Crime Boy, 13, dies after ‘horrific’ sword attack in north-east London

I’m drunk and high and can’t be arsed reading through to find it or pointing the finger, maybe it was this dude, but where the fuck did that come from?!? :) Quoted the wrong guy! Sorry @Siver!

for the second time, what the fuck are you on about?
Tell me your preloaded defensive talking points first since you want to be included, let's have a reductive exchange...

Here's a question for you, how do you define England's identity?

*Edit: @LeonardoBjj I didn't mean to Include your quote in this post... And don't know how to remove it...

*Edit #2: looks like I might have removed it...

The Metropolitan police said the suspect was arrested after being Tasered, 22 minutes after the first 999 emergency call.

The police would have been there much quicker if the idiot Britains would have dialed 911.

thats-the-joke.gif

Definitely a Wakisashi. I don't see how anyone can call a 2 handed weapon a long knife....
Maybe a Katana, but it does look Japanese, with a tsuba and habaki. At least in style as it's probably a cheap knockoff.

Just going off the image in the screen cap of the video posted in the last page, the handle does look longer than a Wakizashi. There are also Ko-Katanas which have a Wakizashi blade on a Katana length Tsuka.

I'm more of a Euro-Sword guy personally, though.
I don't think the length of the tsuka plays a role in whether the blade is a wakizashi or katana. Tanto, wakizashi, and katana are roughly up to 12", 24", and over 24". The prefixes O or Ko mean large and small and indicate near what range the blade is. So an o-wakizashi and a ko-katana would both be near the 24" range with one being shorter and the other longer.

Their populace is not armed like the US. They have very few leo shootings going either way (shooting suspects or being shot). Personally, I think the UK police are studs for being able to handle knives without guns like they do. The US police could learn a lot from them but they do take a lot of risk to protect scumbags from being killed.
What you're not considering is that americans like @Lucas1980 couldn't fight their way into a paper bag so relying on guns is all they know.

Tell me your preloaded defensive talking points first since you want to be included, let's have a reductive exchange...

Here's a question for you, how do you define England's identity?

*Edit: @LeonardoBjj I didn't mean to Include your quote in this post... And don't know how to remove it...

*Edit #2: looks like I might have removed it...
Again, what the fuck are you on about? It's a simple question, what does this have to do with Rishi and Sadiq? And what did we wish for and what have we got? I'll answer your question if you answer mine. Don't be scared homie.

I do love a good UK policing thread. London has around 35-40 knife related incidents per day. It makes up around a 1/3 of the entire countries knife crime stats

The only reason this makes the news is because a child was murdered.

London is struggling with recruitment of armed response officers at the moment due to a) the persecution of any officer actually involved in a shooting and b) initial recruitment steering away from ex-military to "graduates".

To train and keep a firearms officer in ticket is expensive and complex. There is an uncomfortable amount of officers who can't even pass the basic fitness test, let alone train to be an ARV.

At my last fitness test, when I was in my early 40s, I did my annual test and saw 4 women and 2 men in their 20s fail it (level 5.4 on the bleep test) the instructor and I ran a second test straight after doing side step to prove how embarrassed the youngsters should feel.

**And for the record, you'd need your fucking head examined to be a firearms officer in the UK**

I do love a good UK policing thread. London has around 35-40 knife related incidents per day. It makes up around a 1/3 of the entire countries knife crime stats

London is struggling with recruitment of armed response officers at the moment due to a) the persecution of any officer actually involved in a shooting and b) initial recruitment steering away from ex-military to "graduates".

To train and keep a firearms officer in ticket is expensive and complex. There is an uncomfortable amount of officers who can't even pass the basic fitness test, let alone train to be an ARV.

At my last fitness test, when I was in my early 40s, I did my annual test and saw 4 women and 2 men in their 20s fail it (level 5.4 on the bleep test) the instructor and I ran a second test straight after doing side step to prove how embarrassed the youngsters should feel.

**And for the record, you'd need your fucking head examined to be a firearms officer in the UK**
I've known two firearms officers and they both said the exact same thing.

Basically, firearms officers used to be the cream of the crop in the UK with a huge waiting list to get in. This allowed to police to chose the best recruits. They were also allowed extra time to train so that they could keep physically fit and improve their marksmanship.

Now, everyone is terrified of joining because as soon as you discharge your weapon there is a pretty good chance you will be arrested for murder (see Chris Kaba). They also have to spend half their lives doing paperwork so they don't get enough time to train.

As a result, no one wants to join and the quality goes down.

I guess you're enjoying comparing yourself to dogshit, by a few measly percentage points. You can't be this dense?
You calling into question my intelligence when you have just demonstrated a complete lack of any because you sank your own argument LMAO

Just to add, our death by gun homicide are way way lower than yours (about 100 times lower), and if you add gun homicides to knife homicides your numbers are nearly 10 times ours!
If we were as violent and your theory that knife crime would go way up with no guns made sense we'd have similar homicide rates but we have nothing close.

Well done you must be so proud of yourself.

Last edited:

5.4 is comically low [for a 20 something policeman or woman to fail]. I checked the Army entry requirements (of course most people would score higher after completing training and being on the job)

REME Mechanic: 6.6
General Infantry: 8.7
Paras: 11.6

The annual fitness test (for everyone) requires a 1½ mile run in 10:30 for males under 30, which translates roughly to 10.1 on the Bleep Test.

Those coppers won't catch many criminals at that speed! You could almost escape on a steamroller.

Last edited:
5.4 is comically low [for a 20 something policeman or woman to fail]. I checked the Army entry requirements (of course most people would score higher after completing training and being on the job)

REME Mechanic: 6.6
General Infantry: 8.7
Paras: 11.6

The annual fitness test (for everyone) requires a 1½ mile run in 10:30 for males under 30, which translates roughly to 10.1 on the Bleep Test.

Those coppers won't catch many criminals at that speed! You could almost escape on a steamroller.

Even the GI level seems low to me. I used to run mid 9s as a stressed out detective. I reckon I could have hit 11 with time to train.

The youngsters these days have abysmal real world fitness

I've known two firearms officers and they both said the exact same thing.

Basically, firearms officers used to be the cream of the crop in the UK with a huge waiting list to get in. This allowed to police to chose the best recruits. They were also allowed extra time to train so that they could keep physically fit and improve their marksmanship.

Now, everyone is terrified of joining because as soon as you discharge your weapon there is a pretty good chance you will be arrested for murder (see Chris Kaba). They also have to spend half their lives doing paperwork so they don't get enough time to train.

As a result, no one wants to join and the quality goes down.
Who can blame them. Were seeing murder charges brought for officers who were cleared in coroner's courts decades ago. Quite frankly its disgusting how this country treats people who put themselves in stressful and violent situations to appease the hindsight brigade

Police having no guns might have made sense in the high-trust low-crime British societies of the past, but it is 2024 and society is fooked. Police need real stopping power to deal w/ incels off their meds, prolific violent offenders, cultural enrichment events, etc.

There's such a shortage of AFO's, the Met is looking at putting Probationers through the AFO course as soon as they finish basic training. Although they won't actually be allowed to carry out armed duties until after completing their two year Probation.

Makes you weep. :(

Police having no guns might have made sense in the high-trust low-crime British societies of the past, but it is 2024 and society is fooked. Police need real stopping power to deal w/ incels off their meds, prolific violent offenders, cultural enrichment events, etc.
I live in a city that is supposedly high crime in the UK. Yet stories of the 80s make it seem like it's calm nowadays. High trust in the past? Lol. Crime (excluding computer crimes and fraud) was going up in the 80s, peaked in 1994 and then has fallen since then. I sometimes use the city subreddit and it gets brigaded with those from far away when there's a crime with a non-White perpetrator, with Americans saying things that show they have no clue wtf they're talking about, but are too uneducated to even imagine they might not have a clue.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...ns/crimeinenglandandwales/yearendingmarch2023

Crime and has slightly gone up in the last few years (still way down from the 80s-early 90s). Knife crime has come up recently. I always heard knives weren't common here in the 80s (and I know people who got into fights frequently in the 80s).

You give a bunch of reasons for increasing crime (which like I said hasn't even increased if you zoom out the timeline - but of course it's still good to reduce crime). Yet you left things out things like the police receiving big cuts post-2009, healthcare waiting lists, youth centres being closed, social services funding/capita issues due to councils having their funding from Westminster cut by around 40% from 2009/10 to 2019/20 and the housing shortage and inflation causing people to lose spending power. You leave these major things out because you have no clue wtf you're talking about and just transplant dumbass talking points onto every country without knowing about said country's internal politics or history.

Glasgow had a huge knife crime issue in the 80s-early 2000s and successfully reduced it, without targetting any of the supposed key factors you cited. They focused on policing but also on youth work and employment training.

Iceland dropped its youth drug/alcohol use dramatically in two decades (from around 30-40% to 3-5%) by putting teens into sports or other activity clubs and parental education and parental involvement in the school system. Lithuania did similar. Ironically inspired by a US programme, which was scrapped despite being successful. Again, not the smoothbrain factors you cited, which might have some impact but wouldn't give the most bang vs buck. https://web.archive.org/web/2018031...h/archive/2017/01/teens-drugs-iceland/513668/

People fall for sensationalist news and get distracted from real solutions. Shame.

Back