Boxing Discussion VIII

Took 2.75u on Groves to win 2u.

I think Smith is shite, I am honestly surprised he made it past the domestic stage in his career. Groves is 3/4/5 levels above. So long as there is no shoulder injury issue I think Groves wins this in the same fashion he did so vs Eubank.

Smith is pretty good!
Groves looked good against Eubank, but I think he might struggle with Smiths style....
Didnt he set a record for jabs trown and/or landed against the Dutchman!?
Could be controversial...

Smith is pretty good!
Groves looked good against Eubank, but I think he might struggle with Smiths style....
Didnt he set a record for jabs trown and/or landed against the Dutchman!?
Could be controversial...
That was against Nieky Holzken though, a kickboxer who is nowhere near Groves' level as a boxer.

Nice to have some live boxing on Dutch TV for a change. Only AJ fights and the WBSS is live on Dutch TV, so I'm tailing for some action tonight:

€134,61 on Groves (2way) @1,743 to win €100,-

Might add more if I've looked into it more myself, but the odds are dropping, so wanted to get something down already.

George Groves (-125) vs Callum Smith $250.00 for $200.00
George Groves (-125) vs Callum Smith $250.00 for $200.00
Georges Groves wins inside distance (+405) $25.00 for $101.25
Not Callum Smith by 12 round decision (-275) $275.00 for $100.00

Chris Eubank Jr./JJ McDonagh Under 7½ (-155) $77.50 for $50.00

threw a tiny bet on Eubank DEC +550 after R1 only 10 rounds, they know eachother and Eubank dont seem to be fighting wild or agressive as usual

wtf is going on? looks like pure matchfix he bet on that round =/

Very irregular performance from George Groves, Smith looked 10x the fighter compared with his last couple of performances.
-3.75u

The downswing is very real.

Had a small bet Groves dec beforehand but switched to Smith live when I saw Groves struggling with the range. Smith seems to have fought to the level of his opposition, his previous toughest test, Rocky Fielding, he stopped in R1.

$15 to win $169 on Burgos. Odds just seem too wide on this fight. Haney is just a 19 year old kid so maybe Burgos' experience will help him pull off the upset.

Haney looked good, nice job controlling Burgos on the inside with the forearms & elbows a la Floyd, crafty stuff. The kids got talent for sure.

Missed the line of the year with this under opening at -105. Joyce is the heavyweight specimen who his opponent took one look at and walked out of the ring a few weeks ago that made the viral rounds. I'll still take it at this dear price against an opponent who has been knocked out rounds 5 & 6 in his most recent two bouts. Tonight on FS1:

Joe Joyce/Iago Kiladze Under 4½ (-265) $132.50 for $50.00
Joe Joyce/Iago Kiladze Under 4½ (-275) $137.50 for $50.00

I confused Joyce with Ajagba somehow, damnit. Under still should come in.

Brandon Figueroa (-417) vs Oscar Escandon ~$991.50 for ~$237.77

Jack Catterall (+100) vs Ohara Davies $200.00 for $200.00

Back