Crime Boy, 13, dies after ‘horrific’ sword attack in north-east London

The met don’t carry firearms, or at least most of them don’t. This guy would have been ventilated in the US, and rightfully so. Not to show bias, but in the UK, a lot of the knife attacks seem to be from immigrants. Just my guess

Very little info at present but they've apparently ruled out terrorism and clsim it wasn't targeted. But driving a car into a specific home seems quite targeted to me?

British police have a saying,

"When every second counts, Armed Response is only minutes away".

British police Armed Response teams are very well trained. Probably to a higher standard than some American forces. But they amount to less than 6% of all UK coppers. So in situations like this, the Response officers will be armed with a baton and Taser at best.

It's a damn shame. This bastard should have been put down like a rabid dog.

Like I said, I respect the hell out of them for taking on lethal weapons with less lethal equipment. I have gone hands on with people armed with knives at least 3 times that I can recall. Never even thought to pull my gun mainly because it happened so fast.

Very little info at present but they've apparently ruled out terrorism and clsim it wasn't targeted. But driving a car into a specific home seems quite targeted to me?

Me as well. The UK will bend over backwards to not make their illegal I migrants feel unwelcome so no matter where this person is from, it won’t be terrorism related

Me as well. The UK will bend over backwards to not make their illegal I migrants feel unwelcome so no matter where this person is from, it won’t be terrorism related

A sword rampage the suburbs at 7am sounds more like an "off his meds" situation than anything else.

It said he killed a boy who was on his way to school, so presumably not somebody who lived in that house.

No country should make Illegal Immigrants feel "Welcome"...mass illegal immigration only hurts the communities that are already in need the most... So much for leaders of the countries actually caring for their citizens and putting them first.

Where was the good guy with a sword?!
images

It was well understood and discussed that a nation making firearms almost obsolete is undoubtedly going to see a large spike in blade related incidents.

At the end of the day, it isn't the tool causing the action. If there aren't guns readily available, the next general choice is a knife or sharp weapon.

How can you be an officer of the law and not be equipped with the tools to enforce the law....The Met might want to rethink that virtue signaling.
He got stopped with a taser. Problem is the first responders didn't even have them. This is what policing on the cheap does.

Based on the image it looks like a wakizashi or katana, which I believe are illegal there.

I can't imagine the sword collecting community is too happy about this, and the government will probably be more stringent as a result. I remember hearing they were trying to go after gardening tools at one point.

Definitely a Wakisashi. I don't see how anyone can call a 2 handed weapon a long knife....

Didn't say anything about an armed populace or whether this would have concluded sooner but cool, that's your opinion. I'm not that passionate about it, I was just thinking of the two female cops murdered in Manchester a few years ago, that situation would/could have been different if they were armed. They couldn't respond quick enough to get him, he handed himself in and that's a response to two officers down, not sure they are quick enough to respond in all cases.
It would have needed an entirely different approach to policing because he ambushed them on the doorstep. They didn't have time to react and they had no idea what they were walking into. Even if they had pistols out going to the door, at least one of them would be dead. And it such a rarity, as tragic as it is, that I don't think the UK general public would like to have weapons pulled on them all the time.

It was well understood and discussed that a nation making firearms almost obsolete is undoubtedly going to see a large spike in blade related incidents.

At the end of the day, it isn't the tool causing the action. If there aren't guns readily available, the next general choice is a knife or sharp weapon.
There are more stabbings per capita in the USA than the UK. So what's your point?

Definitely a Wakisashi. I don't see how anyone can call a 2 handed weapon a long knife....
Just going off the image in the screen cap of the video posted in the last page, the handle does look longer than a Wakizashi. There are also Ko-Katanas which have a Wakizashi blade on a Katana length Tsuka.

I'm more of a Euro-Sword guy personally, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back