Boxing Discussion VIII

Is there a reason Kovalev is only -180 itd on 5dimes? Waiting for bovadas slow ass to have their props come out. I would love to use that in a parlay with some other favorites this weekend.

You mean Kovalev itd I assume?

5d actually has a better line on FDNGD at -175.

The lines actually make zero sense at all for Kovalev.

ML -1900
Kovalev itd -179
Kovalev dec +172

Not sure if someone dropped an atomic bomb on Kovalev ML or what, but obviously if you wanted to play him straight at this point you'd just split your bets between the two props.

Last edited:
The lines actually make zero sense at all for Kovalev.

ML -1900
Kovalev itd -179
Kovalev dec +172

Not sure if someone dropped an atomic bomb on Kovalev dec or what, but obviously if you wanted to play him straight at this point you'd just split your bets between the two props.
...and take a sure small loss, with a chance of a big loss if he loses?

...and take a sure small loss, with a chance of a big loss if he loses?

I should clarify.

If you are very confident he wins and have any sort of lean at all in HOW he wins, you can bet that and use the other prop as a pseudo-hedge instead of laying -1900 on his ML. Yeah, you don't split the $ evenly proportionate to the odds, and if that's what my post read like you were right to correct it.

Meaning personally I'd rather make a big play on itd and hedge a little with his dec prop than put all of it on his ML.

sullivan barrera +515, barrera bivol individual rds 10-12. 33/1, 9/1

i was going to wait in the hopes of a better live betting line on the cuban should he suffer his customary early kd but this line is just dumb considering that bivol has unproven punch resistance as a pro and sullivan has excellent output, cardio and power. sullivan has the questionable chin, howver, many of his kds imo have been because of balance since he is always throwing his punches to get a guy out of there.

im hoping there could be a chance sometime in the fight to middle for a profit.

Half unit on Uzcategui KO @ 3.50.
May get better lines though.

Will wait for mor lines, but may end up playing Uzcategui R1-6 or R1-4 as well.
Direll's chin is a problem and I think Uzcategui will want to make a statement here after the fuckery that went down after the first fight.

Last edited:
only fight i will probably bet prefight is bivol barrera, until i watch more footage i like bivol by ko . the rest have inplay available anyway so im gonna bet inplay

@cottagecheesefan posted ortiz instagram on sherdogs boxing forum. dont know if this is real time or manipulated but if it hasnt been doctored and the cuban has solid punch resistance i have no idea how anyone is laying -300 on wilder.

the video of deontay being kd by sconiers is no longer available but ive read that deontay was given a long count. im pretty convinced that wilder is packing glass with his amatuer ko loss as well as the wlad sparring stories

Final list. A lot of plays.

1u Lee Appleyard @ 1.83 (free bet)

1u Allen KO @ 2.75 (freebet)

2u Yafai dec @ 2.80

1u Ortiz dnb @ 3.90
0.5u Ortiz dec @ 14.50
1.45u Ortiz - Wilder to go to distance @ 4.15

0.5u Uzcategui KO @ 3.50

1u Easton unanimous dec @ 2.75

0.25u Barrera dec @ 11.50

0.25u Ortiz, Barrera, Allen KO, Yafai dec, Easton dec, Kovalev dec @ 898.92
1u Allen KO + Yafai dec @ 7.70

Does anyone know much about Kevin Lerena. Surprised he is such a big favourite over Kucher.

bivol 12 rd decision +380

barrera has been kd early in a lot of fights early but so was tito triniidad.

Allen looking mint. Weighted in at 13 kilograms less than his first bout vs Lenroy.

bivol 12 rd decision +380

barrera has been kd early in a lot of fights early but so was tito triniidad.

You'd get a better price if he scores an early knockdown which is very much likely, Barrera recovers well, think I'm going to wait and see if it happens to play that line.

You'd get a better price if he scores an early knockdown which is very much likely, Barrera recovers well, think I'm going to wait and see if it happens to play that line.

agree with your logic, i just looked at trinidad and in two of his most high profile fights(dlh/hopkins) he was not kd early.

i think some of barreras kds are because he is out of position as most everything he throws is thrown to get you out of there. sullivan has the length advantage here and im hopng that might negates bivols speed and tries to dictate the fight wiht his jab

how are you playing wilder/ortiz?

agree with your logic, i just looked at trinidad and in two of his most high profile fights(dlh/hopkins) he was not kd early.

i think some of barreras kds are because he is out of position as most everything he throws is thrown to get you out of there. sullivan has the length advantage here and im hopng that might negates bivols speed and tries to dictate the fight wiht his jab

how are you playing wilder/ortiz?

Don't have a play for it yet, may end on Wilder 7-12 if I do.

I don't rate Wilder much but Ortiz hasn't impressed me over his past few fights, visibly slower and generally older. Fundamentally he's better than Wilder but he's also physically at a disadvantage and I imagine it will be telling during the fight.

Like I say, may just pass up on it altogether but we'll see.

Got to play some on Glenn Foot @ 3.05, there's no way he should be that big a dog here, even with it being in Glasgow.

Foot is tough as hell, dropped Leather and gave him everything he had, I had that fight even closer than it was on the cards, point deduction ruined it a little.

Dare I say this could be Barrett vs Clark esque in some ways, Foot will pressure for 12 rounds and will give you hell, Easton hasn't faced someone like this so 3.05 is a no brainer to play some for me.

Got £150 on Appleyard @ 1.83 when it opened, steal of a line, don't see a way that Shafiq wins this. Chinny, wide open defence, never been 10 rounds and not been in there with a guy like Appleyard either who held his own with Dodd.

Wish there was a TKO line available but sadly not.

Got £150 on Appleyard @ 1.83 when it opened, steal of a line, don't see a way that Shafiq wins this. Chinny, wide open defence, never been 10 rounds and not been in there with a guy like Appleyard either who held his own with Dodd.

Wish there was a TKO line available but sadly not.
Got this! 1.83 was a decent line

Back