Media "Bookmakers ruin families, worse than alcohol, never in EFC" - Khabib Nurmagomedov

I absolutely agree and I’m always baffled by how much the UFC promotes gambling during events. I truly believe one day it will be illegal to advertise sports betting to the public, similar to tobacco products.

Now speak on Ziyavudin and Khabib's relationship with him and how he founded Eagles MMA, had several fighters and execs arrested for murder then, funded Khabib's career and is still in jail for massive hundred of millions of dollars in racketeering and embezzlement charges

Do you even know who Ziyavudin is? He's a Dagestani billionaire that got started with the help of the Dagestani Prime Minister cause he didn't want Russian oligarchs swinging their weight around in Dagestan.

He started to become pretty visible and Putin threw him in jail for supposedly wasting 20 million dollars in Olympic manufacturing funds to send a message.

A 2-minute video

Reporter: "Have you ever thought of the money you're missing out on? They're probably ready to give hundreds of thousands of dollars!"

Khabib: "Well, the pay big money. There are promotions that take their money, the bookmakers become their main sponsor, and they don't need any more. We're not moving in that direction. We pay attention to the type of product we give to our audience. The only thing we promote is sport. I don't want people to watch us and see alcohol or bookmakers ads. It's very important to me. I don't want someone to discover a bookmaker from watching EFC and then go to their website and develop an addiction. That's very important [to me]"

Khabib is a known hypocrite though so he can continue employing Sanchez and trying to make Bigfoot fight KO artists.

I absolutely agree and I’m always baffled by how much the UFC promotes gambling during events. I truly believe one day it will be illegal to advertise sports betting to the public, similar to tobacco products.

Come and live in the UK, its absolutely everywhere.

Theres this pretense that bookies make most of their money from average punters putting down small bets every once in awhile for fun but the reality is they make a large part of their profits from gambling addicts.

Do you even know who Ziyavudin is? He's a Dagestani billionaire that got started with the help of the Dagestani Prime Minister cause he didn't want Russian oligarchs swinging their weight around in Dagestan.

He started to become pretty visible and Putin threw him in jail for supposedly wasting 20 million dollars in Olympic manufacturing funds to send a message.

It had a lot to do with disputes between Putin and Medvedev associated oligarchs. Ziyavudin was part of the latter.

Perhaps, but if so alcohol will come first. Like MMA, gambling and marijuana are both currently gaining more widespread acceptance in American politics

Bookies bad

Friendships, ties and sponsorships/endorsements/funds from warlords, racketeers, embezzlers and extremists/terrorists good

Screen_Shot_2019_06_12_at_8.20.51_AM.png

KHabib_Nurmagomedov_i_Ziyavudin_Magomedov.0.jpg

this x10… can’t stand the warped morality of people from this region.. how about distance yourself from people involved in an active GENOCIDE in Ukraine before talking about how drinking and gambling are bad.

like most religions it is hypocrisy. people pick and choose what they want.

yes gambling is bad, it can lead to addiction and ruining your life. but so can smoking tobacco (lung cancer)

islam also forbids taking loans with interest attached. but many banks in the middle east play some mental gymnastics to get around it. many muslims in the west also turn a blind eye to it so they can buy the house they want.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but it has caused a lot of problems here in England.
Lots of new regulation pertaining advertising has been brought in over the last decade

A 2-minute video

Reporter: "Have you ever thought of the money you're missing out on? They're probably ready to give hundreds of thousands of dollars!"

Khabib: "Well, the pay big money. There are promotions that take their money, the bookmakers become their main sponsor, and they don't need any more. We're not moving in that direction. We pay attention to the type of product we give to our audience. The only thing we promote is sport. I don't want people to watch us and see alcohol or bookmakers ads. It's very important to me. I don't want someone to discover a bookmaker from watching EFC and then go to their website and develop an addiction. That's very important [to me]"

He's right but at the same time the odds are a guilty pleasure for me because I find them to be one of the most important pieces of information going into a fight.

Acting like he had a damn choice. As soon as Khabib became a global superstar he cut all ties youll never see him with Kadyrov again.

Do you believe Khabib can just leave the family, brotherhood, cultural group?

Yeah, no they don’t. Alcohol is the most destructive and widely available drug on the planet.

Alcohol and gamlbing/betting ads and their promotion is at an all-time high nowadays with almost all MMA promotions. Can't go 15 minutes without talking about some fucking drink or the betting lines. Hell they even do this shit in the middle of the fight now, talking about how the odds have shifted after Round X.

I respect Khabibs position here and actually agree with him 100%. Alcohol and gambling have destroyed families and lives left and right. I knew a guy who got so deep into gambling debts he commited suicide cause there was no way he could pay it back and essentially had his life crumble before his eyes slowly. Now you could say its his fault (which it partially is), but these parasites have a way to lure people into their schemes and exploit gullable people who are in need of money desperately. At the end, its all one big scam.

Back