Boxing kinda sucks. What a shit stoppage.

LMAO this thread is a failure of EPIC proportions.

The commentary sucked, they didn't even know it was a corner stoppage when it happened.

Didn't even give him a standing 10 count? There was no definitive end to that fight. Let em fight. WTF

I am happy Tyson Fury won but I was hoping there would be a more definitive end.

Uhhh, he was getting destroyed, utterly. If it didn't stop then and there we may have seen Drago/Apollo 2. Wilder was literally getting savaged in there.

I can’t believe his corner sent him out for that last round. He was done and didn’t even have a hail mary chance at that point.

This sport is mad, Wilder took less damage than UFC's first round main event.

Yeah crazy that they look out for their fighter, especially when only an average 13 boxers die in the ring each year...

fail thread but want to post in it so more people can witness the fail

Didn't even give him a standing 10 count? There was no definitive end to that fight. Let em fight. WTF

I am happy Tyson Fury won but I was hoping there would be a more definitive end.
1) The Standing 8 Count was eliminated 22 years ago.

2) Wilder's corner threw in the towel because he was getting mauled.

3) You are not smart.

The corner stopped it.

I wanted Wilder to win and am disappointed. Boxing is still awesome.

I didn't see the fight but it looked a little bit scary seeing Wilder that hurt... almost as if he was dying

Fight was hard to watch. Prolonged beat down. Good stoppage

The corner stoppage should happen more often, it was clear Wilder was done and was never going to get a miracle KO

Props to his corner

Yeah crazy that they look out for their fighter, especially when only an average 13 boxers die in the ring each year...
Consequence of accepting to fight surely, isn't there a huge difference in popularity in amount of boxers fighting compared to MMA fighters? We have all seen MMA fighters with horrendous injuries like broken limbs winning fights, having eyes sealed shut and winning fights etc. Do you think Wilder was close to death? to me that seems extreme on viewing, not impossible but a little farfetched. I know it happens but get the point but still doesn't seem comparable to how much MMA fighters seem to take in damage and get away with compared to boxers.

Towel was thrown, so the stoppage is fine.

I like that boxing allows the corner to stop the fight

Back