Breaking Bad: can I skip the scenes w Skylar White, yo?

Walt is a total piece of shit lol. I always laugh at people that get upset about Skylar when it's clear that Walt is by far a much worse person.
I think the disgust comes from her at some point going on a power trip and loving that aspect of Walt's drugs but still bitches to Walt . Also she cheats on Walt several times with her boss not owning that but blaming Walt .

Also she wanted Walt to take the teaching job but nags him for the small income.

She is a frustrated housewife because of her life choices and Walt was her way of venting. But she also has reason to be frustrated about Walt. It's complex

Also Walt isn't .just bad. Without any need he puts his life on the line for Jesse several times and in the end that is the reason he has a falling out with his drug boss. He kills two people for Jesse. All bad developments later are based on that betrayal of Gus to protect Jesse. That was a wonderful trait of Walt.

Walt is a total piece of shit lol. I always laugh at people that get upset about Skylar when it's clear that Walt is by far a much worse person.
This is exactly how I feel to. To the point that I dropped the show after season 4. I couldn't stand to watch Walt anymore.

I've never understood the extreme hate. Her character is written well and she plays it well. Not much wasted material with her, unlike Marie and the whole clepto thing that was shoehorned into the show for reasons unknown.

I get that she's a bit of a bitchy domineering wife with flaws of her own that make her look like a complete hypocrite at times, but that's her character and she fully embraces the role and plays it well. I mean, she's not Chandler Riggs from TWD or anything. I could understand skipping his cringe inducing presence.

Also Walt isn't .just bad. Without any need he puts his life on the line for Jesse several times and in the end that is the reason he has a falling out with his drug boss. He kills two people for Jesse. All bad developments later are based on that betrayal of Gus to protect Jesse. That was a wonderful trait of Walt.
He poisoned a four year-old. I don't think his bro love for Jessie trumps that. At best, you could say he was really protective of his partner in the drug trade. I mean, it's like saying one half of a serial killing duo had a heart, because he was always there for his partner in crime.

I've never understood the extreme hate. Her character is written well and she plays it well. Not much wasted material with her, unlike Marie and the whole clepto thing that was shoehorned into the show for reasons unknown.

I get that she's a bit of a bitchy domineering wife with flaws of her own that make her look like a complete hypocrite at times, but that's her character and she fully embraces the role and plays it well. I mean, she's not Chandler Riggs from TWD or anything. I could understand skipping his cringe inducing presence.

Watch her scenes thru S3.

No joke 90% is just stating obvious plot narratives which were already shown on camera... it is brutally annoying.
But hey everyone just so you know Skylar is kind of piecing things together because she will verbally say the clues you already saw her see or experience. She knows Walt knows Jesse Pinkman. She brings that up about 500 times.
It is torturously repetitive and redundant.

Marie does some of this too.

I'm guessing the writing staff has a lot of men and maybe they struggle to write for female character development which is actually pretty common especially in crime genres. The women get reduced to plot tools.

From comments in this thread it sounds like the last season in particular does a better job of weaving her into plots and making her relatable or at least useful.

Skyler rules

Way out of his league, yet happy & willing to give her depressed loser car washing husband handjobs just to cheer him up

Jerking off like a troll in the basement next to the water heater is better than a sad half ass handy.

If you do something, do it right or don't bother!

Walt jr is who I hated after my 3rd watch.
Yeah he’s a little asshole but I bet Walt was just like him personality wise from what we see of him prior to when he “breaks bad”. Dude lies his ass off about everything even before becoming Heisenberg

Walter is just a good person doing bad things to provide for his family bro. For real. And skylar looks like Woody Harrelson, Walt is way out of her league. He should have got younger prettier girl after she cheated. But he is a man of honor who loves his wife and family.
Walt was never a good person. Rewatch and pay close attention to the first few episodes of season 1.

Yeah the complexity of Walt and other characters is what makes this series so great. Walt starts as a good man who does some bad things and ends the series as a bad man who does some good things. And his loyalty to his family and associates (unless they cross him) is one of his finest qualities. Since TS is only on S3, I won't drop any spoilers but suffice to say Walt's loyalty even when it goes against his own interests and when he doesn't even "need" Jesse anymore is a high point of his character.

That's exactly the type of informative post I was hoping for.

Thru where I am now, which is about half the series, there has been, in my opinion, nothing of value to her scenes that isn't so apparent that you could easily piece it together.

- Wife
- Uppity cunt thinks she is too cool for drug money but had no problem when the mortgage was paid or medical treatments were paid.
- Falsely accused Walt of cheating with zero evidence and then presumably used this to justify fucking her boss. Whore.

None of that would have eluded me if I FFwd her scenes in S1-3.

Ok, so S4 watch her scenes with Walt.
I can do that.
That's means I can skip her girl talk scenes with her sister which are fucking brutal or which serve to spell.out her mental process of stating the obvious for plot purposes... I can live without this.

Don't skip anything in final season.
Makes sense.

You rock sir.
<RomeroSalute>
If i remember correctly shit she does has a significant influence over the course of the events. I would not recommend skipping.

He poisoned a four year-old. I don't think his bro love for Jessie trumps that. At best, you could say he was really protective of his partner in the drug trade. I mean, it's like saying one half of a serial killing duo had a heart, because he was always there for his partner in crime.
Look at it like this . Without his fierce self harming loyalty risking his family and his own life he would have happily lived to the end being friends and work buddies with Gus earning millions having zero issues with anything or anyone. All problems ,like the poisoning, ( which he needed to do to survive as he was hunted by then) result from him putting Jesse's needs way above his own and his families. Imo it was because at that point Jesse felt like a son to him.

Without fuck boy Jesse Walt was the perfect Businesspartner for Gus. Trustworthy, loyal ,quiet ,family man, highly intelligent.

Everything else only came after the incident.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back