Boxing Discussion VIII

Putting all things aside, i see Francis having a technical deficit in those later rounds, a few moments in the Fury fight Ngannou threw some loopy punches out of reactionary spasms almost, and that is where Aj capitalizes with that right hand. Or moments when Ngannou gets jabbed up with his arms up loading up that lead hook. It's my biggest gripe with Ngannou is his overuse of the lead hook which is his best punch to win the fight.

Aj has a habit sometimes of fighting shy , constantly doing feints and slipping and jabbing, kind of looked uninterested in the Robert Helenius fight. While I get he likes to create setups to pay down the line, Aj has a mindset of ' going through the motions.' Play the boxing game , jab -jab- clinch, feint right hand, i think this worked for Fury because he had the size to deal with Francis's strength, and moments in the clinch, two big guys tussled around and at times Francis connected and tossed fury around. I think this is where Ngannou can catch Aj slipping, is bullying him in the clinch and rag dolling him around and sneaking those cranium punches to the dome to knock his equilibrium.

If we follow the propaganda machine and listen to all the boxing pundits say stuff like 'Aj was an Olympian, lineal champ' they give off the impression of boxing being a game of tennis and the higher trophy boxer should win . But at the end of the day its' a fist fight, and Francis has the power, grit, mindset to win this fight and contend for the title, If Wilder did so with a right hand and power and some sloppy combinations, Francis has those same tools plus a better chin and weight/frame.

I played ML in a parlay with a few favorites this week, hit or miss, i have this being closer than the 300+ odds suggest.

Rolls today 1.71
parlay with AJ

I've been adding AJ to all of my bets for weeks now

Anthony Joshua (27-3 Boxing) Vs Francis Ngannou (0-1 Boxing, 17-3 MMA)

Some may remember back in October when I predicted Ngannou to beat Fury in his boxing debut. I received much laughter and animosity for making that bold prediction. In my opinion it was an utter robbery but that is the story of boxing sometimes.

I am once again backing Ngannou and the odds are much narrower this time around.

Joshua in my opinion is a better boxer then Fury but his main flaw is that his chin is not as strong. He was knocked out by Andy Ruiz in 2019 in a massive upset and I believe if Ngannou connects like he did to Fury he will not be able to recover.

Joshua opts to fight a smart game plan and while we will most likely see one of the best versions of him Friday night, I also believe we will see a much improved Ngannou.

Ngannou is clearly taking boxing very seriously and holds a strong chin as well as a decent gas tank.

I believe Ngannou will win by KO/TKO but I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets the decision win this time if it is a clear victory.

Pick: Francis Ngannou ML (+260)

yeah all in aj,even a blind chicken sometimes finds the corn(fury fight),its either
im winning or boxing will never be the same

Well at least we know whats NOT gonna happen

I believe that Joshua will fight cautious, jab and keep the distance and that Francis will fight at a measured pace. This should take the fight into the late rounds.

If that happens, shouldn’t Joshua and Francis landing 50+ punches be reasonable (5 per round if it goes the distance)

View attachment 1033152
Shit; that parlay's only worth +150 now. Hope it hits!

IDK, Fury got knocked down and won. I understand they're 2 completely different fighters, but it's a +2300 prop LOL...
Joshua goes bambi when he gets touched. Fury is harder to keep down than a Moose.

Back