Boxing Discussion VIII

Tony Harrison /Jermell Charlo Draw (+2000) $20.00 for $400.00

Rico + Dubois under 2.5, should have went bigger, oh well.

Is Badr's knee gone or his ankle?

Rico got dropped twice and caught a lucky break as a fairly big favorite. Not sure about the “should have went bigger” comment. You’ll get a cheaper line on him next time though.

Live In-Play Tony Harrison (+225) vs Jermell Charlo $100.00 for $225.00

0.25u live bet harrison win via decision +187. It was at +250 but I missed it by a few seconds and settled with that.

edit: added another 0.25u at +210

Last edited:
Ugh was thinking about arbing with charlo ITD but the knockdown happened right after

You*re only posting winnings, right? Afterwards, right?

See the UFC picks thread for the Busan event, I posted all of my pre fight picks, and I posted my account balances from the books I use pre and post fight.

Spur of the moment bets happen, live bets happen, cashing out of bets happens. I will post my pre and post account balances for each UFC event and post my pre fight picks but what else can I do?

People who post slips get shit, people who mention picks they made get shit, people who claim live bets they made but don't post slips get shit...

Sometimes, I place a bet and my first thought isn't tell Sherdog.

Interesting list of boxing upsets in 2019. I hit quite a few of them:

Talking of boxing upsets. Davis has been a hot and cold fighter which always worries me when a fighter changes division. And while Gamboa is past his prime and not big for the division he has fought at LW multiple times. This is also the biggest fight he has had since Crawford which hopefully, as he saw with Donaire against Inoue, brings out the best in him. I see this as closer to +650 odds so took a punt at +1375

Last edited:
Any of you guys think Jean Pascal +210 is worth a small bet against Badou Jack?

Edit: I just added a small bet to Pascal. Let's see if the old dog can pull one more solid win out of his a--.

Last edited:
With badou's higher volume the likely scenario is him winning a decision imo, but I'm playing the middle/late round props from him hoping he can get a finish after punishing pascal long enough.

I'd only play pascal ko line at +650 or w/e it is, him winning decision is very unlikely.

Gervonta Davis Under 5.5 rounds €70 for €128

Goulamirian by KO/TKO €100 for €153

Davies under 5.5 + Badou Jack by decision + Goulamirian €30 for €105

With badou's higher volume the likely scenario is him winning a decision imo, but I'm playing the middle/late round props from him hoping he can get a finish after punishing pascal long enough.

I'd only play pascal ko line at +650 or w/e it is, him winning decision is very unlikely.
Jack is a slow-starter and usually has very low output in the early rounds. Pascal was supposed to stop Browne aswell and in the end he won a decision. Pascal has a tight guard, very high and not easy to hit clean. Even Bivol had problems to land on him and he was able to steal a couple of rounds off Bivol. Pascal is a tricky customer and he definitely has a better chance to win a decision than to stop Badou. Badou is tough as nails and has a very good defence on his own. I expect a chess match. If Jack can find his rythm and range early, he should win a decision (odds sucking hard), if not i think Pascal has a decent chance to win a couple of rounds early and then we most likely have a 50/50 fight at the halfway mark.

If you want to bet Badou i would recommend to wait for live betting and take him after R1 or R2. It's almost guaranteed that Jack won't throw anything in R1 and R2. And Pascal might come out and test him once or twice early. I think betting-wise it makes sense to wait for the live betting. Badou is the rightful favorite but Pascal is tricky and definitely underrated.

Any of you guys think Jean Pascal +210 is worth a small bet against Badou Jack?

Edit: I just added a small bet to Pascal. Let's see if the old dog can pull one more solid win out of his a--.
I added another small bet to Pascal. This is what I have:

$5 on Jean Pascal +210
$5 on Jean Pascal +220

Back