Boxing Discussion VIII

Not exactly a "tip" as such but if you are looking to add some value to a parlay or double Ken Shiro (Best price @ 1.33) should really get the job done again vs Ganigan Lopez.

The first fight saw it fairly even through the first 4 rounds, then Shiro's youth carried him through to take most of the following rounds until the last 3, Lopez gave a valiant effort in the final 3 and Shiro got the the majority decision, I think the 115-113 scorecards were fair.

Lopez is 36, Shiro is 10 years younger at 26 and I'd be surprised to see this playing out any other way this time than the first few rounds being even and then Shiro taking control. It's hard for me to imagine Lopez being able to give that valiant effort he gave late in the last fight so I expect we see Shiro take this wider on the cards, perhaps 117-111 or something similar.

SportingBet have props for this fight so taking Shiro DEC @ 1.66.

1u to win 0.66u.

Doudou Ngumbu vs Yoann Kongolo - Ngumbu ML @ 1.72 - 1.5u to win 1u

I like the odds here. Ngumbu (37-8) although 36 is very experienced being in there with the likes of Mikhalkin, Fonfara, Salamov and Mohammedi. He's tricky with his style and possesses solid fundamentals, boxes well off the back foot with constant use of straight punches to pick his opponents off. He's been a pro for over 10 years and that experience could be a massive factor here.

Kongolo will be a familiar name to fellow Kickboxing fans, he has amassed a 11-0 record so far with 4 knockouts. However, when you take a closer look at these opponents you see he has been feasting on low level opposition to build his undefeated record, nothing wrong with that early in your Boxing career at all, but this represents a huge step up in opposition where youth will be his biggest advantage, even then he's 30 himself with a lot of combat mileage under his belt too.

This takes place at Palais Des Sports in Ngumbu's home town of Toulouse, a small sports hall like venue and is being promoted by Ngumbu Boxing from what I can translate from French articles. I think the experience and pure pro boxing style of Ngumbu outpoints Kongolo, the home advantages certainly help too, so happy to play his ML.

I am very curious about this fight. Saw Kongolo and recognized him from Glory.

McDonnell weighed in at 118lbs yesterday, today he weighs 144.4lbs.

He is going to looking enormous in there with Inoue, will it help enough to win it? I doubt it, but it certainly makes it very interesting.

Inoue weighs in at 131lbs.

Took 1u on the triple : Piatkowska dec, over 7.5 Lemieux and over 8.5 Ancajas @ 5.62

Quite surprised they put over 8.5 Ancajas @ 1.50 and over 7.5 Lemieux @ 2.25.
We could get some nice props.

Added 1u more on Inoue dec @ 4.60 as well.
Does not make a lot of sense for me to have the "goes to decision" prop @ 3.00 or less and Inoue dec at 4.60..

Was dropping in to say McDonnell is weighing 144lbs now but crow beat me to it.
Has Innoue ever been on with anyone that had that sort of size advantage before?

Was dropping in to say McDonnell is weighing 144lbs now but crow beat me to it.
Has Innoue ever been on with anyone that had that sort of size advantage before?

Boyeaux was the biggest from what I can remember, could be wrong. But nothing like the size of McDonnell, however he could just be as good as a lot of people expect and it may look like it makes no difference at all with Inoue moving up in weight, we'll soon see but I still think the bodywork (jab to head, cross to body or jab and left hook to the body will be his undoing) overhand right is a huge danger too.

Wow! Shiro takes Lopez (who's never been stopped before) out in 2 with a wicked body shot!

Inoue TKO line is back up to 1.53 so decided to lay a few units down on it too.

i got fight dont go the distance since it was pretty much the same price as Inoue ITD also took some fight ends before round 10 (1.83)

Back