt in like his 7th pro fight, he had history with the champion then but still, both elite from their original sport before turning into MMA, are Kickboxers considered higher level than wrestlers as a starting point?

Think it's a solid step-up as Malkoun is legit BJJ wise.

What do you guys think?

Update: Apparently Bo Nickal's team said Malkoun lied or they're hiding it

Shit fight but that pre fight press conference with Sean and Paulo and the rest should be very interesting.

This is a good fight and test for Bo...what's everyone crying about? Malkoun is a good fighter who arguably beat Brendan Allen during his big run.

I think the "crying" is because Bo is on record talking about how he would be a favorite against anybody in the top 10 and what was it? 1000 vs Khamat?
Dude talks a big game but keeps fighting low ranked fighters.

I dont care who Bo fights, but he should stfu about being able to beat everybody in the top 10 while facing unranked fighters.

Another over matched opponent that will get him on the main card.

Think it's a solid step-up as Malkoun is legit BJJ wise.

What do you guys think?

Update: Apparently Bo Nickal's team said Malkoun lied or they're hiding it

Man, I got excited for a second, but of course, it was too good to be true. They'll probably give Bo a returning CM Punk.

Back