Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar: It will cure what ails ya!

Just to shut up all you screaming queens whinging about the taste: my 9-year old niece considers a cup of ACV to be a major treat.

One thing I found out not to do is take a shot of this stuff on an empty stomache. It twisted my stomache worse than if i took a shot of hot sauce. Definitely take it after your meal.

One thing I found out not to do is take a shot of this stuff on an empty stomache. It twisted my stomache worse than if i took a shot of hot sauce. Definitely take it after your meal.

I kind of enjoy a shot first thing in the morning...but I'm fucked up.

This stuff is harsh but if you mix it with the orange/pineapple juice you can barely taste it..

i'll read all the new posts later...

but as for applying topically, it stopped working after about a week for me. acne was worst than ever, went back to the prescription stuff. LAME.

people still having a rough time with the taste? well here ya go.

i call it spiking. it's best for those truly nasty supps or even shooters, not that i drink....

take a sip of water (or whatever chaser), but keep it in your mouth. take the shot as fast as you can and drink it instantly, as soon as it mixes with the sip in your mouth. chase as soon as possible with some more water.

you won't know you're shooting acv unless you can smell it. i'm sure the >1sec mouth time saves the teeth too--my biggest concern.

This works for me, but I don't know why. I shoot mine, 2 tblsp of ACV in a shot glass, fill the rest of the shot glass up with water. I find that if I use warm almost hot water, it negates the taste. Try it, can't hurt.

I'm the same way. The colder the food, the more you taste it.

Does it specifically have to be Apple Cider Vinegar? Lately, I've been drinking Persimmon Vinegar, but I was wondering if it'll have the same effect? The taste of the persimmon vinegar is quite more tolerable than ACV, I must say.

yeah i actually came to ask that specific question. i dont understand what it is about ACV specifically as opposed to other types of vinegar. there are delicious salad dressing type vinegars like pear champagne vinegar or some shit, but those dont work the same? or balsamic vinegar on a salad? what is it that makes apple cider vinegar work better than others? the study was just about vinegar in general right

Found acv tablets at my raisan rack and have been taking them.

I'm not trying to be a dick...

But other than the TS saying so and another poster saying the the store brand doesn't have the "myriad of health benefits," is there something I'm missing? Can you at least point me to the part of the thread you're referring to?

Dude. Bragg. The shit. Is. The. Fucking. Shit. TS is not bullshitting. I don't have bad acne but I got annoying little bumps (or used to have) on my forehead and oily skin. I started reading about Bragg apple cider vinegar and how it dries up acne/bumps etc. It's the ONLY fucking thing that dried up my slick ass forehead without overproducing more oil. The shit burns, and smells like ASS, so if you apply it on your face do it at night before bed.

(I also drink a little every day)

I hope this little company never goes out of business. If I could afford it I'd shower in the shit!

I thought most of the reviews were bullshit, like other home remedy acne treatments for skin. Not this stuff. This shit will also even out the color in your face (alpha hydroxy or something or another).

I read through most of the thread and didn't see this question asked or answered so:

Can I just throw a shot of ACV into my post workout protein shake? Or does it have to be taken alone?

Thanks.

I read through most of the thread and didn't see this question asked or answered so:

Can I just throw a shot of ACV into my post workout protein shake? Or does it have to be taken alone?

Thanks.

I tried it in my PWO shake and I don't recommend it. It makes your shake taste like shit and it's hard to get it all down.

I typically mix 2 tablespoons in with my mixed greens drink in the morning since they both taste like shit. I get all of my nastiness out of the way first thing in the morning.

So, I don't think it has to be taken alone but I'd take it in something you can down quickly. This will also help save your teeth.

It's been a while since I've read this thread and I'm not going to go back through the whole thing but my dentist suggested using ACT or a similar flouride treatment after drinking apple cider vinegar. It damages the enamel on your teeth so ACT will help prevent that. Also, don't brush your teeth for at least a half hour after drinking ACV as you'll just be scrubbing enamel off of your teeth.

Thanks. Just picked up a bottle of it to see if I get results from using it.

Edit: Just used some. Took two TBSP and mixed it in with like a quarter cup of propel and just downed it asap.

Ya know what the taste was? It tastes like Calvados (an apple based liquor from Northern France) that I used to drink a shitton of when I lived overseas. Huh, go figure.

i just bought this cause of a stubborn rash on my face. it kinda burns when i use a Q Tip and dip it (Braggs ACV) and apply it on my rash. i guess i gotta wait for a few week.
planning on drinking it as well later today.

i just bought this cause of a stubborn rash on my face. it kinda burns when i use a Q Tip and dip it (Braggs ACV) and apply it on my rash. i guess i gotta wait for a few week.
planning on drinking it as well later today.

It may work for acne but it's not guaranteed for rashes, which could be a multitude of things. But you shouldn't be putting straight ACV on any wound. It should be diluted 3 parts water to one part Bragg.

I know that back home, those who drink ACV, dilute it with water and mix it with honey. Haven't tried it, but I will soon. My parents have an apple tree in their backyard and they just made ACV. All natural all organic, BOOYA!

Back