Bourne Spinoff TV Series TREADSTONE (Premieres Oct. .15)

I love the Bourne movies, but i don't know about this. It works for Damon, but now you're going to have a bunch of unstoppable human cyborg types running around? They already did the Treadstone thing. A lot. A prequel might have been a better idea.
That's what I thought this was, a prequel. Didn't the Treadstone program get shuttered in the movie chronology? There shouldn't be any more sleepers out there in the present day...

I will probably watch this since I am a sucker for Alias / Nikita type spy thriller shows. But I fully expect to regret it.

I'll watch.

Fingers crossed.

jesus they gonna have some soy boys play bourne, this is worse than when they had that midget jeremy renner @pflo

I was very excited seeing the title of the thread but the trailer looks HORRID. I loved the series but im not sure about this.

At least Limitless had a Bradley Cooper cameo. No one from the movies wanted to be fan bait?

Plus all these people should be dead. They’ve killed multiple Treadstone and Treadstone-esque cells over the course of the movies. Though they’ve killed a lot of the top people too. So maybe it’s possible they slipped thru the cracks.

If it’s a short season or mini series, I might give it a watch.

That's what I thought this was, a prequel. Didn't the Treadstone program get shuttered in the movie chronology? There shouldn't be any more sleepers out there in the present day...

I will probably watch this since I am a sucker for Alias / Nikita type spy thriller shows. But I fully expect to regret it.
Yeah, Treadstone got shut down and buried at the end of Bourne 1, but him being alive keeps it from being completely shuttered. This just looks like an exploration into the Treadstone program. The actors they chose seem kind of lame. I just didn't get a good vibe from the trailer. There's no way those three will do a better job than Damon, Owen, and the other guy whose name i don't know.

The Bourne Legacy was so forgettable and dull.

Jason Bourne.... did not watch.

I was hoping Daniel Craig 007 would continue to be Bourne esque but no... That hack director made Bond super hokey again. The Craig 007 is so tonally inconsistent. Javier Bardem was wasted when he could have been a cool baddy like in No Country

The first 3 Bourne movies and the newer Jason Bourne movie were all great imo, though The Bourne Identity (first one) was my favourite. Bourne Legacy was really bad imo and not worth watching. That trailer for this show wasn't looking too good to me either.

I started watching a newer Mission Impossible, Fallout, still have to finish it but it seemed pretty good so far. Though I really liked the brain-washing aspect of the Bourne films and they're my favourite spy/operative films I think.

This looks meh.

Despite liking the movies, I also kinda hate the Bourne series for really popularizing the "Tourette's cam," herky jerky, 10 shots per second style of filming action scenes that Hollywood fell in love with for a while.

It's almost comical at this point how safe, name-properties are such a huge piece of our entertainment now.
Could be good I suppose

They should just bring back Graceland.

There has already be 4 Bourne movies, like two hours each. How many more stories can they do in this universe? This is going to be really slow burn, so they can eek out as much rehashed story as they can.

Graceland at least had something new and fresh.

USA network you sux bish.
there are 11 more Borne novels. granted they are continuation novels, but still...
Legacy was one of them. it sucked, not sure what contributed to it though - Dahmer guy, directing or the source material.

Netflix I would likely watch. As a usa show likely not unless the pilot is great.

Just bored of the Bourne story to much to watch week after week ...... if on netflix where I could watch in a few days maybe

Yeah, Treadstone got shut down and buried at the end of Bourne 1, but him being alive keeps it from being completely shuttered. This just looks like an exploration into the Treadstone program. The actors they chose seem kind of lame. I just didn't get a good vibe from the trailer. There's no way those three will do a better job than Damon, Owen, and the other guy whose name i don't know.
I think Martin Szokas played one of the original candidates. All those guys can play deadpan psychos but still have enough charisma to make you care about them.

If they thought the franchise still had legs after Jason Bourne they would have just kept making movies with Renner or someone else. I think Legacy didn't do very well though. Guess the no-names could surprise, but to me this just seems like a shameless cash in.

Update: Premiere episode of the Jason Bourne spinoff show TREADSTONE is surprisingly really good. Fantastic action and hand-to-hand combat. The story is not yet completely clear and it continues to weave together a series of events that will likely to interconnect with each other but the characters and the set-up are intriguing enough to follow.

msxgvjO.jpg

Back