Boxing Discussion VIII

Thanks guys! (@crow @pytycrys @vkram )

Not gonna pay the juice on Wilder KO after hearing your thoughts. I'm gonna play Wilder rds 8-12 and Ortiz dec instead I think, but small.

As always, I appreciate the input of those more knowledgeable than I am when it comes to boxing!

Ortiz has a very good amateur background and is generally considered the better technical boxer than Wilder.

i dont think ortizs amatuer backgorund is going to have anything to do with the outcome of this fight. and imo wilders jab is very underrated, probably as good if not better than the cubans. deontay just has yet ot show an inside game and oritz has great uppercuts in both hands.

i see no value at wilder -300

Ooohhh this is the rematch where allens opponent was like +3000 on betfair ex at the end

I have so far :
1u Lee Appleyard @ 1.83
1u Yafai dec @ 2.80
1u Allen ko @ 2.75
0.5u Yafai dec + Allen ko @ 7.70
0.5u Ortiz dec @ 14.50

i dont think ortizs amatuer backgorund is going to have anything to do with the outcome of this fight. and imo wilders jab is very underrated, probably as good if not better than the cubans. deontay just has yet ot show an inside game and oritz has great uppercuts in both hands.

i see no value at wilder -300

I mentioned the amateur background as I think it shows that he is a better technical boxer. I agree that Wilder's jab is very underrated and can cause Ortiz a lot of problems.

I mentioned the amateur background as I think it shows that he is a better technical boxer. I agree that Wilder's jab is very underrated and can cause Ortiz a lot of problems.

i think if the cuban has granite hes going to beat wilder. a guy like prime tyson, vitali, tua, holy, they wreck deontay, ktfo cold.

imo, deontays really not that good technically (147 mayorga without ricardos excellent punch resistance) and i believe the wladamir stories and that wilder has a weak chin. iirc, klitscho also dropped him with a body shot.

i played the cuban small at +280(i have to have something on the fight just for the action) and hoping to hedge wilder later with the belief that ortiz can aviod the big right hand and win the first three or four rounds

where can i find this kovalev line? not available on coral.

i think if the cuban has granite hes going to beat wilder. a guy like prime tyson, vitali, tua, holy, they wreck deontay, ktfo cold.

imo, deontays really not that good technically (147 mayorga without ricardos excellent punch resistance) and i believe the wladamir stories and that wilder has a weak chin. iirc, klitscho also dropped him with a body shot.

i played the cuban small at +280(i have to have something on the fight just for the action) and hoping to hedge wilder later with the belief that ortiz can aviod the big right hand and win the first three or four rounds

Kinda agree with all of your points. The value is all on Ortiz. Wilder does have fight changing power though and maybe Ortiz is slowing down with age but that’s just guess work.

hit allen ko and krusher ko. i don't know shit, i don't know shat, but you guys seem to!

how hard does allen punch?
Like a lot of heavyweights he's got the ability to stop his opponents, 12 wins 9 by KO, however Lenroy had 3/4 losses by stoppage and in his last fight with Dave he looked at times like he wanted to give up, I think Allen will win by referee stoppage after a heavy barrage as oppose to a 1 punch knock out.
He's dropped weight, looks great and with Lenroys tendency to sit back on the ropes and be pretty inactive I think it sets up the finish perfectly.

I used to be high on Ortiz, but his best win was against a guy who matches up very well with him in Jennings, who likes to fight in the pocket. He likes to catch and shoot, and turtle up. His 2nd best win was against a very old Thompson who was so slow that it made Ortiz look more devastating than he really is.

Ortiz would match up very well with Joshua, who also likes to mix it up inside and leaves himself open. Wilder is so long that he can hit you in your "safe zone" when you don't expect it. He and his camp see something in Ortiz, or they wouldn't be seeking this fight so much.

Finally you know how it goes in boxing Wilder/Joshua is a super fight and it's one that would generate a lot of money. The promoters won't want to mess this up. Ortiz will have to win by KO or win 8-9 clear rounds to win.

So We are betting on Wilder basically lasting the distance here as he is dangerous enough to not lose 9 rounds against Ortiz who is pretty measured.

Is there a reason Kovalev is only -180 itd on 5dimes? Waiting for bovadas slow ass to have their props come out. I would love to use that in a parlay with some other favorites this weekend.

Back