Boxing Discussion VIII

Putting all things aside, i see Francis having a technical deficit in those later rounds, a few moments in the Fury fight Ngannou threw some loopy punches out of reactionary spasms almost, and that is where Aj capitalizes with that right hand. Or moments when Ngannou gets jabbed up with his arms up loading up that lead hook. It's my biggest gripe with Ngannou is his overuse of the lead hook which is his best punch to win the fight.

Aj has a habit sometimes of fighting shy , constantly doing feints and slipping and jabbing, kind of looked uninterested in the Robert Helenius fight. While I get he likes to create setups to pay down the line, Aj has a mindset of ' going through the motions.' Play the boxing game , jab -jab- clinch, feint right hand, i think this worked for Fury because he had the size to deal with Francis's strength, and moments in the clinch, two big guys tussled around and at times Francis connected and tossed fury around. I think this is where Ngannou can catch Aj slipping, is bullying him in the clinch and rag dolling him around and sneaking those cranium punches to the dome to knock his equilibrium.

If we follow the propaganda machine and listen to all the boxing pundits say stuff like 'Aj was an Olympian, lineal champ' they give off the impression of boxing being a game of tennis and the higher trophy boxer should win . But at the end of the day its' a fist fight, and Francis has the power, grit, mindset to win this fight and contend for the title, If Wilder did so with a right hand and power and some sloppy combinations, Francis has those same tools plus a better chin and weight/frame.

I played ML in a parlay with a few favorites this week, hit or miss, i have this being closer than the 300+ odds suggest.
-66$

<Fedor23>

So who cleaned up on AJ? I got up $265, had $1K on AJ's ML which is a big bet for me, lost $50 on sidebets of AJ rd6-10 & AJ decision.

Screenshot_20240308_201133_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240308_201114_Gallery.jpg

Was adding to AJ for weeks, what a gift we were given today.

Parker goes distance in round 8 at +$
Parker decision at +310 in round 9 i think it was
Parker live round 7 or 8

Lost on Rolls the other night.

-£287 I used flawed logic betting this, only for it to crumple back to the original simple fact that Ngannou isn't a professional boxer. This is what Fury should have done.

I was able to make some money Live betting Parker as planned so not too hard a knock.

Last edited:
-£287 I used flawed logic betting this, only for it to crumple back to the original simple fact that Ngannou isn't a professional boxer. This is what Fury should have done.

I was able to make some money Live betting Parker as planned so not too hard a knock.
I missed Parkers huge odds live. Think after round 6 he was +500ish which people had preplanned to bet had he made it that far

Zhang will kick himself for not being more active. Didn't even need to be every round but he took multiple rounds off. Cost him dearly. Shouldn't lose a decision with 2x 10-8's at that level

I lost a bit on O5.5 into AJ. Really thought he'd jab his way to the back end of the fight. Poor read there

Onto next weekend, or Probox/Aussie card midweek if you're that way inclined

I missed Parkers huge odds live. Think after round 6 he was +500ish which people had preplanned to bet had he made it that far

Zhang will kick himself for not being more active. Didn't even need to be every round but he took multiple rounds off. Cost him dearly. Shouldn't lose a decision with 2x 10-8's at that level

I lost a bit on O5.5 into AJ. Really thought he'd jab his way to the back end of the fight. Poor read there

Onto next weekend, or Probox/Aussie card midweek if you're that way inclined
The odds got huge after the first knockdown for Parker. I hit it pretty big.

IMG_6236.jpeg

I know it doesn’t belong here but…….

Luca Doncic triple double is +175. I would bet it medium to large. He has gotten 6 in a row with 30+ points which is a record. Dallas is trying to keep it going. In their last game, they played him when the game was out of reach to let him get the triple double

Unreal mate, well done. I didn't have the bottle to bet it then as Zhang really should have got Parker out of there at that point. Huge

Anything you like this week?
I’m pretty shitty making pre-bets. I’m good at live betting so it is hard for me to share as it is split second decision making for the most part.

I’m pretty shitty making pre-bets. I’m good at live betting so it is hard for me to share as it is split second decision making for the most part.
I was hovering over Blaydes +550 live then 5 seconds later he got the stoppage!

So annoyed. I find I wait too long on live bets but I'm finding good success taking dogs pre fight then arbing off live when the odds tighten.

Parker fight was still a gold mine live despite not landing the huge odds available

I know it doesn’t belong here but…….

Luca Doncic triple double is +175. I would bet it medium to large. He has gotten 6 in a row with 30+ points which is a record. Dallas is trying to keep it going. In their last game, they played him when the game was out of reach to let him get the triple double
Luca got the triple double before the end of the 3rd quarter.

Grech/Brown fight in a few hours to be a draw +750

4 rounder between 2 low level girls. Wouldn't surprise to see 2-2 as very unlikely to see a knockdown

Back