Breaking Bad: can I skip the scenes w Skylar White, yo?

No they are essential. They make you understand why Walt did what he did. Especially the scenes with Ted.

No, suffer like the rest of us

Suffering through those scenes and getting irritated yourself is part of the true Breaking Bad experience imo.

This.

Breaking Bad is a GOAT contender maybe even THE GOAT TV series and every scene adds something to the whole. If you don't appreciate everything Skylar's character is (because you didn't see all of her scenes), you won't fully appreciate all the payoffs in the final season.

Skyler rules

Way out of his league, yet happy & willing to give her depressed loser car washing husband handjobs just to cheer him up

Loving wife, who didn't need all the money & chaos scumbag Walt brought into their lives & destroyed their family with, via his ego. She was happy to scrape by with him & their son. Walt ruined a good thing

Skyler Top Team

Yeah, I can see that.

She gets way less screen time but pound for pound or minute for minute or whatever... she is pretty bad.
Shallow and boring.
The two of them in scenes together... well, I don't know because I FFwd,
but I assume it is boring.

The writers seem to suck at writing for women. All the male characters are interesting, flawed, have character development, tension, pressure, etc.

The women they seem to use to state the obvious.

Marie: "Hank, why are you going back to work ? You were at work all night!"

(Yeah, we know, the camera just showed us that but thanks for describing it again for blind viewers.)
i liked jane....but thats mostly because krysten ritter is stunning

Skyler rules

Way out of his league, yet happy & willing to give her depressed loser car washing husband handjobs just to cheer him up

Loving wife, who didn't need all the money & chaos scumbag Walt brought into their lives & destroyed their family with, via his ego. She was happy to scrape by with him & their son. Walt ruined a good thing

Skyler Top Team
Skyler's MILF Tits Top Team

At least she wasn’t as bad as Lori from Walking Dead

I didn't like her either.

I watched Breaking Bad two times, because I didn't find it that "revolutionary" and great the first time. I didn't the second time either, I mean it's a good watch, but I much preferred "Better Call Saul".

Yeah, I can see that.

She gets way less screen time but pound for pound or minute for minute or whatever... she is pretty bad.
Shallow and boring.
The two of them in scenes together... well, I don't know because I FFwd,
but I assume it is boring.

The writers seem to suck at writing for women. All the male characters are interesting, flawed, have character development, tension, pressure, etc.

The women they seem to use to state the obvious.

Marie: "Hank, why are you going back to work ? You were at work all night!"
(Yeah, we know, the camera just showed us that but thanks for describing it again for blind viewers.)
Lol, so like 10 years ago, we had just wrapped on a not good TV show called Taxi Brooklyn, shot at Silvercup studios in queens. Well I was the walkie PA (very important !) and walked by her in the hallway crying because she just got done with some other show, and she grabbed me and hugged me hard. Very weird.

On a side note, probably when all of us PAs are leaving out the back like an hour later, Bill Hader sneaks out the the back door where we were leaving and hammers down a bottle of scotch and a fat blunt with the 4 of us whilst we ar waiting for a car service to swoop us to the wrap party at some swanky bar in queens city. Good times!

I fuckin hate Skylar, the crying whiner hypocrite Jesse, and Walter's retarded son. Fuck these 3 people.

I was fine with everyone except Jesse. Fuck that dude. They just kept him around so they could pad out episodes with him moping around, or if they needed cheap drama - just get Jesse to spaz out. I was heartbroken when *spoilers* he didn't get gangraped to death

Last edited:
Will I miss out on anything of extreme importance if I just FF thru her scenes?

*Sigh*

I get she's irritating, but look at it from her perspective.

Her husband is leading a second life as a meth chemist. Her suspicions are very justified and her character arc is very related to Walt's arc.

This isn't like Aliens/Predator Requiem and its significantly more entertaining when skipping every scene that a human isn't getting killed.

I was fine with everyone except Jesse. Fuck that dude. They just kept him around so he could pad out episodes with him moping around, or if they needed cheap drama - just get Jesse to spaz out. I was heartbroken when *spoilers* he didn't get gangraped to death
Bro you really are my brother from another mother. I watched the sequel movie to see him die goddamn it.

He is a hypocrite, thats what I fucken hate about him. Dude always create problems lol and Walter saved him a bunch. Now suddenly he wanna play hero and act like a person of good moral.

None of the scenes should be skipped, it's all worthwhile in the end.

Although, I have to watch the whole show again to realize what a masterpiece it is.

I am watching Breaking Bad.
I have never seen it all the way thru.

I'm at season 3 ep 7, having watched several episodes this last week.

Previously I stopped watching and I think it was because Skylar just annoys the ever loving shit out of me.

Will I miss out on anything of extreme importance if I just FF thru her scenes?

I get that her character is supposed to be irritating and affect pressure onto Walt. Cool. I get it.
If there is Some stress affecting Walt, that might be part of it. I think I can piece that together on the occasions it comes up. I doubt this ruins the experience for me.
_______

Anyway, without spoilers for S3-5...
Is there any major reason why I should not just skip that annoying shit, save myself a few hours over the course of the series?

Barring some extremely compelling post here, I think that will be my move.

Season 5 is a masterpiece and I can't imagine it being as good if you skip all the scenes with Skyler in them.

The annoying characters are a very instrumental part of breaking bad. You miss the context of a lot of developments. Wit Its not a nice world . Yes I also hate Skylar but she does a fantastic job playing this character and it fits perfect into the script.
Walther White without Skylar makes not much sense. So does Hank, Marie and their son. So I very much recommend watching all scenes with her. There are other characters and Jesse for me, is even much more annoying towards the end. He is the only character on TV I get agressive in front of TV and am happy for horrible stuff happening to him. The mix of zero accountability and a whiny crybaby is just horrible. Janet is also tough but it all fits into the narrative.

Skylar at least takes some responsibility and well she really gets her world turned upside down by Walt .

So no dont miss out on any character. Being annoyed is part of the BB experience and it especially deepens all scenes with Walther and Hank. Also Skylar and Jesse interactions are hilarious.

If you hate Skylar watch Ozark season 3 with Wendy Byrd <lmao>

Back