Boxing Discussion VIII

That was fucking terrible... if your gonna take a dive at least make it look convincing ffs

Poor guy just got blasted badly.

And yeah, expect Taylor to stop Postol at this point.
Just got blasted badly? Postol won his last fight. And in the only fight that he lost he went the distance with Terrance Crawford. While it is true that Taylor could get a stoppage between rounds 7-12. It's more likely that he wins via decision. I mean this is the same Josh Taylor who could NOT stop a ham n' egger ranked 328 in the world with 4 loses (Alfonso Alvera) right?

Just got blasted badly? Postol won his last fight. And in the only fight that he lost he went the distance with Terrance Crawford. While it is true that Taylor could get a stoppage between rounds 7-12. It's more likely that he wins via decision. I mean this is the same Josh Taylor who could NOT stop a ham n' egger ranked 328 in the world with 4 loses (Alfonso Alvera) right?

That was in reply to the Michael Page fight that was live at the time we were talking about.

2nd paragraph was in regards to Taylor Postol.

He went the 8 round distance with Alvera 18 months ago, improved a heap since then and continues to. He’s stopped his last 4 including the previously never stopped and renownedly awkward Velasquez. Taylor is a future world champion for sure, incredible talent and anyone knowledgable in UK and Euro boxing is well aware of that and has been for some time.

The pressure and work on the inside will eventually take its toll and Postol and he’ll get finished in my opinion, but like I say, just my opinion and I certainly wouldn’t be trying to oppose people playing the DEC if they feel it’s the better play.

Last edited:
I am from the UK. I am not british. I can assure you there is not bias. Postol won his last fight? Go watch it, please ;)

Postol definitely won the fight. There were two flash knockdowns in the first round that weren't counted but one of them was a punch to the chest. Postol wasn't really hurt in the first. He was in the 5th but survived pretty well. He was back on the front foot actually. He was on the front food for the entire fight. Even giving a 10-7 and 10-8, Postol won pretty much every other round.

Shame we don't get odds for Fortuna-Granados...
I'll keep my eyes open on Williamhill, Marathon and Bet365 hoping they release them for livebet..

Shame we don't get odds for Fortuna-Granados...
I'll keep my eyes open on Williamhill, Marathon and Bet365 hoping they release them for livebet..

I'm waiting all week for method of victory market for Roman vs Flores. Looks like I'm not going to get it

Betway has odds for Granados - Fortuna.

2u Granados @ 2.62
0.66u Granados dnb @ 2.50
0.12u Draw @ 21

I think Granados will have success here, he's the bigger man. I'm glad he's fighting at his natural weight class now.

Also did a freebet on Kean to return 0.266u.

Last edited:
Betway has odds for Granados - Fortuna.

2u Granados @ 2.62
0.12u Draw @ 21

I think Granados will have success here, he's the bigger man. I'm glad he's fighting at his natural weight class now.

Also did a freebet on Kean to return 0.266u.

Weird that there are no odds for this fight in 5d.

Tailing the boys here
4u - Granados @2.50 dnb
0.8u Granados @2.62 3way

also on,
1u - Ritson 7-12 @4.50

Last edited:
That was in reply to the Michael Page fight that was live at the time we were talking about.

2nd paragraph was in regards to Taylor Postol.

He went the 8 round distance with Alvera 18 months ago, improved a heap since then and continues to. He’s stopped his last 4 including the previously never stopped and renownedly awkward Velasquez. Taylor is a future world champion for sure, incredible talent and anyone knowledgable in UK and Euro boxing is well aware of that and has been for some time.

The pressure and work on the inside will eventually take its toll and Postol and he’ll get finished in my opinion, but like I say, just my opinion and I certainly wouldn’t be trying to oppose people playing the DEC if they feel it’s the better play.
I agree that Josh Taylor is something special. However, the ideal play is TKO rounds 9-12 prop hedged with decision. If Taylor is able to do what Crawford could not it will be late in the fight.

anybody looked into the Vallily vs Arfan fight? the favorite Arfan looks tiny and out of shape compared to Vallily.. but Vallily only fought complete bums besides Briedis hwo knocked him out quick

big odds difference on the bf exchange.. Arfan 1.7 ish while bf sportbook have Arfan 1.33 =/

Valilly has a great amateur background but didn't really transition great in pro boxing. He's schooling Iqbal and I took some of Valilly LB, but I regret not taking Valilly @ 3.00 pre-fight...

ya wish i would have looked more into the fight ealier.. no matter what happends Vallily had great value

i got a bit on 3.0 just becourse of the size difference but think i would have been bigger on it if i watched some tape

Back