News Brandon Moreno taking a break from fighting for a while, NOT retiring

Do you think he will ever become champion again?

• Total voters
Being a UFC Champion is stressful as fuck. Especially if you’re the first, or only champion from your country.

That’s why I doubt we will see people racking up 8+ straight title defences in the future. It’s extremely stressful.

He deserves a rest. I hope everything works out for him.

I voted YES that he'd win the belt again. He's still very young, very talented, and in a division lacking in top contenders. Moreno is a decent draw on top of that.

He could win the belt back even if he takes an entire year off. I have faith in him.

I think there's a good chance of him getting the belt back because Pantoja is 33 and approaching the cursed 35 barrier, and once Pantoja retires then it's between Moreno, Royval, and Mokaev mainly and I think he's better than both Royval and Mokaev (imo the recent loss to Royval was a close fight but still a robbery)

It will only get worst if he becomes a DNB
At least he can ask for part time job at Bryce Mitchell farm

Made some cash and a little history. Good for him, good dude. Hope he enjoys his time off and comes back sooner than later.

I'd pay to watch TS fight BoxerMaurits

Only the winner can start threads.

Wishing him a great rest and recovery. If all goes well for him yes I definitely feel he can regain a title. When he's on he's an electrifying fighter and that energy can translate to his performances.

He’s been in some wars
He deserves a break
Always been a fan of the Assassin Baby

He's a humble guy, he was trying his best, but I assume the spotlight got to him. His life has changed a lot in the last 4 years, total roller coaster. TJ to Vegas, multiple camp switches (he was a Krause guy), two title reigns, sponsors, tv time, podcasting, etc.

Probably bulking up to 135 on that good ol Mexican food to fight vs Cejudo at The Sphere in September.
I read somewhere that he got weighed at 137 by CSAC. Meanwhile DJ and Cejudo got weighed at 142 and 143, which would make him both smaller than every one else and also undefined physique wise. Guy probably couldn’t be competitive at bantamweight

Back